Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Race Issues

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Hillary

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Immigration

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok, here's one. I understand that when a woman wants to vent, or is feeling sad, all a man is allowed to do is pat her hand and say "Yes, I know" or "You poor thing" or the most important " I'm sorry" even if you had nothing to do with it. It makes no difference if you have the perfect solution to the problem, You have to shut your damn mouth and repeat only what is on the above mentioned script if you don't want the entire house to explode. What I don't understand is why.

'Yours is not to reason why, yours is but to do or die'. :biggrin:

Though I don't generally like using generalities, there are distinguishing characteristics separating male and female psyche beyond the science of dna.

Women seek comfort first, then solution, if necessary. To men, solution is comfort.

I have often told mr sg - I don't need you to solve the problem, or even understand it - I just need you to lend a sympathetic ear...to let me vent, wail, moan, decry the situation - and sometimes that alone is the solution.

You just proved my point. Men are well aware that is the way it is, but we will never understand why, or what purpose it serves. Men are incapable of understanding women.

Ok, here's one. I understand that when a woman wants to vent, or is feeling sad, all a man is allowed to do is pat her hand and say "Yes, I know" or "You poor thing" or the most important " I'm sorry" even if you had nothing to do with it. It makes no difference if you have the perfect solution to the problem, You have to shut your damn mouth and repeat only what is on the above mentioned script if you don't want the entire house to explode. What I don't understand is why.

Though I don't generally like using generalities, there are distinguishing characteristics separating male and female psyche beyond the science of dna.

Women seek comfort first, then solution, if necessary. To men, solution is comfort.

I have often told mr sg - I don't need you to solve the problem, or even understand it - I just need you to lend a sympathetic ear...to let me vent, wail, moan, decry the situation - and sometimes that alone is the solution.

You just proved my point. Men are well aware that is the way it is, but we will never understand why, or what purpose it serves. Men are incapable of understanding women.

Well then refer to my first sentence in the post you quoted. :)

Men are not incapable of understanding women. Some men are incapable of understanding that women sometimes express emotions differently than men...even irrationally, to male eyes. Popular pc aside, nature is what it is...in some matters we are wired differently.

My question to you would be...if you already knows what she needs from you, why do you need to understand her need?

Men are not incapable of understanding women. Some men are incapable of understanding that women sometimes express emotions differently than men...even irrationally, to male eyes. Popular pc aside, nature is what it is...in some matters we are wired differently.

My question to you would be...if you already knows what she needs from you, why do you need to understand her need?

It would be a mistake to relate this to any one specific problem concerning any one specific woman. It's a universal occurrence. My point was that a man is incapable of understanding a woman, regardless of any need, or lack of need to understand.

It would be a mistake to relate this to any one specific problem concerning any one specific woman. It's a universal occurrence. My point was that a man is incapable of understanding a woman, regardless of any need, or lack of need to understand.

Did you not mention a specific women who taught you something about understanding women?...and later relate it to male handling of female emotional distress in general? Understanding is not a requirement of empathy. I don't have to understand how electricity works to know it's a bad thing to try to plug something that requires 220 into a 110 outlet.

My question is this - if you (rhetorical term) know what works and what does not - why do you have the need to understand the why? Got something to do with that pesky wh'Y' chromosome? ;)

Forum List

Back