Zone1 Mormons are fine, but I have to call BS on the golden plates story.

Joseph Smith was just a con artist.

Maybe so. Thats what I always thought until I wondered if he saw something yet to come. If thats the case I can't really dismiss the possibility that he wasn't just a con. Many biblical characters did some screwed up things, probably because they were touched by God, including Jesus who lived in the wilderness among the wild beasts presumably doing what wild beasts do in the wilderness.

and yet before the fed raid and murder of the children no law emforcement ever found anything to support your or their claims

There was plenty of testimony before the siege. What's your interest in defending Koresh?

and yet before the fed raid and murder of the children no law emforcement ever found anything to support your or their claims

There was plenty of testimony before the siege. What's your interest in defend
there was no testimony in a criminal case anywhere against Koresh I am interested in the truth not lies to cover up the fact the Government murdered those children.

Koresh before the siege.

I don't RetiredGunnerySgt supports Koresh at all.

He just is not up to date on Koresh and abuse of women and girls anymore than he is on Joseph Smith as a boinker.

He is not alone that way.

I don't RetiredGunnerySgt supports Koresh at all.

He just is not up to date on Koresh and abuse of women and girls anymore than he is on Joseph Smith as a boinker.

He is not alone that way.

Pft. Maybe he was an abuser and maybe he was a boinker too and maybe he was insane but how does that justify the approach to arresting him where the women and children he abused died?

They couldn't wait until he was alone at a store or something, away from where they were living?

WTF. A theatrical standoff blaring music and then storming the place as if it was d day? Seriously?

Pft. Maybe he was an abuser and maybe he was a boinker too and maybe he was insane but how does that justify the approach to arresting him where the women and children he abused died?

They couldn't wait until he was alone at a store or something, away from where they were living?

WTF. A theatrical standoff blaring music and then storming the place as if it was d day? Seriously?
You ae 100% on track. The authorities could have grabbed in downtown Waco half a dozen times in months leading to the stand off.

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Waco_siege

Waco siege - Wikipedia

The fire and the reaction to the final attack within the group resulted in the deaths of 76 Branch Davidians, including 25 children, two pregnant women, and David Koresh. [14] [15] In total, the 51-day siege resulted in the deaths of four federal agents and 82 Branch Davidians, 28 of whom were children.

There is nothing in your comment but unproven assertions. There is no evidence that the manuscript from which Joseph Smith claimed to translate the Book of Abraham was written by Abraham "in his own write," or that it ever mentioned Abraham.

When I learned about the Book of Abraham and the discovery of the manuscript I still thought Mormonism might be true. I asked the Mormon missionaries who were proselytizing me for more information. They gave me a long article by Hugh Nimbly, who as you should know is a Mormon linguist who knew a number of ancient langues, including ancient Egyptian.

I expected Professor Nimbly to be exultant about the finding of the manuscript, saying, "This proves that we had been right all along."

Instead his article exuded an ominous tone. He wrote of "the problem of the Book of Abraham." That led me to suspect that the manuscript showed him what he did not want to find.

That was when I went to a public library and checked out a book with photos of the Book of the Dead and the English translation. That was when I learned that Joseph Smith's manuscript was part of the Book of the Dead,

I suspect that Hugh Nimbly learned what I discovered, but he lied in order to keep his teaching position, and his position of prestige in the Mormon church.

The Mormon missionaries who proselytized me wanted me to be carried along by a lot of emotion. I examined the claims of Mormonism dispassionately, looking for evidence.
There is nothing in your comments that are proven. So, you are at an fork in the road. Ether accept God's ways or man's ways and live your life accordingly with the understanding you will be judged on this. You have been given opportunities to accept the Gospel and have rejected the ministers of Christ and the writings of Almighty God.
It's not Hugh Nimbly. It's Hugh Nibley. He didn't lie about anything. He has his opinions on his own research. And, since you refuse to look and read the evidence we have provided you, you are not looking for evidence with a mind single to the glory of God. Instead, you look with a double mind.

I am not sure when the Book of the Dead was first known about. Copies had existed for over two thousand years. Joseph Smith bought one of those copies and pretended to translate from it to the Book of Abraham.
I've already shown you that the Book of the Dead was uncovered in 1842. " Karl Richard Lepsius coined the name Book of the Dead in 1842 after translating one such text. The best known example to date is the Papyrus of Ani, discovered in Luxor in 1888 and now housed in the British Museum. But such finds are increasingly rare." - Archaeologists discovered a new papyrus of Egyptian Book of the Dead.

No question they got it horribly wrong
, but that doesn't change what Koresh did.

What matters is that there is no mention of Abraham in the manuscript from which Joseph Smith claimed to translate the Book of Abraham. Consequently, the Book of Abraham is a fraud.
You are just the dumbest person I've met in here. There are only fragments left of the papyri after the fire. Want to enter the land of intelligence, logic and reaoning?

You are just the dumbest person I've met in here. There are only fragments left of the papyri after the fire. Want to enter the land of intelligence, logic and reaoning?
You do not prove that by asserting that. I exposed the fraud of the Book of Abraham by myself before I learned that experts on the ancient Egyptians had reached my conclusions.

We know from the Bible that plural marriage was at one time sanctioned by God. Faithful prophets of old married more than one wife.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe that having only one wife is the general law of marriage unless God commands otherwise. We believe that God commanded Joseph Smith to practice the law of plural marriage.

My personal belief is that plural marriage was part of the restitution of all things spoken of by the prophets of old. In the New Testament we read:

Acts 3:20-21
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Here it is prophesied that Jesus, after his death and resurrection, was prophesied that he would again be sent among us. However, he would remain in heaven until the time of the restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. One of those things which God had spoken by the mouth of his prophets was the law of plural marriage. Many Old Testament prophets lived by the law of plural marriage and this was sanctioned by God. We believe that the prophet Joseph Smith opened the time of the restitution of all things or in other words the dispensation of the fulness of times (see Ephesians 1:10). I believe that God felt that the law of plural marriage was one of those things that was to have restitution or restoration. Thus he commanded Joseph Smith to abide by this law.

For a detailed look at the wives of Joseph Smith and the research done by the church see:

Joseph Smith and Plural Marriage (Polygamy)

Forum List

Back