More than 20 dead after shooting at Sutherland Springs church

Thank you for proving my point. This was done by one evil guy, not gun laws.

No, it proves looser gun laws don't stop mass shootings.

Congrats! :boohoo:

No, it proves that you have faulty cognitive abilities. Here's the flaw in what you substitute for a rational thought process:

Gun grabbers are, at bottom, prohibitionists. You all want to make not owning a gun mandatory. The goal of your gun regulations is to make owning a gun increasingly difficult, to the point where the cumulative effect of gun laws is de facto a ban on guns (much like Obabblecare is the road to nationalized health care).

2nd Amendment advocates, on the other hand, are for freedom of choice. One may choose, or not choose, to own a gun. Your claim that the shooting proves that looser gun laws don't stop mass shooting is specious. No one is obligated to own a gun. Given the small community in which the church is located, the logical assumption is that the members of the congregation had no reason to fear for their safety as they knew their local community. I'll bet that nobody had a gun, unless the person who did was one of the first victims and had no chance to respond.

Talk about a faulty argument, I NEVER said I wanted to prohibit owning a gun.

NEVER.

But you vote for politicians who will do it for you.

No... I didn't. I've always voted Republican up until this election where I would have voted for Sanders who is for tighter gun laws but not prohibition.

Omigawd! A Bernie Bro. *snicker*

And?

25 killed in Texas today by one guy.

No, it proves that you have faulty cognitive abilities. Here's the flaw in what you substitute for a rational thought process:

Gun grabbers are, at bottom, prohibitionists. You all want to make not owning a gun mandatory. The goal of your gun regulations is to make owning a gun increasingly difficult, to the point where the cumulative effect of gun laws is de facto a ban on guns (much like Obabblecare is the road to nationalized health care).

2nd Amendment advocates, on the other hand, are for freedom of choice. One may choose, or not choose, to own a gun. Your claim that the shooting proves that looser gun laws don't stop mass shooting is specious. No one is obligated to own a gun. Given the small community in which the church is located, the logical assumption is that the members of the congregation had no reason to fear for their safety as they knew their local community. I'll bet that nobody had a gun, unless the person who did was one of the first victims and had no chance to respond.

NEVER.

You support the gun laws that are the road to prohibition, bub.

No, tighter gun controls is not prohibition, that kind of idea is your defense mechanism in order to scare people to prevent it. Bigly sad.

They just said he had a Ruger assault rifle.

If a person puts that they care about social issues they are ANTIFA?

Good lord stop the fucking madness! You can't care about people without being ANTIFA?????

Not social ISSUES....social ACTION.

View attachment 158823

Holy shit, are you dense? Just because someone cares about the environment and social issues doesn't mean they are ANTIFA and are going to shoot up a church.

He's a white male, from a small town, mid 20's, ex-military, religious, and former Bible School teacher. That says a WHOLE lot more than the things you highlighted.

I recycle, care about the environment, and think social issues that affect the quality of life in our country is important... and I don't want to shoot up a church.

But....you should probably turn in your guns....just to be safe...

How does it feel to have your largest argument for loose gun laws be destroyed all in one day?

That's all I will say to you the rest of today about this... because it is extremely sad that all these innocent people died because some nutjob easily got a hold of gun to do it.

How did that happen? They likely died because people like you forced them to go unarmed....because churches are gun free zones, meaning because of people like you, they didn't have their guns...which they can legally carry in Texas....and he had free reign to murder .....but was stopped as he left the church by a good civilian with a rifle.......then he fled the scene....loooooong before the police were able to arrive.....

more guns in the hands of good guys could have saved lives....but people like you prevent that....

Good lord stop the fucking madness! You can't care about people without being ANTIFA?????

View attachment 158823

Holy shit, are you dense? Just because someone cares about the environment and social issues doesn't mean they are ANTIFA and are going to shoot up a church.

He's a white male, from a small town, mid 20's, ex-military, religious, and former Bible School teacher. That says a WHOLE lot more than the things you highlighted.

I recycle, care about the environment, and think social issues that affect the quality of life in our country is important... and I don't want to shoot up a church.

Definitely. Everyone should hand over their guns and rely on the government to protect them.

Just call 911 and wait. You’ll be fine.

NEVER.

No, tighter gun controls is not prohibition, that kind of idea is your defense mechanism in order to scare people to prevent it. Bigly sad.

Yeah...tighter gun control laws are prohibition......keep lying...

View attachment 158823

How does it feel to have your largest argument for loose gun laws be destroyed all in one day?

That's all I will say to you the rest of today about this... because it is extremely sad that all these innocent people died because some nutjob easily got a hold of gun to do it.

Acceptable risk

-Geaux

View attachment 158823

How would you prevent someone from getting a gun illegally? You can't it's impossible.

You're right, I mean however does other countries do it, but it is impossible? Please share. I'd love to hear your answers.

View attachment 158823

Definitely. Everyone should hand over their guns and rely on the government to protect them.

Hmmmmm...that is likely what these church goers did.....I wonder how that worked out for them...

NEVER.

Look, another sheep.

NEVER.

I bet you are a lousy chess player. Just sayin'.

Trump doing a press conference from Japan, take a drink every time he says "I."

NEVER.

You'd be wrong. :)

NEVER.

Look, another sheep.

You scare easily no?

-Geaux

View attachment 158823

How would you prevent someone from getting a gun illegally? You can't it's impossible.

You're right, I mean however does other countries do it, but it is impossible? Please share. I'd love to hear your answers.

Yes....tell us how French gun laws stopped terrorists, known terrorists on government terrorist watch lists were able to get fully automatic military rifles in a country where they are completely banned, and used them to murder 142 people...please explain how French gun control worked there...

View attachment 158823

There is always a Black Market for firearms, so yes it is impossible to stop someone from getting a gun, if they want a gun they'll get one.

NEVER.

You'd be wrong. :)

You're inability to see more than one move ahead belies that.

NEVER.

Look, another sheep.

You scare easily no?

-Geaux

Nope... but as an individual I think we as a country should be worried about those in our country that are the most vulnerable.

It is being reported that a local man with his own rifle stopped the shooter.....

Texas Rangers: Armed Citizen ‘Engaged’ Killer, Ending Rampage

oday's mass shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was only halted after an armed Texan "engaged" the killer and put an end to the rampage, the Texas Rangers reported.

Freeman Martin, a major in the Texas Rangers and a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, says the suspect dropped his rifle and fled after being confronted by a local man who had grabbed his rifle.

Freeman provided a timeline of the tragedy in a press briefing Sunday evening.

"At approximately 11:20 this morning a suspect was seen at a Valero gas station in Sutherland Springs, Texas," Martin said. "He was dressed in all black. That suspect crossed the street to the church, exited his vehicle and began firing at the church."

"That suspect then moved to the right side of the church and then continued to fire," he continued. "That suspect entered the church and continued to fire. As he exited the church, a local resident grabbed his rifle and engaged that suspect. The suspect dropped his rifle, which was a Ruger AR assault-type rifle and fled from the church."

"Our local citizen pursued the suspect at that time," Freeman went on. "A short time later as law enforcement responded that suspect right at the Wilson/Guadalupe County line crashed out and was found deceased in his vehicle. At this time we don’t know if it was a self-inflicted gunshot wound or if he was shot by the local resident. We know he’s deceased in the vehicle. "

View attachment 158823

Hmmmmm...that is likely what these church goers did.....I wonder how that worked out for them...

That’s the liberal answer personal safety...but their leaders are protected by men with guns.

They want the protection of having guns. They don’t want you to have them.

Seems very Hitler...who took the guns away from the Germans before his fascist military oppressed the people...that didn’t turn out very well as I recall.

Forum List

Back