Most dangerous states

LN, what exactly is the plan for getting guns out of the hands of CRIMINALS and not the hands of the LAWFUL?

I carry a firearm not out of fear of the lawful, but for protection from the criminal.

You mistake his intent. LN's idea is to disarm everyone.

That could work...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljjRZe6g5EM]Reservoir Dogs Mexican Standoff - YouTube[/ame]

great clip.

I am with the dude under the ramp, tellin ya

LN, what exactly is the plan for getting guns out of the hands of CRIMINALS and not the hands of the LAWFUL?

I carry a firearm not out of fear of the lawful, but for protection from the criminal.

The idea that no solution to gun violence exists, and in this lies their strength.

Who benefits ? Follow the money!

Just to put it into perspective that even the anti gun crowd can follow, compare the national numbers for mass shootings by strangers with Chicago's gun murders.

In 7 years, 2007 thru 2013, there were 558 murders in mass shootings that were not people killing family members. In the same time period, there were 3,222 gun related murders in Chicago.

So one city has 5.8 times as many gun murders as the entire nation has mass shootings by strangers.

And THIS is the priority?

The only way to explain that is the fear mongering by the media and the anti-gun crowd.

This fixation with mass shootings amazes me.

They account for around 1% of the murders every year, and yet they are the focus of most of the gun control attempts.

Why? Because these shootings get the white-bread wealthy people and make ordinary citizens feel unsafe. Can't have that.

As long as the sheeple think they are safe if they stay out of the ghettos, no gun control legislation will pass. That is why they ignore 99% of the gun related murders.

But let the masses think that going to the mall or a movie theater is dangerous and the 2nd Amendment goes out the window.

If you take the annual averages of 11k gun murders and 19k gun suicides, the 100 mass shootings doesn't seem so bad.

Since January 2009 there have been around 60,000 gun related murders.

Since January 2009 there have been around 104,500 gun related suicides.

Also, I noticed that the link used mostly percentages to make their point. "63% more deaths!" So the numbers could actually be low, compared to other violent crimes, but the 63% increase sounds ominous. If a city had 5 murders one year, and 8 the next, that is a 60% increase. But for a large city it is a ridiculously low number.

Most of those suicides are white guys in Red States. I've posted those statistics before. Perhaps they realize what their party has done to the country and how it ruined their lives. No one kills themselves for fun.

Which Is the Most Dangerous State? An Interactive Map | Rolling Stone

Interactive map of the US, showing where the most shootings are as opposed to gun laws.

Interesting.

What a stupid study.

What is their metric for 'gun prevalence'?

Why do they list total gun deaths since that immediately makes high population states look like shoot 'em up capitals?

Are there really 15-25,000 gun deaths in the red states?

lol, pathetically bad and just more pointless anti-gun bullshyte

They account for around 1% of the murders every year, and yet they are the focus of most of the gun control attempts.

Why? Because these shootings get the white-bread wealthy people and make ordinary citizens feel unsafe. Can't have that.

As long as the sheeple think they are safe if they stay out of the ghettos, no gun control legislation will pass. That is why they ignore 99% of the gun related murders.

But let the masses think that going to the mall or a movie theater is dangerous and the 2nd Amendment goes out the window.

If you take the annual averages of 11k gun murders and 19k gun suicides, the 100 mass shootings doesn't seem so bad.

Also, I noticed that the link used mostly percentages to make their point. "63% more deaths!" So the numbers could actually be low, compared to other violent crimes, but the 63% increase sounds ominous. If a city had 5 murders one year, and 8 the next, that is a 60% increase. But for a large city it is a ridiculously low number.

Most of those suicides are white guys in Red States. I've posted those statistics before. Perhaps they realize what their party has done to the country and how it ruined their lives. No one kills themselves for fun.

lol, libtards just cannot avoid bringing race into EVERY discussion, roflmao

libtards are racists to the core of their psyche

The idea that no solution to gun violence exists, and in this lies their strength.

WE THE PEOPLE benefit when we can shoot back at Mayor Daleys leg breakers and other Dimbocraps shylocks.

Go fuck yourself

"Most shootings"? What exactly does that mean? Accidental shootings? Self defense? Or does it mean murders? Regardless of Rolling Stone's opinion we all know the mean streets of Barry Hussein's adopted home town are the most dangerous. When Rolling Stone calls for the indictment of the A.G. for his role in gun running and the murders of two Border Patrol officers and a couple of hundred innocent Mex. citizens we will know they are serious about gun violence.

Regardless of Rolling Stone's opinion we all know the mean streets of Barry Hussein's adopted home town are the most dangerous.

Add in deaths by unarmed physical violence, knifings, vehicular homocides, then "list".

Yeah,......sure,........uh uh!!

WE THE PEOPLE benefit when we can shoot back at Mayor Daleys leg breakers and other Dimbocraps shylocks.

Go fuck yourself

See, someone like you should never own, possess or have in their custody or control a firearm. Telling someone to "go fuck yourself", simply because my thoughtful opinions challenge your emotions, is a sign of pathological anger. When that anger reaches rage, we see the mass murder of strangers.

We don't have a gun problem, we have a mental health problem as can be seen by some of the international gun studies on murder. Until we can figure out how to protect the civil rights of every potential gun owner, a rational policy is to make every person who wants to own, possess, etc. a gun to be licensed, said license to be denied, suspended or revoked for antisocial behaviors (DUI, DV, Battery, Terrorist Threats, Stalking, Rape, Robbery and any civil finding that a person is a danger to themselves or others).

and no one kills themselves just because they own a gun

There was one school shooting in the 60's, 28 or so in the 80's and over 50 in 90's. In the 60's every kid had easy access to a gun and discharged them with regularity. What changed?

There was one school shooting in the 60's, 28 or so in the 80's and over 50 in 90's. In the 60's every kid had easy access to a gun and discharged them with regularity. What changed?

Well for one the population is much larger,and the steady degradation of the family unit beginning in the 70's.

Go fuck yourself

See, someone like you should never own, possess or have in their custody or control a firearm. Telling someone to "go fuck yourself", simply because my thoughtful opinions challenge your emotions, is a sign of pathological anger. When that anger reaches rage, we see the mass murder of strangers.

We don't have a gun problem, we have a mental health problem as can be seen by some of the international gun studies on murder. Until we can figure out how to protect the civil rights of every potential gun owner, a rational policy is to make every person who wants to own, possess, etc. a gun to be licensed, said license to be denied, suspended or revoked for antisocial behaviors (DUI, DV, Battery, Terrorist Threats, Stalking, Rape, Robbery and any civil finding that a person is a danger to themselves or others).

Except we know that won't work.

This guy went through three background checks, his guns were licensed and registered.

He made threats, they were reported to the police, the police even made contact with him.

And that did...(wait for it)...absolutely nothing.

Police KNEW about virgin killer Elliot Rodger's videos before apartment search | Mail Online

One hundred million gun owners will have to jump through hoops, a massive bureaucracy will be created and the gun grabbers get what they always wanted, a national firearm confiscation list.

In exchange for the same results we saw in the California Virgin mass murder.

Thanks but no thanks.

Last edited:

Your premise seems to be offered sans any evidence. What evidence do you have that, " In the 60's every kid had easy access to a gun and discharged them with regularity."?

Since I was born in 1947, I was a kid until 1965 and my experience is very much different. I ran with a number of different groups - jocks, surfers, musicians, greasers and never saw a gun in any setting other than at the shooting range at Sharps Park.

Go fuck yourself

This guy went through three background checks, his guns were licensed and registered.

He made threats, they were reported to the police, the police even made contact with him.

Police KNEW about virgin killer Elliot Rodger's videos before apartment search | Mail Online

One hundred million gun owners will have to jump through hoops, a massive bureaucracy will be created and the gun grabbers get what they always wanted, a national firearm confiscation list.

Thanks but no thanks.

The idea that no solution exists ...

Thanks but no thanks.

The idea that no solution exists ...

A solution may exist, but this one has already been attempted in California and failed miserably.

They also proved that Universal Background Checks will not hinder mass shootings in any way.

Nor gun registrations.

Nor waiting periods.

Thanks California.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back