Most Non-Climate Scientists Agree on Global Warming Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
The authors sent emails to 7,555 individuals gathered from a few similar sources: those who had published papers or assessment reports that included the keywords “global warming” or “global climate change” during the period from 1991 to 2011, a separate database of actively publishing climate scientists, and a separate review of climate science papers from 2009 to 2011. A total of 6,550 people were successfully contacted, and 1,868 questionnaires were returned, resulting in a response rate of 29 percent.

The survey’s first question asked these scientists “[w]hat fraction of global warming since the mid-20th century can be attributed to human induced increases in atmospheric GHG [greenhouse gas] concentrations?” There were several possible answers, allowing respondents to choose a specific range of contribution to warming. The combined group that pegged the contribution as above 50 percent — meaning, greenhouse gases have accounted for more than half of the observed warming — was considered to agree with the consensus. A total of 1,231 people agreed with the consensus, or 65.9 percent of the 1,868 respondents.

But Verheggen said the authors found a consensus of between 79 percent and 97 percent. How did he arrive at that range? Two of the possible responses to the first question were “unknown” and “I don’t know,” which the authors called “undetermined” responses. A large number of people selected these options: 9.9 percent said “unknown,” and 8.8 percent said, “I don’t know.” But undetermined responses do not mean the respondents don’t believe humans are the primary driver of climate change. Pinpointing the specific amount of human contribution is a difficult task.

The study authors argue that these answers should not be included in the analysis of the consensus, resulting in Verheggen’s range. The lowest possible value after excluding undetermined responses was 79 percent (see table S3 of supplemental information), among 278 respondents who had published only zero to three papers on climate science. The highest possible value was 97 percent, among 142 respondents who were authors on the IPCC’s scientific report published in 2007. Among all 1,868 respondents, the rate was 84 percent that agreed with the consensus.

You have to be really brain damaged not to understand all this
Severely damaged indeed........

Another Cook type paper done like a poll and with leading questions which looked for a specif result.

If you believe polling and targeting only those who think like you want them too is real science in any manner.. your high on something. Its like the democrat party polling themselves to see if they are winning...

The paper is crap! (and I have read it too) You want to try again?

So scientists should have polled some message board junkies, rather than scientists themselves, to come to scientific conclusions ha

I see........

Says the idiot who trys to back up the AGW cult with a thread called"
Most Non-Climate Scientists Agree on Global Warming Too"

Yea if you put Grant money in front of biologist I am sure they will agree the moon is made of green cheese....

Ohh, so you claim there is a lobby trying to destroy the poor oil companies out there, ha

Your stupidity is beyond epic levels my friend.....

The authors sent emails to 7,555 individuals gathered from a few similar sources: those who had published papers or assessment reports that included the keywords “global warming” or “global climate change” during the period from 1991 to 2011, a separate database of actively publishing climate scientists, and a separate review of climate science papers from 2009 to 2011. A total of 6,550 people were successfully contacted, and 1,868 questionnaires were returned, resulting in a response rate of 29 percent.

The survey’s first question asked these scientists “[w]hat fraction of global warming since the mid-20th century can be attributed to human induced increases in atmospheric GHG [greenhouse gas] concentrations?” There were several possible answers, allowing respondents to choose a specific range of contribution to warming. The combined group that pegged the contribution as above 50 percent — meaning, greenhouse gases have accounted for more than half of the observed warming — was considered to agree with the consensus. A total of 1,231 people agreed with the consensus, or 65.9 percent of the 1,868 respondents.

But Verheggen said the authors found a consensus of between 79 percent and 97 percent. How did he arrive at that range? Two of the possible responses to the first question were “unknown” and “I don’t know,” which the authors called “undetermined” responses. A large number of people selected these options: 9.9 percent said “unknown,” and 8.8 percent said, “I don’t know.” But undetermined responses do not mean the respondents don’t believe humans are the primary driver of climate change. Pinpointing the specific amount of human contribution is a difficult task.

The study authors argue that these answers should not be included in the analysis of the consensus, resulting in Verheggen’s range. The lowest possible value after excluding undetermined responses was 79 percent (see table S3 of supplemental information), among 278 respondents who had published only zero to three papers on climate science. The highest possible value was 97 percent, among 142 respondents who were authors on the IPCC’s scientific report published in 2007. Among all 1,868 respondents, the rate was 84 percent that agreed with the consensus.

You have to be really brain damaged not to understand all this
Severely damaged indeed........

Another Cook type paper done like a poll and with leading questions which looked for a specif result.

If you believe polling and targeting only those who think like you want them too is real science in any manner.. your high on something. Its like the democrat party polling themselves to see if they are winning...

The paper is crap! (and I have read it too) You want to try again?

So scientists should have polled some message board junkies, rather than scientists themselves, to come to scientific conclusions ha

I see........
So your good with fraud, deception, misrepresentation of the real state of the earth and political crap ?

No, that would be YOU.

The vast majority of climate scientists and scientists in general accept AGW as a valid description of the behavior of the Earth's climate. You claims that all the various studies, polls and surveys are lies is as pathetic as pathetic can get.

Really. Truly. Exceptionally. PATHETIC.

Still waiting for you to come up with facts and not your personal opinion...

Refute the graph of geological history!

I'll wait...

I dont have to refute anything when you "claim" you are refuting something that has a 97% consensus by the "scientists" on this planet.

You only can "claim" to do so, I am just laughing at you...

I just posted why your a liar.. with all the data as well..

I don't think you are a liar

You are just plain STUPID....

I think you have the corner market on stupid... gullible and an idiot among other things.. do you have a brain or are you capable of cognitive thought? Obviously not, as you still ignore the facts presented.

SO Come on and refute where we are in the geological history! I dare you!

I don't refute your ignorance and stupidity.

A wrecking majority of scientists agree on the fact that humans cause climate change.

What is next on your agenda, claim earth is flat?
I bet you have some "geological history" to back that up too...
lol....

A circle jerk and your the pivot man...

No, that would be YOU.

The vast majority of climate scientists and scientists in general accept AGW as a valid description of the behavior of the Earth's climate. You claims that all the various studies, polls and surveys are lies is as pathetic as pathetic can get.

No what is exceptionally pathetic is you and those who are good with lies and deception as an acceptable means to get your agenda done.. even if it kills millions.. and your to stupid to see you may be one of those millions..

No, that would be YOU.

The AGW cult would say that if their were only 1,000,000 people on this planet just living in tents and cooking on camp fires, it is to vague, just like cooks bullshit 97% made up claim.

incorrect;

Legates Et Al exposed the fraud and points out how the deception was carried out very precisely. Cooks crap should be withdrawn. Pal review and outright scientific malpractice is the theme of the day.. Read the Paper.

Of course, Cooks is the only expert on the matter....

What about the THOUSANDs of other papers by climate scientists?

Nearly 92% of biophysical scientists surveyed believe that human activity has contributed to global warming

Supporters of policies to address man-made climate change are quick to cite research showing 97% of climate scientists believe that humans are contributing to global warming. Now, new research suggests that consensus extends to scientists in other fields.

Most Non-Climate Scientists Agree on Global Warming Too

Anybody on this planet with a brain size of a walnut can understand and accept the facts.

But as for the deniers; not sure which one of the following is more moronic:
Accepting the facts and not care and still deny
Or not accepting the facts at all because their brain can fart

What the hell is a "biophysical" scientist? Use of this invented term indicates this study is also bullshit, just like the 97% claim.

Educate yourself now and then

biophysics
[bahy-oh-fiz-iks]
noun, ( used with a singular verb)
the branch of biology that applies the methods of physics to the studyof biological structures and processes.

This thread is becoming a circus freak show
And it is sooo entertaining :D

This thread is becoming a circus freak show
And it is sooo entertaining :D
Your in center ring! thanks for the entertainment..

Yes I am, cmon, jump it bobby boy, jump it good.....

stock-vector-cartoon-lion-tamer-with-a-flaming-hoop-and-whip-no-transparencies-eps-284321501.jpg

Even if we are "contributing" to any warming, it won't matter. We're not killing this planet off any time soon.

Even if we are "contributing" to any warming, it won't matter. We're not killing this planet off any time soon.

Yeah, you prob gonna be fine in your life time...

And well done :)

It's OK if everything thaws out. Half the northern hemisphere is currently too cold for agriculture. Nothing like a little terraforming to help fix the land and food shortages. :D

It's OK if everything thaws out. Half the northern hemisphere is currently too cold for agriculture. Nothing like a little terraforming to help fix the land and food shortages. :D

I guess Alpine likes to ignore the fact the earth has been MUCH warmer for most of its existence. But lets not let a few facts stop his fantasies..

PhanerozoicCO2-Temperatures.jpg

kermit -hold on a minuet.JPG

I guess Alpine likes to ignore the fact the earth has been MUCH warmer for most of its existence. But lets not let a few facts stop his fantasies..

View attachment 68237

View attachment 68238

George Carlin said it best IMO. :)

View attachment 68237

View attachment 68238

And you like to ignore the fact that, humans did NOT exist in that era,
which makes sense, because it was, as YOU said, MUCH warmer, which is not good for us, humans

If you want to exist, stop screwing the climate
If you dont, go jump off a bridge

Its that simple...

View attachment 68237

View attachment 68238

which makes sense, because it was, as YOU said, MUCH warmer, which is not good for us, humans

Its that simple...

People live in every miserably arid/humid/hot/freezing place on Earth though. We have air conditioning in the summer and dozens of heating options in the winter. By the time this world becomes too hot for human survival, we'll be an inter-planetary species and it won't matter much beyond anyone's current "feelings" on the topic. Or we'll all be dead from war. Whichever. The planet is gonna be just fine. :)

View attachment 68237

View attachment 68238

Its that simple...
Were not the ones screwing with the data to make believe its warming rapidly.. YOU ARE! Its a lie, a sham, and a deception to get people to give up their rights, property and lives to the state..

You like communism, leave and get you some.. Don't fuck up my nation for your fantasies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back