More than 20 dead after shooting at Sutherland Springs church

What was he discharged for....?
Notice how the usual gun lover's first response to another horrific slaughter by gun is to defend the 2nd A.; there is not a hint of empathy for those murdered today, last week, last month and in the dozens of senseless crimes where guns take the life of innocents.

It would be nice to be able to take a moment...which I did, off line...moron, but asshats like you come out, before the blood is dry and the bodies are cold and attack the law abiding gun owners and their Right to self defense......

Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals, rapists, robbers, murderers and even like this one, where an armed citizen shot the attacker, in mass shootings....

26 vs. 1,500,000 can you tell which number is bigger?

You don't get it... I've said this a thousand times. I'm no a gun prohibitionist. This is about people being able to get guns like the rifle the shooter used today. It's not about getting rid of ALL guns. Tighter gun control doesn't mean getting rid of ALL guns.

Yes...it does......after every one of these events people like you want to ban that weapon.....and since the Virginia Tech shooter murdered 32 people with pistols...you will call for those to be banned too....once you get rid of rifles...we know how you think and what you want...

Wrong. That's what the NRA an gun manufacturers tell you so that you continue to fight against tighter gun control. Statistics tell you exactly the opposite.

The bodies aren't cold, the blood hasn't dried.....and the gun grabbers are out...

What was that about not politicizing the muslim who ran down 8 people in New York...?

Gun Control Advocates Waste No Time in Calling for More 2A Restrictions After Sutherland Springs Church Shooting - The Truth About Guns

Making sure the anti-gun message got out before the bodies had been removed from First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, the usual anti-gun rights suspects jumped on Twitter to call for the passage of new gun control laws.

Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal tweeted that more restrictions on Americans’ right to keep and bear arms are needed while being sure to use the new preferred term of art for gun control that’s currently favored by the Civilian Disarmament Industrial Complex.

When is the right time to talk about tighter gun control?

I don't like you, I think you are an asshat, you probably think the same of me...

But in all SERIOUSNESS, WHEN is the right time to talk about this issue? If we don't talk about it after things like this happens, then when? When the next mass shooting happens? A week from now? A month from now? If it is during a time when a mass shooting hasn't happened then people like you that think there should be no new gun control laws will just say, "Why do we need them when nothing is happening?"

So when?

I have no trouble talking about it right after....but don't fucking preach to us when a muslim terrorist murders people........

And again, he could have killed just as many with a rental truck.....driving through the crowd as they left the church.....

And what gun control laws do we need...again? It is already against the law to murder 26 people....he could have used pistols, like the Virginia Tech shooter who murdered 32 people......so then you would want those pistols banned too....

And of course there are 16 million semi auto rifles in private hands........they were not used to murder anyone.......

Cars killed 35,000 people in 2015 alone....you don't call for those to be banned...so what is the difference?

Mosquitoes kill more people world wide than any other creature, does that mean we should allow people to own exotic pets like bears and tigers?

Quit brining up car deaths to defend the right to own a rifle like the ones used in many of these mass shootings, it's not relevant.

So many people were killed in this church shooting because they were trapped inside, and it is impossible to know how many people he could have killed using a rental truck. If you want to make up imaginary situations then I could too. I could say that if there were tighter laws that banned ownership of these rifles, NO ONE would have been killed. See how that works? How about we stick to facts?

Last edited:
By doing what exactly? Blaming every mass shooting on the gun and not the gunman?

Mass shootings are not a huge problem with gun control.
Mass shootings are not a huge problem to begin. Unless you count less than one-half of one percent a huge problem. We have bigger problems with out of control college students.

It's not? Go look up what percentage of mass shootings the U.S. has over those in countries in the rest of the world.
Go look up how many people are in the USA vs the number of killed by guns. I could care less about other nations.

I'll give you a hint. It is less than one-half of one percent. In other words, you have less than a 0.005 percent chance of being killed by a gun and if you take the number to just those killed in mass shootings, you have less than 0.001 percent chance. You literally are 99.999% safe from guns.

You don't care about humans in the rest of the world compared to the U.S.?

That's your argument about guns? :rofl:

Hey, that's the liberal argument on women's rights "only women here matter!"

So, by all means, please tell me how you aren't being hypocritical here...

Notice how the usual gun lover's first response to another horrific slaughter by gun is to defend the 2nd A.; there is not a hint of empathy for those murdered today, last week, last month and in the dozens of senseless crimes where guns take the life of innocents.

Tons of empathy for the victims here. May they find peace.

Thank God there was a good guy with a firearm, one that knew how to use it, that prevented more victims.

See, we can entertain more than one thought at a time.

Nice try.

Last edited:
Yes...it does......after every one of these events people like you want to ban that weapon.....and since the Virginia Tech shooter murdered 32 people with pistols...you will call for those to be banned too....once you get rid of rifles...we know how you think and what you want...

Wrong. That's what the NRA an gun manufacturers tell you so that you continue to fight against tighter gun control. Statistics tell you exactly the opposite.

The bodies aren't cold, the blood hasn't dried.....and the gun grabbers are out...

What was that about not politicizing the muslim who ran down 8 people in New York...?

Gun Control Advocates Waste No Time in Calling for More 2A Restrictions After Sutherland Springs Church Shooting - The Truth About Guns

Making sure the anti-gun message got out before the bodies had been removed from First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, the usual anti-gun rights suspects jumped on Twitter to call for the passage of new gun control laws.

Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal tweeted that more restrictions on Americans’ right to keep and bear arms are needed while being sure to use the new preferred term of art for gun control that’s currently favored by the Civilian Disarmament Industrial Complex.

I don't like you, I think you are an asshat, you probably think the same of me...

But in all SERIOUSNESS, WHEN is the right time to talk about this issue? If we don't talk about it after things like this happens, then when? When the next mass shooting happens? A week from now? A month from now? If it is during a time when a mass shooting hasn't happened then people like you that think there should be no new gun control laws will just say, "Why do we need them when nothing is happening?"

So when?

I have no trouble talking about it right after....but don't fucking preach to us when a muslim terrorist murders people........

And again, he could have killed just as many with a rental truck.....driving through the crowd as they left the church.....

And what gun control laws do we need...again? It is already against the law to murder 26 people....he could have used pistols, like the Virginia Tech shooter who murdered 32 people......so then you would want those pistols banned too....

And of course there are 16 million semi auto rifles in private hands........they were not used to murder anyone.......

Cars killed 35,000 people in 2015 alone....you don't call for those to be banned...so what is the difference?

Mosquitoes kill more people world wide than any other, does that mean would should allow people to own exotic pets like bears and tigers?

Quit brining up car deaths to defend the right to own a rifle like the ones used in many of these mass shootings, it's not relevant.

So many people were killed in this church shooting because they were trapped inside, and it is impossible to know how many people he could have killed using a rental truck. If you want to make up imaginary situations then I could too. I could say that if there were tighter laws that banned ownership of these rifles, NO ONE would have been killed. See how that works? How about we stick to facts?

Car deaths....35,000 are relevant...because more people die from those every single year than all mass public shootings combined........especially by rifles....

And we know a rental truck actually did murder 89 people and injured over 450.....more than any mass public shooting in this country, which is why you want to stop talking about it.

I could say that if there were tighter laws that banned ownership of these rifles, NO ONE would have been killed

And you would be stupid for saying that, since the Virginia tech shooter used pistols and murdered 32 people...

Ne'er an ounce of empathy exists in one such as yourself who uses the dead as a tool to push their agenda. Are you being compassionate, or are you being a politically minded opportunist? Your definition of empathy is when someone agrees with you that we need more gun regulations.

Last edited:
They just said he had a Ruger assault rifle.

If a person puts that they care about social issues they are ANTIFA?

Good lord stop the fucking madness! You can't care about people without being ANTIFA?????
Just another fruit cake...as if ANTIFA would target a church. Why is it you all insist that every demon be YOUR personal demon?

My question for the day..a dishonorable discharge carries the same penalties as a felony..that includes the loss of gun rights. So..where did he get his weapon? Was LE aware that he was armed?
This is not a 2nd amendment issue..so calm the f down. This is a convicted criminal with an illegal weapon.
------------------------------------------- why wouldn't 'antifa' target a Church full of Conservative Baptist white people , possible / probable Trump supporters , 'antifa' declared war on Trump and Pense and Americans just yesterday on Nov. 4th EEFleegle ??
---------------------------------------------- but good old 'Evil eyeFleegle' just ignore the question don't EEFleegle ??

Well..as I have a life..not always at the computer.
Hmm..having to parse out your awkward construction..I think you are alluding to some half-baked theory, making the rounds..as to a 'war against whites'?

Well, other than I think the whole idea is bat-shit crazy--and that anyone who seriously ascribes to it..should have THEIR weapons taken away...I cannot think of a reason.

I cannot really get in the head of people who think like that...it is foreign to me. I believe it to be pure-bred stupidity..and I can only hope that people who think like that don't breed..and screw up my gene pool. If I fail to respond to posts such as yours..it's just that I realize that your reality and mine are so far apart..that trying to bridge the gap is fruitless.

Go ahead..do continue without me....

iu

Important thing to know... Texas is a state that doe not require background checks at gun shows.

So....it is illegal for felons to buy, own or carry any gun, no matter how they get it.......had the church not been a gun free zone he could have been stopped earlier......

Was this church a gun free zone?

And did an armed citizen with his own rifle stop the killer...?

So when?

Mosquitoes kill more people world wide than any other, does that mean would should allow people to own exotic pets like bears and tigers?

Car deaths....35,000 are relevant...because more people die from those every single year than all mass public shootings combined........especially by rifles....

And we know a rental truck actually did murder 89 people and injured over 450.....more than any mass public shooting in this country, which is why you want to stop talking about it.

I could say that if there were tighter laws that banned ownership of these rifles, NO ONE would have been killed

And you would be stupid for saying that, since the Virginia tech shooter used pistols and murdered 32 people...

I'll tell you this again, and if it doesn't sink in this time, then I'm done arguing with you because you refuse to use common sense... car deaths ARE NOT relevant to gun violence. Not even close to being relevant... at all. As proof, give me a list of times mass amounts of people were murdered by a car inside a church. I'm just using your reasoning here...

Important thing to know... Texas is a state that doe not require background checks at gun shows.

So....it is illegal for felons to buy, own or carry any gun, no matter how they get it.......had the church not been a gun free zone he could have been stopped earlier......

Who said the church was a gun free zone?

Anyone know if the church was a gun free zone....

And if it is true that an armed citizen, with his own rifle, engaged and shot the killer, how soon will this story be buried by the press...?

The hero citizen will likely be personally attacked by the left. They don’t like people who can protect themselves without the government doing it for them.

The citizen should have called 911 and let the government handle everything.

So when?

I'll tell you this again, and if it doesn't sink in this time, then I'm done arguing with you because you refuse to use common sense... car deaths ARE NOT relevant to gun violence. Not even close to being relevant... at all. As proof, give me a list of times mass amounts of people were murdered by a car inside a church. I'm just using your reasoning here...

Car deaths are completely fucking relevant......more people are killed accidentally with cars....35,000 people every year, the leading cause of death for children........as opposed to mass shooters with guns...

In fact, knives are used to murder over 1,500 people every single year...mass shooters don't even come close...yet you want to use the rarest of these deaths to ban guns for the owners of 600 million guns...

That is why they are relevant....

Texas Church Shooting: More Than Two Dozen Parishioners Killed

The shooter, dressed in all black and wearing tactical gear and a ballistic vest, first began firing outside the church at around 11:20 a.m. local time (12:20 p.m. ET) before he continued his shooting spree inside, said Freeman Martin, a regional director with the Texas Department of Public Safety. He was armed with a "Ruger AR assault-type rifle," he said.

A local citizen confronted the gunman, "grabbed his rifle and engaged that suspect," he said.

"We know the ages range from 5 years old to 72 years of age," Martin said.

The gunman dropped the rifle and then fled the scene with the local citizen in pursuit, he said.

As law enforcement responded, the suspect ran off the road in his car at the Wilson-Guadalupe County line and crashed, Martin said. He suspect was found dead in his vehicle.

"We don't know if this was a self-inflicted gunshot wound or if he was shot by our local resident who engaged him with gunfire," he added.

More than two dozen parishioners killed in rural Texas church shooting

Who said the church was a gun free zone?

Don't know, that is why I keep asking. I also know all of the Catholic Churches in Illinois are gun free zones so this could have happened at any one of those....or mine....

Forum List

Back