Mormon Church finally admits Joseph Smith had 40 wives

My theory is that most of the leaders of the Mormon Church know it's all a lie and keep up pretences to avoid collapsing the church. I can't imagine anyone who has done any in-depth research on Mormonism could really believe in it, once they have all the facts.

Blackrook, no church, no fraternal organization, no philosophical group stands up to scrutiny.

Neither do individuals, including you.

Prophets
As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are blessed to be led by living prophets—inspired men called to speak for the Lord, as did Moses, Isaiah, Peter, Paul, Nephi, Mormon, and other prophets of the scriptures. We sustain the President of the Church as prophet, seer, and revelator—the only person on the earth who receives revelation to guide the entire Church. We also sustain the counselors in the First Presidency and the members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles as prophets, seers, and revelators.

Additional Information
Like the prophets of old, prophets today testify of Jesus Christ and teach His gospel. They make known God's will and true character. They speak boldly and clearly, denouncing sin and warning of its consequences. At times, they may be inspired to prophesy of future events for our benefit.

We can always trust the living prophets. Their teachings reflect the will of the Lord, who declared: “What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same” (D&C 1:38).

Our greatest safety lies in strictly following the word of the Lord given through His prophets, particularly the current President of the Church. The Lord warns that those who ignore the words of the living prophets will fall (see D&C 1:14-16). He promises great blessings to those who follow the President of the Church:

“Thou shalt give heed unto all his words and commandments which he shall give unto you as he receiveth them, walking in all holiness before me;

Prophets

The Mormon Church teaches that its leaders are living prophets, and are actually given direct instructions by God.

The prophets obviously know this to be a lie. They do not hear God talking to them, and they know it.

So at what point in a man's rise in the Church is he told the truth, that the entire Mormon religion is a hoax?

Do the bishops know? Do the ward leaders?

THE FACTS are he is no prophet. He was wrong many times. Look it up for yourself.

Having attended many denominations over the years as a friend and in good community interest, the fact is simple that Mormons are better Christians as a group than any other sect, maybe excepting the Pentecostals, who are just the weirdest.

And the atheists are the ultimate cowards, bar none.

I don't normally disagree with you, Jake, but your post is putting an unnecessarily emotional spin on what has otherwise been a discussion without personal insults. As an atheist, I find your post to be just that.

There have been many insults and outright lies in this thread. I have no use for atheism, for it is a faith, but those who follow it will not admit it.

Some of you are insulting RGS, yet can't defend your own beliefs. Ninja's literalist heresy is not the least of these nonsense attacks.

The advice best for all of you is simply walk away.

Yeah, there was racism, representative of the rest of white America for a long time.

The LDS church put it away almost forty years ago.

But we some attackers here was are racists, sexists, religionists.

Best walk away, folks.

Yeah, there was racism, representative of the rest of white America for a long time.

Best walk away, folks.
Blacks were considered cursed by God and so could not hold office in the Church. That is not racism.

Best walk away, folks.
Blacks were considered cursed by God and so could not hold office in the Church. That is not racism.
And it was all conveniently changed when a prophet decided it wasn't true any more.

THE FACTS are he is no prophet. He was wrong many times. Look it up for yourself.
and your church is still false no matter what Mormon's believe

John Darby and Margaret McDonald were false teachers

Last edited:

Best walk away, folks.
And it was all conveniently changed when a prophet decided it wasn't true any more.
A prophet receives divine knowledge directly from God. God commanded it stop and that blacks be admitted to the Priesthood. Pretty simple concept really.

There have been many insults and outright lies in this thread. I have no use for atheism, for it is a faith, but those who follow it will not admit it.

Some of you are insulting RGS, yet can't defend your own beliefs. Ninja's literalist heresy is not the least of these nonsense attacks.

The advice best for all of you is simply walk away.

I'm not insulting anyone, Jake. I am expressing my opinion on a religious institution. If anyone finds that offensive, I suggest that they go to church and be part of the choir to which the church bigwigs preach. That way, they will not be exposed to differing opinions.

As for atheism, there is a difference between finding fault with that belief system, as opposed to calling atheists, "Cowards".

Last edited:

Best walk away, folks.
A prophet receives divine knowledge directly from God. God commanded it stop and that blacks be admitted to the Priesthood. Pretty simple concept really.
I cannot read your mind, so I do not know if you really believe this.

Best walk away, folks.
You even called him a prophet, do you know what a prophet is?

Best walk away, folks.
I know what a prophet is. I do not believe the leaders of your church are really prophets.

I know what a prophet is. I do not believe the leaders of your church are really prophets.
And I and the rest of the faithful Mormons DO believe it. So your claiming otherwise has no meaning to us.

Forum List

Back