More than 20 dead after shooting at Sutherland Springs church

Anyone know if the church was a gun free zone....

And if it is true that an armed citizen, with his own rifle, engaged and shot the killer, how soon will this story be buried by the press...?

The hero citizen will likely be personally attacked by the left. They don’t like people who can protect themselves without the government doing it for them.

The citizen should have called 911 and let the government handle everything.

there was a lefty on here the other day

that would call the good guy with a gun "violent" --LOL

Texas Church Shooting: More Than Two Dozen Parishioners Killed

The shooter, dressed in all black and wearing tactical gear and a ballistic vest, first began firing outside the church at around 11:20 a.m. local time (12:20 p.m. ET) before he continued his shooting spree inside, said Freeman Martin, a regional director with the Texas Department of Public Safety. He was armed with a "Ruger AR assault-type rifle," he said.

A local citizen confronted the gunman, "grabbed his rifle and engaged that suspect," he said.

"We know the ages range from 5 years old to 72 years of age," Martin said.

The gunman dropped the rifle and then fled the scene with the local citizen in pursuit, he said.

As law enforcement responded, the suspect ran off the road in his car at the Wilson-Guadalupe County line and crashed, Martin said. He suspect was found dead in his vehicle.

"We don't know if this was a self-inflicted gunshot wound or if he was shot by our local resident who engaged him with gunfire," he added.

More than two dozen parishioners killed in rural Texas church shooting

I wouldn't trust the reporting on the Ballistic vest......reporters have no clue what they are describing...

Important thing to know... Texas is a state that doe not require background checks at gun shows.

So....it is illegal for felons to buy, own or carry any gun, no matter how they get it.......had the church not been a gun free zone he could have been stopped earlier......

Was this church a gun free zone?

And did an armed citizen with his own rifle stop the killer...?

Who said the church was a gun free zone?

Don't know, that is why I keep asking. I also know all of the Catholic Churches in Illinois are gun free zones so this could have happened at any one of those....or mine....

It's Texas.

Important thing to know... Texas is a state that doe not require background checks at gun shows.

no matter where you are

if you hold a FFL

you are required by law to do a background check

A person can go to a gun show in Texas, lie, and buy a gun because background checks are not required.

Only from a private seller......and even then, if he is prohibited, he is still breaking the law and when caught can be arrested.......and how do you know where he got the gun?

Notice how the usual gun lover's first response to another horrific slaughter by gun is to defend the 2nd A.; there is not a hint of empathy for those murdered today, last week, last month and in the dozens of senseless crimes where guns take the life of innocents.
Acceptable Risk to be Americans

-Geaux

no matter where you are

if you hold a FFL

A person can go to a gun show in Texas, lie, and buy a gun because background checks are not required.

stop lying

if the seller has a FFL at a gun show

he/she has to conduct a background check

that is the law

So....it is illegal for felons to buy, own or carry any gun, no matter how they get it.......had the church not been a gun free zone he could have been stopped earlier......

Was this church a gun free zone?

And did an armed citizen with his own rifle stop the killer...?

Who said the church was a gun free zone?

Don't know, that is why I keep asking. I also know all of the Catholic Churches in Illinois are gun free zones so this could have happened at any one of those....or mine....

It's Texas.

That doesn't mean churches allow guns......except for mass shooters...

no matter where you are

if you hold a FFL

Only from a private seller......and even then, if he is prohibited, he is still breaking the law and when caught can be arrested.......and how do you know where he got the gun?

That's why we need tighter gun laws... if the background checks were mandatory people couldn't simply lie to get one.

no matter where you are

if you hold a FFL

stop lying

that is the law

There are private sellers at gun shows. At gun shows in Texas, background checks are not mandatory. Quit adding stipulations then calling me a liar.

"More than 20 people are dead after a man walked into First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs in Wilson County Sunday morning and opened fire.

"I would say it's up there around 20-plus, I'm not sure," Wilson County Commissioner Paul Pheil said of the number of deceased.

Twenty more were wounded, Pheil told mySA.com.

Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt told The Wilson County News that the shooter has been killed.

Another local official who wished to remain anonymous said there are at least 25 dead and 15 wounded. Eight of the wounded were transported to Brooke Army Medical Center and and seven others to area hospitals.

Wilson County Commissioner Larry Wiley told mySA.com the shooter was a man. Wiley did not know if he was a member of the church. He also said that 24-27 people are dead.

"I am hearing 24-27 are, in fact, dead and I have not heard from anyone the exact number of injured," he said.

At least 10 victims were transported to Connally Memorial Medical Center in Floresville, said spokeswoman Megan Posey. She could not speak to their age or gender, but said there are multiple victims with gunshot wounds, and some have had to be taken by helicopter to a different treatment center."
It is 28 DEAD now,but you Americans don't give a Shit because no matter what happens to the Innocent,you still Love your Guns MORE,so cut the sympathy and grow a backbone.....You are Appauling Got It

no matter where you are

if you hold a FFL

That's why we need tighter gun laws... if the background checks were mandatory people couldn't simply lie to get one.

Moron....criminals get passed current, federally mandated background checks by using someone who can pass the background checks buy the gun for them.........and they could pass a check on a private sale too.....you don't even know how this guy got his gun yet......

No gun law is going to stop these shooters, since the terrorists in France, on government terrorist watch lists, got several, fully automatic military rifles in a country where they are completely banned and illegal.....they don't have gun shows or stores there.........

"More than 20 people are dead after a man walked into First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs in Wilson County Sunday morning and opened fire.

"I would say it's up there around 20-plus, I'm not sure," Wilson County Commissioner Paul Pheil said of the number of deceased.

Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt told The Wilson County News that the shooter has been killed.

Another local official who wished to remain anonymous said there are at least 25 dead and 15 wounded. Eight of the wounded were transported to Brooke Army Medical Center and and seven others to area hospitals.

Wilson County Commissioner Larry Wiley told mySA.com the shooter was a man. Wiley did not know if he was a member of the church. He also said that 24-27 people are dead.

"I am hearing 24-27 are, in fact, dead and I have not heard from anyone the exact number of injured," he said.

At least 10 victims were transported to Connally Memorial Medical Center in Floresville, said spokeswoman Megan Posey. She could not speak to their age or gender, but said there are multiple victims with gunshot wounds, and some have had to be taken by helicopter to a different treatment center."
It is 28 DEAD now,but you Americans don't give a Shit because no matter what happens to the Innocent,you still Love your Guns MORE,so cut the sympathy and grow a backbone.....You are Appauling Got It

Hey...dumb shit....Americans use our guns to stop violent criminals on average 1,500,000 times a year.....

26 dead, vs. 1,500,000 rapes, robberies and murders stopped, including mass shootings....those are lives saved, more than are taken with guns...

Can you tell which number is bigger?

After the Vegas shooting the right were like "meh, we don't need to do anything" and they'll be like this now. In fact 2a guy is already showing how great guns are because some guy with a gun potentially helped to stop the massacre getting worse. However 26 people at least lie dead, and yet they're espousing the benefits of guns in a society where 10,000 people a year are dying.

no matter where you are

if you hold a FFL

stop lying

that is the law

There are private sellers at gun shows. At gun shows in Texas, background checks are not mandatory. Quit adding stipulations then calling me a liar.

All FFL gun sellers must do a federal background check...private sellers cannot sell to felons.....no matter who they are....if they do they are breaking the law and don't care about the consequences.....and the felon already knows they can't buy, own or carry the gun...and if we catch them they go to jail...where people like you then let them back out to commit murder.

Hmm?

Persons with a dishonorable discharge from the armed forces of the US.,
are not allowed to have guns. Did not know that.

Hey...dumb shit....Americans use our guns to stop violent criminals on average 1,500,000 times a year.....

26 dead, vs. 1,500,000 rapes, robberies and murders stopped, including mass shootings....those are lives saved, more than are taken with guns...

A bigger IDIOT COMMENT on here would be hard to find,but by your Gun Toting attitude it is OK to Murder the Innocent,You are an IDIOT

After the Vegas shooting the right were like "meh, we don't need to do anything" and they'll be like this now. In fact 2a guy is already showing how great guns are because some guy with a gun potentially helped to stop the massacre getting worse. However 26 people at least lie dead, and yet they're espousing the benefits of guns in a society where 10,000 people a year are dying.

Wrong...of the 9,616 who were murdered with guns in 2015, 70-80% were criminals engaged in criminal activity or the criminal life style.......so no...you are wrong....

And Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals, rapists, robbers and murderers as well as mass public shooters......

And you want to ignore the fact that this church is likely a gun free zone...the real problem since an armed citizen outside the church drove off the attacker.....

no matter where you are

if you hold a FFL

Moron....criminals get passed current, federally mandated background checks by using someone who can pass the background checks buy the gun for them.........and they could pass a check on a private sale too.....you don't even know how this guy got his gun yet......

No gun law is going to stop these shooters, since the terrorists in France, on government terrorist watch lists, got several, fully automatic military rifles in a country where they are completely banned and illegal.....they don't have gun shows or stores there.........

Moron... just because there is one loophole, doesn't mean you ignore others.

Holy shit... is this how you act in real life? If you find a failure in something you just throw your hands up in the air and yell, "Fuck it all, if one thing doesn't work, no need to try anything else!"

A bigger IDIOT COMMENT on here would be hard to find,but by your Gun Toting attitude it is OK to Murder the Innocent,You are an IDIOT

Fuck twit.......the only ones making it easier to murder innocent people are you and the other gun grabbers who make every foot of public space into gun free zones for good people.......

Forum List

Back