Most people don't even know what a "Public Option" is.

(3) PROVISION OF BENEFIT LEVELS.—The public health insurance option—
(A) shall offer basic, enhanced, and premium plans; and
(B) may offer premium-plus plans.

What is your point? the public health options are insurance plans THAT YOU CAN BUY, I can buy IF WE WANT TO BUY ONE , just as you can buy all other plans offered on the insurance exchange from any other private insurance on the exchange?

SO what are you trying to imply? DID YOU read it?

care

Wow, perhaps this is part of the problem:

In a poll done by the AARP, only 37% of respondents actually knew what a "public option" was:

pubopt2.PNG

And I guess even less of a % of those who support 'public option' understand what personal responsibility is

In a poll done by the AARP, only 37% of respondents actually knew what a "public option" was:

pubopt2.PNG

As I understand it, the public option is a government run insurance program that is made available for anyone who does not have insurance, or who cannot afford the one they have.

I also understand that tied to it is a requirement for everyone to be covered under some kind of health insurance plan or be fined. That part may be the greatest issue. However, the health care plan would likely be substandard, and would cause issues across the board regarding costs and coverage by all, or some other plans that are employee provided, or individually purchased but privately run.

Either way, the whole "Obama Health Care Plan" seems to have the smell of government control across the board for all insurance. This is another protest across the country, in my opinion.

I may not have it all correct, but this is how I understand it.

Most people don't even know what a "Public Option" is.
It's a mere semantic ruse, since "socialized medicine" won't fly and people have already decoded "single payer" and "universal insurance" to also mean socialized medicine.

If you can'r dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit.

You realize "single payer", "universal insurance", and "public option" all refer to different things, right?

(21) PUBLIC HEALTH INSURANCE OPTION.—
10 The term ‘‘public health insurance option’’ means
11 the public health insurance option as provided under
12 subtitle B of title II.

Go find it:

http://images.larslarson.com/images/pdf/obamacarefulltext.pdf

didn't i just post title 2 subchapter B or at least part of it in this thread ALREADY allie?

what is it that you want to point out?

Sorry, Care. I rarely read your tripe through to the end.

pubopt2.PNG

And I guess even less of a % of those who support 'public option' understand what personal responsibility is

Personal responsibility is taking care of those around you.

Idiot.

Been said a hundred times ... but needs to be said a hundred more.

You are an idiot.

A great example of how the left takes a phrase and re-creates it.

Personal responsibility means RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF.

Good grief.

Good grief.

No, we all have a personal responsibility to take care of others, especially the sick.

It's called the Golden Rule.

Jesus talked about it. Perhaps you have heard of him.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith

Good grief.

No, we all have a personal responsibility to take care of others, especially the sick.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith

The "golden rule" was a religious ideal, and it doesn't mean sacrifice everything you get just to make sure someone else can be a leech.

Good grief.

John Kenneth Galbraith

The "golden rule" was a religious ideal, and it doesn't mean sacrifice everything you get just to make sure someone else can be a leech.

So now the single mother with cancer who can't pay her insurance premium is a "leech."

Wrong.

The leeches are the insurance industry lobbyists who gave Congress $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS in the last decade, so they could continue to deny coverage to people who need help.

Good grief.

Yeah, I don't get why he's referring to it as personal responsibility. He could argue (and you'd disagree) that there is a social responsibility to take care of those less fortunate, but to argue that doing so is a form of personal responsibility is nonsense.

Good grief.

Yeah, I don't get why he's referring to it as personal responsibility. He could argue (and you'd disagree) that there is a social responsibility to take care of those less fortunate, but to argue that doing so is a form of personal responsibility is nonsense.

No it is not nonsense.

The reason we are here on this earth is to help each other.

If you don't know that, then I feel sorry for you.

I don't see my life in that way. I don't think I should be going out of my way to harm others, but I don't think my only purpose in life is to help others. A world exists beyond other people.

Good grief.

John Kenneth Galbraith

chris doesnt understand, and likely never will

Forum List

Back