Most of you cannot pass this test to graduate from the eighth grade.

Wow.

2. A wagon box is 2 ft. deep, 10 feet long, and 3 ft. wide. How many bushels of wheat will it hold?

A lot, amiright?

The test reflects a different era of educational standards and values and yes, in many ways it is hard because multiple choice had not yet been invented to dumb down tests, which also makes them scorable by machine, but keep in mind it was based on values of the day. Likewise someone from that era would have a very hard time with a modern test. Back then, people dealt with entirely different units of measure and handling, so it wasn't too uncommon to know that one bushel = 4 pecks or 8 gallons. And the well educated would know that a bushel equaled 1.244 cubic feet or 2,150 cubic inches, which really makes soling the problem very easy.

And I won't even mention other units in use such as the hogshead, tierce, rundlet, or perch. But then, a person of 1895 would have had a touch time with terms such as CPU, clock speed, megabytes per second and the like.

Wow.

2. A wagon box is 2 ft. deep, 10 feet long, and 3 ft. wide. How many bushels of wheat will it hold?

A lot, amiright?

The test reflects a different era of educational standards and values and yes, in many ways it is hard because multiple choice had not yet been invented to dumb down tests, which also makes them scorable by machine, but keep in mind it was based on values of the day. Likewise someone from that era would have a very hard time with a modern test. Back then, people dealt with entirely different units of measure and handling, so it wasn't too uncommon to know that one bushel = 4 pecks or 8 gallons. And the well educated would know that a bushel equaled 1.244 cubic feet or 2,150 cubic inches, which really makes soling the problem very easy.

And I won't even mention other units in use such as the hogshead, tierce, rundlet, or perch. But then, a person of 1895 would have had a touch time with terms such as CPU, clock speed, megabytes per second and the like.
That stuff was only a small part of the test.

Wow.

A lot, amiright?

That stuff was only a small part of the test.

Yeah, I know. That "test" came out like 20 years ago. It is old news.

We would probably need to add a few questions to reflect modern culture, such as:

1. What is the name of the area in which you can hide, if you hear something you don't like?
2. List three examples of Cultural Appropriation
3. Provide 5 tactics you would use to stop someone you don't like from speaking on campus
4. Why are men so horrible?
5. Name 15 genders
6. Provide 10 examples of how white people have ruined America
7. In the average video game, how many people can a ten year old boy slaughter in one minute?
8. Why would any stupid, inbred dupe like America?
9. Name 12 situations in which you should provide a trigger warning
All good but #5 really cracked me up!

Forum List

Back