Most anticipated movie of 2021 ???

The trailer look good but I will wait on the reviews !
You have a great director

Dune looks very good , the trailer
Same director who was terrific with 2017, Blade runner 2049

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but 'Blade Runner 2049' was NOT a good movie and an even worse sequel to the original classic.

It did nothing to add to the original, which really did not require a sequel. A better use of the franchise would have been a prequel to tell the story about how the world of 'Blade Runner' came about. The origins of the Tyrell Corporation and maybe even explore the connection between the world of 'Blade Runner' and the world of 'Alien'.

As for YADR 2021 (Yet Another Dune Remake), I don't expect much. The novel 'Dune' is a rich, complex, multi-faceted, narrative, that is ultimately un-filmable. Any attempt to include the entire story would be too long and confusing, any attempt to edit it would be disappointing.
Dune will be 2 movies

Peter Jackson took three movies to do 'LOTR' and it is, arguably, a much less complex narrative.

Did he do 2 or 3 movies for the Hobbit? Those movies were unwatchable....the book was a great read for a kid....the movies were horrible. The dragon was good though...

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but 'Blade Runner 2049' was NOT a good movie and an even worse sequel to the original classic.

It did nothing to add to the original, which really did not require a sequel. A better use of the franchise would have been a prequel to tell the story about how the world of 'Blade Runner' came about. The origins of the Tyrell Corporation and maybe even explore the connection between the world of 'Blade Runner' and the world of 'Alien'.

As for YADR 2021 (Yet Another Dune Remake), I don't expect much. The novel 'Dune' is a rich, complex, multi-faceted, narrative, that is ultimately un-filmable. Any attempt to include the entire story would be too long and confusing, any attempt to edit it would be disappointing.
Dune will be 2 movies

Peter Jackson took three movies to do 'LOTR' and it is, arguably, a much less complex narrative.

Did he do 2 or 3 movies for the Hobbit? Those movies were unwatchable....the book was a great read for a kid....the movies were horrible. The dragon was good though...
Yes the hobbit was utter crap and it was 3 movies
Only the dragon scenes and the main actor was good
I had to quit on the 3rd one as it was as bad as any movie ever made

Dune will be 2 movies

Yeah...very disappointing......it was my favorite book as a kid......The Lord of the Rings books were really boring, and except for the Moria and Helms Deep parts they were a real slog to get through...the Hobbit was perfect.

Peter Jackson only had a few months to prepare to make the Hobbit and it really shows . He had a few years on LOTR .
He was replaced at the last second in hobbit and he said he had to “ wing the entire movie in a mad rush “

Dune will be 2 movies

Yeah...very disappointing......it was my favorite book as a kid......The Lord of the Rings books were really boring, and except for the Moria and Helms Deep parts they were a real slog to get through...the Hobbit was perfect.
The simillarion was his best work and many good guys actually die

I was looking forward to the Top Gun sequel, but changed my mind ofter hearing that outburst from Tom Cruise over coronavirus.

Plus, that chick they gave the female role to is no Charlie. Not even close. They need to bring back 80s chicks into society, the modern generation are just so boring and bleh.

Forum List

Back