Mosque shooting in New Zealand

Apparently, gun control doesn't work in New Zealand......they have had a mass public shooting against two Mosques. The shooter....who had a gun.......may have killed 49 people....... but this isn't possible, because they have gun control in New Zealand...so initial reports are likely wrong....

And, of course, the sites were gun free zones....right?

And before the anti-gunners start......I used to wait to comment on these attacks....until the anti-gunners would be the first on the scene, walking through the blood, dragging the bodies to the nearest camera calling for taking guns away from the very people who could have stopped the attack...

Christchurch shooting: 49 dead in terror attack at two mosques – live updates

• Forty-nine people have been killed in shootings at two mosques in the New Zealand city of Christchurch. They included 41 people killed at the Deans Avenue mosque and seven at Linwood mosque. Another victim died later in Christchurch hospital.
Do tell us about their gun control.

... Gun Control doesn't prevent criminals from picking up weapons ...

I do not know why so many US-Americans are often so unbelievable irreal. All German policemen together (about 240,000) have to shoot every year in average less then 100 times (including warning shots) and they kill every year in average less then 10 persons. In total die in Germany about 50 people beause of firearms. In the USA every year die more than 30,000 people because of firemarms.

So compared with New Zealand would die every year about 470 persons becasuof firearms, if the people in New Zealand would be people of the USA and it would die every year 3 people in New Zealand, if it would be people from Germany.

But this helps the peole in New Zwealnd now abaosötzelel ynoithuign. It is a titanic shock for the poor people there now. What had happened there remembers me to the massacre of Anders Behring Breivick in Utoya. And it makes all believers in god - also all Christians - speechless how it can happen that poiel are eoxatuignf at all who are not shy to murder praying people who visit a house of god.

Are you using Google Translate? Or Babel Fish or sump'm?

I like "firemarms" though. That one's got possimibilities.

I had no problem with his last paragraph. Considering a lot of the stuff I've been hearing here today, I kinda welcome this poster's words, even if they aren't perfect English.

I had to slam on the brakes at "abaosötzelel ynoithuign". And of course "Utoya" which as we all know is just west of Sweden. Just wondering how that happens. I'd be interested to know what language he's posting from.

Well, I put "abaosötzelel ynoithuign" in Google translate and it came up with nothin.' No language Google knows. Maybe this poster is a Crixus in his/her language, too.

Again, you're lying. The nation had lax gun control laws.
Lax guns laws?
Mandatory may-issue licensing that requires a "good reason" for gun ownership, mandatory storage requirements, full registration of all firearms, complete ban on magazines, internal or external, that exceed 7 rounds...?
Lax gun laws?
:lol:

Last edited:

I do not know why so many US-Americans are often so unbelievable irreal. All German policemen together (about 240,000) have to shoot every year in average less then 100 times (including warning shots) and they kill every year in average less then 10 persons. In total die in Germany about 50 people beause of firearms. In the USA every year die more than 30,000 people because of firemarms.

So compared with New Zealand would die every year about 470 persons becasuof firearms, if the people in New Zealand would be people of the USA and it would die every year 3 people in New Zealand, if it would be people from Germany.

But this helps the peole in New Zwealnd now abaosötzelel ynoithuign. It is a titanic shock for the poor people there now. What had happened there remembers me to the massacre of Anders Behring Breivick in Utoya. And it makes all believers in god - also all Christians - speechless how it can happen that poiel are eoxatuignf at all who are not shy to murder praying people who visit a house of god.

I need time to think. US-Americans don't need time to think. Read again.

AhA! A Clue. "US Americans". You're from South Carolina.

I had no problem with his last paragraph. Considering a lot of the stuff I've been hearing here today, I kinda welcome this poster's words, even if they aren't perfect English.

I had to slam on the brakes at "abaosötzelel ynoithuign". And of course "Utoya" which as we all know is just west of Sweden. Just wondering how that happens. I'd be interested to know what language he's posting from.

Well, I put "abaosötzelel ynoithuign" in Google translate and it came up with nothin.' No language Google knows. Maybe this poster is a Crixus in his/her language, too.

I'm gonna be working on the pronunciation of that all the way home today. :)

I wonder if he's transliterating from Cyrilic.

Have to agree with M14 here. Laws trail events; they don't lead them. We have so much gun violence in this country because we have a gun-fetish culture. Laws really don't affect that.
Laws strictly regulating handguns and assault style rifles would reduce firearm homicide rates.

Lax guns laws?
Mandatory may-issue licensing that requires a "good reason" for gun ownership, full registration of all firearms, complete ban on magazines, internal or external, that exceed 7 rounds...?
Lax gun laws?
I hope your not making that up about NZ.
Gun laws in New Zealand - Wikipedia
I don’t see a complete ban on magazines....

You cannot prove this to be true.
What you really mean is that you'll dismiss out of hand all data which evidences this.

Results. Gun ownership was a significant predictor of firearm homicide rates (incidence rate ratio = 1.009; 95% confidence interval = 1.004, 1.014). This model indicated that for each percentage point increase in gun ownership, the firearm homicide rate increased by 0.9%.

Conclusions. We observed a robust correlation between higher levels of gun ownership and higher firearm homicide rates. Although we could not determine causation, we found that states with higher rates of gun ownership had disproportionately large numbers of deaths from firearm-related homicides.
The Relationship Between Gun Ownership and Firearm Homicide Rates in the United States, 1981–2010

Hypocrisy, in all its splendor, CNN talk about the fact that Muslims are hated by whites but all the terrorist attacks that were made by them Muslims against westerners is never serious. Pff what asshole world we live in today.

Muslim is not a "race" and they sometimes do allow whites to join. The shoe bomber and Cat Stevens are both Honky muslims.
Yes, i know is not a race, CNN is saying Anti-muslim is all around us.
CNN supports Ilhan's antisemitism. She beat up on her fellow newbie, AOC, saying she sold herself out to Jews after failing to apologize for her anti-Semitic lashings-out from a week or so ago..

Prove it.
Assault style rifles and handguns are much more easily accessible under US firearm laws.
This does not in any way prove your claim, that the US sees more mass shootings because of its gun laws.
To prove your claim you have to show the guns laws are the only reason for the number of shootings, and that no other cause contributes to same.
Try again.

What you really mean is that you'll dismiss out of hand all data which evidences this
Conclusions. We observed a robust correlation between higher levels of gun ownership and higher firearm homicide rates. Although we could not determine causation, we found that states with higher rates of gun ownership had disproportionately large numbers of deaths from firearm-related homicides.
The Relationship Between Gun Ownership and Firearm Homicide Rates in the United States, 1981–2010
Post hoc fallacy -- Correlation does not prove causation.
You cannot show that laws strictly regulating handguns and assault style rifles would reduce firearm homicide rates.

Lax guns laws?
Mandatory may-issue licensing that requires a "good reason" for gun ownership, full registration of all firearms, complete ban on magazines, internal or external, that exceed 7 rounds...?
Lax gun laws?
I'm sorry:
  • A magazine that holds more than 7 rounds; magazines holding up to 10 rounds may be modified to carry 7 rounds. The limit on rimfire is 15 rounds per magazine.
  • A detachable magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, excepting rimfire magazines, which may carry 15 rounds.
This creates a 'military style semi-automatic', which requires a special special endorsement to an existing license.

Lax guns laws?
Lax gun laws?
I'm sorry:
  • A magazine that holds more than 7 rounds; magazines holding up to 10 rounds may be modified to carry 7 rounds. The limit on rimfire is 15 rounds per magazine.
  • A detachable magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, excepting rimfire magazines, which may carry 15 rounds.
This creates a 'military style semi-automatic', which requires a special special endorsement to an existing license.
That is far from a complete ban. They seem pretty liberal in handing out licenses.

The year before, of the 43,509 who people applied for firearms licences, 43,321 were granted them.

What are New Zealand's gun laws?

NZ has let it all out. In Vegas, our government covered up the motivation.

-Geaux
Why did that white male gun nut shoot those country music fans?
Yeah, why did that Vegas gun nut select Trump loving conservatives?
If he shot up a rap concert you still wouldnt accept him as one of yours.

We don’t hate jews the alt right does.

If it sounds like a duck and walks like a duck...

Loved guns, white, had money, male. Sounds like a con to me
The Left doesn’t hate Jews?

In what alternate universe?

Forum List

Back