Mother Sues Walmart After 6-Year-Old Died in The Parking Lot

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Blaming someone else for your own stupidity is the American way.
What idiot leaves their young children unattended in a locked car while they shop? She should have her surviving daughter taken away from her.

A Minnesota woman has pinned the death of her 6-year-old daughter on Walmart, alleging the company's overnight parking policy led to the fire that killed her child. Essie McKenzie filed a civil lawsuit against Walmart in June, according to local station KSTP-TV. Around 7 a.m. on August 6, 2019, McKenzie left her two daughters napping in her parked car while she shopped at a Walmart in Fridley, Minnesota. The girls were tired after she had brought them along to drop off relatives at the airport early that morning, so she decided to let them keep sleeping while she shopped for groceries, McKenzie said in her lawsuit.

did yall even read the article?

no use suing the people with stove....walmart has the deep pockets and their insurance will toss money at this and then crack down more on parking lot camping

i care for a 4 and 7 yr old.... i wont even take a nap when i have them...much less leave them unattended in a car...this is why...you never know what lurks ahead....intentional...as in being grabbed outta the car or accidental like this....and yea there are times i am beat and want to just take the easy way out...but that is not keeping them safe and secure...is it lousy parenting...i would say lazy parenting

This will end over night parking at Walmart as well as other stores like Cracker Barrel... and maybe that's not a bad thing.... a similar thing happened at the Walmart in Cottonwood....

SHE made the CHOICE to leave kids in the car.

If anything, Hellmart can sue HER for slander and fraudulent scam. Whose to say she didn't do this on purpose for the sole reason of getting money from them???

Smells fishy to me!!!
1660317910849.png

i am not an rv er but insurance will shut down that parking stuff...i dont get it....i wont go to walmart without my hubby due to the trash in the parking lot....fights break out...meth heads...etc and this is small ass rural town

Walmart was nice enough to allow campers overnight in the parking lot and now a law suit by a negligent parent is probably going to end that service.

This is the reason we now live in a world where you cannot even take a piss without disclaimers.

Blaming someone else for your own stupidity is the American way.
What idiot leaves their young children unattended in a locked car while they shop? She should have her surviving daughter taken away from her.

I read that earlier. Just shook my head. Lawsuits like this should not even go forward. And, instead of being homeless, hopefully this lady has got free room and board now.

walmart here has one lot....they allow the rvs at the very front edge of the lot....a long walk from the door

To me, the people in charge of that store had nothing to do with what happened. If anything, it should be the people who started the fire that take the harder fall if there is going to be one at all because even if the kids had not been in the car, the car still would've been caught up in the fire.

God bless you and the family of the victim always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back