Most people don't even know what a "Public Option" is.

I don't see my life in that way. I don't think I should be going out of my way to harm others, but I don't think my only purpose in life is to help others. A world exists beyond other people.

This is the selfishness that is at the root of the modern conservative movement.

This is also the opposite of what Jesus taught.

I don't see my life in that way. I don't think I should be going out of my way to harm others, but I don't think my only purpose in life is to help others. A world exists beyond other people.

This is the selfishness that is at the root of the modern conservative movement.

like you would know

Jesus never taught to have the government take from others to do what he told YOU to do

Funny you bring up Jesus...didn't you have a problem with him talking to Bush, a while back?

:lol:

Funny you bring up Jesus...didn't you have a problem with him talking to Bush, a while back?

When faced with the truth, the conservative will do one of two things, change the subject or engage in a personal attack.

You have done both.

The subject is healthcare not Bush.

When faced with the truth, the conservative will do one of two things, change the subject or engage in a personal attack.

You have done both.

Nor is it Jesus, Bible-boy.

You have done both.

you changed the subject
he was addressing your change

You have done both.

he's not "bible boy"

he hardly knows it
unless he can come up with the scripture where Jesus ever said for Christians to have the government do what Jesus commanded Christians to do

Last edited:
No, we all have a personal responsibility to take care of others, especially the sick.

It's called the Golden Rule.

Jesus talked about it. Perhaps you have heard of him.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith

The "golden rule" was a religious ideal, and it doesn't mean sacrifice everything you get just to make sure someone else can be a leech.

So now the single mother with cancer who can't pay her insurance premium is a "leech."

Wrong.

The leeches are the insurance industry lobbyists who gave Congress $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS in the last decade, so they could continue to deny coverage to people who need help.

So you don't think that people abuse free handouts? :cuckoo:

The "golden rule" was a religious ideal, and it doesn't mean sacrifice everything you get just to make sure someone else can be a leech.

So now the single mother with cancer who can't pay her insurance premium is a "leech."

Wrong.

The leeches are the insurance industry lobbyists who gave Congress $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS in the last decade, so they could continue to deny coverage to people who need help.

Congress got $3.4 BILLION in free handouts, Granny.

You have done both.

he's not "bible boy"

he hardly knows it
unless he can come up with the scripture where Jesus ever said for Christians to have the government do what Jesus commanded Christians to do
of course chris ignores THIS ^^^^^

Wrong.

no they didnt
they earned every penny
especially if you are correct that the lobbyist paid them for their support
or are you lying either way?

Wrong.

... and you don't think "everyday" people do the same thing? :cuckoo:

You have done both.

he's not "bible boy"

he hardly knows it
still waiting for chris the total moron to answer this one ^^^^^^^

A great example of how the left takes a phrase and re-creates it.

Personal responsibility means RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF.

Good grief.

No, we all have a personal responsibility to take care of others, especially the sick.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith
Nothing like one insufferable authoritarian elitist hack, who couldn't be more wrong if he had to be, quoting another insufferable authoritarian elitist hack, who couldn't have been more wrong if he had to be.:lol:

A great example of how the left takes a phrase and re-creates it.

Personal responsibility means RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF.

Good grief.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Personally, I'd rather not have anyone taking care of me financially.

All humans are selfish. It's part of the nature of being human.

And apparently their message has been heard loud and clear, since apparently 26% of Americans think that a "Public Option" is the same thing as Nationalized Health Care...

Most people believe that a public option will lead to nationalized health care/single payer. They'd be right.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back