🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mormon Church finally admits Joseph Smith had 40 wives

A man with a highly libidinous appetite who is sleeping with other men's wives, (breaking a commandment left and right), and who tells young women they are commanded by God to be his wife - and must decide within 24 hours, or be damned - "the gate is closed" -- is doing something you'd find repugnant, if it were not your "prophet" you think so pure.

David Koresh convinced young girls to have sex with him also on command of God. Megalomaniacs and powerful men learned long ago religion can be used to gain much earthly treasure.
and whether or not the mormons like it, the two (koresh and smith) are very comparable.

one said he was Christ. The other a servant of Christ.

one collected weapons to fight the government, the other taught against coercion in favor of persuasion.

one hunkered down in a compound to avoid being arrested. The other submitted to trumped up charges.

one kept his community isolated, the other sent them into the world to preach.

I know you think all religions are the same, but come on.

Both were snake oil salesmen, delusional/schitzophrenic, or both.
Both were horny perverts.
Both posessed the ability to brainwash gullible masses.
Both ignored the fact that children aren't old enough to decide on things of an adult nature, and perverted the childhoods of said children.

well it must be true if you said it. I'm sure we should all just ignore the fact that you don't know a thing about him and refuse to learn about him.

meanwhile I like to know about people and things. So I'll study a bit about something before making a decision about it. I find that making a decision about something before I've studied it prevents me from learning.

I sincerely hope one day you will actually look into the matter and study it out. It will surprise you to find out that so much of what you think you know is wrong.

A man with a highly libidinous appetite who is sleeping with other men's wives, (breaking a commandment left and right), and who tells young women they are commanded by God to be his wife - and must decide within 24 hours, or be damned - "the gate is closed" -- is doing something you'd find repugnant, if it were not your "prophet" you think so pure.

David Koresh convinced young girls to have sex with him also on command of God. Megalomaniacs and powerful men learned long ago religion can be used to gain much earthly treasure.
and whether or not the mormons like it, the two (koresh and smith) are very comparable.

one collected weapons to fight the government, the other taught against coercion in favor of persuasion.

one hunkered down in a compound to avoid being arrested. The other submitted to trumped up charges.

Both ignored the fact that children aren't old enough to decide on things of an adult nature, and perverted the childhoods of said children.

well it must be true if you said it. I'm sure we should all just ignore the fact that you don't know a thing about him and refuse to learn about him.

meanwhile I like to know about people and things. So I'll study a bit about something before making a decision about it. I find that making a decision about something before I've studied it prevents me from learning.

I sincerely hope one day you will actually look into the matter and study it out. It will surprise you to find out that so much of what you think you know is wrong.
I have studied him, bud.

Married a 14yr old? Church admits it.
Polygamist? Church admits it.
Admitted to his charges in Court. HE* admits it.

Sorry, but he's a pervert and a snake oil salesman. Marrying a 14yr old no matter how his fanboys try to paint a rosey picture of it is WRONG.

Few questions you need to check yourself about. Feel free to ignore responding to them because you necessarily must, because they paint your worldview into its appropriate corner where you're then unable to self-talk your way out of it:

Is marrying 14yr olds ok, or is it not ok?
Is polygamy ok, or is it not ok?
Is a Godly religion that denigrates blacks really godly? Doesn't it smell just a little bit that it took over 100 years to self-correct this little snafu, magically aligning with the time society no longer accepted said discrimination>? How do you not scratch your head over where god was at on this issue in the 1800's? Weird.

Duck em all. You will.

"I Will Be a Second Mohammed" - General Smith

smithsword.jpg

If the people [of Missouri] come on us to molest us, we will establish our religion by the sword.

We will trample down our enemies and make it one gore of blood from the Rocky Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean. I will be to this generation a second Mohammed, whose motto in treating for peace was ‘the Quran or the Sword.’ So shall it eventually be with us
– Joseph Smith or the Sword"
– History of the Church, Vol. 3, p. 167.

Avatar will do her apologetics and say he never made the statement, even though it was attested in signed, legal records by many who heard him say it...
And we do know...violence is a historical part of their religion.

Avatar is compelled to defend it because if true, her patriarchal mythology doesn't look so well either

Hey, did ya'll know Smith was campaigning for President of the United States at the time he was killed in the Jail?

Why was he in the jail?

He ordered the destruction of the Printing presses in Nauvoo, Ill - and called for Martial Law.

Because they printed words critical of General Joseph Smith and that he might be a -- heaven forfend! Polygamist!

DESTROY! Those printing presses! Said Joseph....and so began the end of his campaign.

And his profit....I mean, the Prophet.

So, has anyone explained how Smith marrying already married women isn't adultery?

There is no evidence that Smith OR Koresch did anything of the sort.

Hey, did ya'll know Smith was campaigning for President of the United States at the time he was killed in the Jail?

Why was he in the jail?

He ordered the destruction of the Printing presses in Nauvoo, Ill - and called for Martial Law.

Because they printed words critical of General Joseph Smith and that he might be a -- heaven forfend! Polygamist!

DESTROY! Those printing presses! Said Joseph....and so began the end of his campaign.

And his profit....I mean, the Prophet.

Luckily for us, the prophets no longer have the power or authority to destroy printing presses any time theppppppppppcnwlwldoloi0s-[s;kukem......'c';;

There is plenty of evidence for both, old man.

I've already supplied some for Smith -- you can readily find more yourself.

That you don't know Koresh himself acknowledged he fathered more than 12 children by several "wives" who were as young as 12 years old just tells us how little you know -- or care to know before you shoot your mouth off.

That you don't know Koresh himself acknowledged he fathered more than 12 children by several "wives" who were as young as 12 years old just tells us how little you know -- or care to know before you shoot your mouth off.
Wrong, the local sheriff investigated several times on supposed claims and never found anything and the FBI only made the claim in the last days of the siege when they needed an excuse to murder all those children. And there is nothing on Smith at all. Once again for the slow and stupid 14 in the early 1800's routinely married.

Wrong, the local sheriff investigated several times on supposed claims and never found anything and the FBI only made the claim in the last days of the siege when they needed an excuse to murder all those children. And there is nothing on Smith at all. Once again for the slow and stupid 14 in the early 1800's routinely married.

You don't appear to be the least bit acquainted with the facts, nor read the Burton report, nor saw the many investigations, or congressional hearings on Koresh. Nor the survivors who spoke out, nor the testimony, nor the DNA results...

"In his book, James Tabor states that Koresh acknowledged on a videotape sent out of the compound during the standoff that he had fathered more than 12 children by several "wives", some of whom were as young as 12 or 13 when they became pregnant. DNA testing of the women and children in the video who died in the subsequent fire confirmed that the children were his. " David Koresh Murderpedia the encyclopedia of murderers

But you keep being an apologist for child molesters..., if you must.

Forum List

Back