🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mormon Church finally admits Joseph Smith had 40 wives

Fucking lemmings deserve their insecurity, because the roots of their religion are rotten to the core.

I don't care about the roots, I look at the social metrics of Mormons and they're off the charts good compared to other social groups.

I don't care for the Mormon doctrine- but I can't argue with the results.

And among those results are some of the nicest, most honest people I have ever known.

And its not exactly a surprise to anyone that he had multiple wives.......

I wonder how many other similarities Islam and Mormonism share. . .

If Mormons still practiced polygamy and it was legal on religious ground then hell! I'd sign up tomorrow!

In fact all most all his other wives never had sex with him.

Nope. Not true, according to the essays released today.

Also, one of them was 14 years old, which would put him in the category of a child abuser, at best. Also, many were married to other men, as well, which makes him a bigamist.

But, the real fault was not so much with Smith. It was his followers that made him a god.

Also, one of them was 14 years old, which would put him in the category of a child abuser, at best. Also, many were married to other men, as well, which makes him a bigamist.

But, the real fault was not so much with Smith. It was his followers that made him a god.
You understand that in the 1800's that men and women were married as young as 14 all the time right?

My Dad is high up in the Mormon Church and attends Temple in the So Cal area with his wife. I think he calls himself a "High Priest"? They believe in Mormon Jesus and his brother Lucifer. They believe they're gonna' become Gods and have endless Celestial Sex and populate the Earth with their offspring.

I showed this to my Dad a few years ago and he said this is what many in the Church still believe:

I'd sooner convert to Islam, and that's NEVER gonna' happen.

crazy to think he lived the principle he taught and the church has published in the scriptures for over a century

The announcement will not affect the church's followers much if at all.

I do wish the LDS church would emphasize moral agency as opposed to rigid obedience when discussing JS and his sexuality..

Mormons were all in everyone's grill about same-sex marriage, but they are completely AWOL on the abortion issue.

You understand that in the 1800's that men and women were married as young as 14 all the time right?
Are you saying that just because in the 1800's adult men married young female children that makes it right?

It is not child abuse to marry a 14-year-old, when that is the normal marriageable age. What's wrong is that Joseph Smith ran a cult, and he used his influence within the cult to seduce women who saw him as a holy prophet.

It is not child abuse to marry a 14-year-old, when that is the normal marriageable age. What's wrong is that Joseph Smith ran a cult, and he used his influence within the cult to seduce women who saw him as a holy prophet.

That is a fair enough assessment. I can agree with that.

Most of the Mormons I have known "go along to get along" without getting into these pesky details.

Forum List

Back