Move over Colonel, Chick-fil-A now #1 fast food chicken

Aside from the fact that all of these places are helping you to develop heart disease and type 2 diabetes, bravo, bravo.

Meh, I am 58, I've been eating fast food almost all my life. I have no heart disease, no diabetes, I'm on no medications at all, and my blood pressure is normal. Please pass the chocolate covered bacon, thanks.

knock on wood

The Chick-fil-A CEO has flip-flopped and now wishes to tell everyone how gay-friendly Chick-fil-A is.

Chick fil A CEO Regrets Same-Sex Marriage Debacle - TIME

You conservatives will now have to decide if you're going to financially support a pro-gay restaurant like Chick-fil-A. (And when DriftingSand gets back from lunch, he'll have to decide whether to vomit up the pro-gay meal he just ate.)

I don’t really see the ‘flip flop.’ He simply is stating that they are not discriminatory or anti-gay, something that they never actually said they were anyway. He didn’t state anything in that article about agreeing with gay marriage.

It sure does not look like they are now suddenly supportive of gay marriage. It just looks like they don’t want to be associated with being anti-gay even though they disagree with the marriage aspect.

You know libtards are so butt-hurt these days they will take a win when they can get one; or invent a win if they cant.

Said CEO was contributing millions each year to some seriously nasty anti-gay groups. That was always the issue. Not that he said something, but that he was funneling customer money to openly anti-gay organizations. That means declaring the CEO was never anti-gay is a steaming pile. When someone contributes millions to anti-gay groups, it defines them as anti-gay.

He's no longer doing that. At least not so openly. Chick-fil-A caved under the pressure from all the decent people in America. That's not just a liberal win, but a win for all of America. But then, that's kind of redundant, given how wins for liberals are almost always wins for America.

lol, you fucking liar, they have not changed a god-damned thing, you stupid bitch.

Said CEO was contributing millions each year to some seriously nasty anti-gay groups. That was always the issue. Not that he said something, but that he was funneling customer money to openly anti-gay organizations. That means declaring the CEO was never anti-gay is a steaming pile. When someone contributes millions to anti-gay groups, it defines them as anti-gay.

He's no longer doing that. At least not so openly. Chick-fil-A caved under the pressure from all the decent people in America. That's not just a liberal win, but a win for all of America. But then, that's kind of redundant, given how wins for liberals are almost always wins for America.

Link it.

Aside from the fact that all of these places are helping you to develop heart disease and type 2 diabetes, bravo, bravo.

Meh, I am 58, I've been eating fast food almost all my life. I have no heart disease, no diabetes, I'm on no medications at all, and my blood pressure is normal. Please pass the chocolate covered bacon, thanks.

knock on wood

It's all genetics. I just happen to be blessed in that way.

"Customer money" becomes "business money." So he wasn't "funneling" customer's money to anything. The customers traded their money in for food. The food became theirs while the money became Chic-fil-A's. See how that works?

By the way ... one doesn't have to be "anti-gay" to be anti-gay-AGENDA. It's the in-your-face agenda and the LGBT/NAMBLA push for public acceptance that has most Americans bothered. Whatever nasty stuff you do behind closed doors is none of my business and I really don't want to know. I'm all for your freedom to live as you choose but I'm also for my freedom to accept or reject your agenda. You do believe I have that right -- don't you?

I rarely have KFC, but have noticed that the quality is appalling compared to what it was 20 years ago. The chicken is scrawnier, which makes the batter and grease rather overwhelming.

I agree. The last time I had KFC it was overly greasy; the portions looked like they had come from an emaciated, anemic, skinny little chicken; and it was semi-raw in the middle. That was the LAST time I ate there. 20 or 30 years ago it was the boss. Large, well-cooked portions with great flavor. I don't know what happened since then but it ain't good.

Chick-Fil-A is tops in my book. A little while ago they provided free food to motorists that were stranded due to a snowstorm. :thup:

KFC is ok, but Church's or Popeye's is better.

We have none of those in my town of 9,500 people, that swells to many more thousands on weekends and holidays and 5 months a year of tourist season. We do have two Subways, and McDonald's and Burger King, Taco Bell and some local non-chain burger, etc. places.

KFC closed here about 10 years ago. I miss their biscuits and coleslaw.

Many of our large grocery stores, coat and fry, their own chicken and I think that was the demise of KFC, in my town. There is one about 50 miles south of me. I do love their original fried chicken. I just don't get there. :lol:

I shop at King Soopers or Safeway markets and both have some really good fried chicken in their deli sections. King Soopers offers a super spicy, Chipotle coating that tastes fantastic.

The Chick-fil-A CEO has flip-flopped and now wishes to tell everyone how gay-friendly Chick-fil-A is.

Chick fil A CEO Regrets Same-Sex Marriage Debacle - TIME

You conservatives will now have to decide if you're going to financially support a pro-gay restaurant like Chick-fil-A. (And when DriftingSand gets back from lunch and reads this, he'll have to decide whether to vomit up the pro-gay meal he just ate.)

LOL. Apologizing for "creating a stir" doesn't mean that the owner is "pro-gay." What an idiotic jump to a conclusion. I am disappointed that Dan Cathy back-peddled into political correctness but that doesn't mean that he's "pro-gay." It means that he's pro-capitalist and wants everyone's money.

lol. You just called him a hypocrite just to score a buck. Sounds republican to me.

I'm not Republican -- I'm Libertarian/Tea Party mix.

But I do believe that Danny boy was wrong for apologizing for standing for what he supposedly believes. That IS hypocritical if he did it for financial gain.

Last edited:
Chick-Fil-A is tops in my book. A little while ago they provided free food to motorists that were stranded due to a snowstorm. :thup:

We have none of those in my town of 9,500 people, that swells to many more thousands on weekends and holidays and 5 months a year of tourist season. We do have two Subways, and McDonald's and Burger King, Taco Bell and some local non-chain burger, etc. places.

Many of our large grocery stores, coat and fry, their own chicken and I think that was the demise of KFC, in my town. There is one about 50 miles south of me. I do love their original fried chicken. I just don't get there. :lol:
Small towns are good as you get to know pretty much everyone on a first name basis. If I were there, I'd probably know all the staff at Burger King, McDonald's and Taco Bell. :D

I'll bet though that the fried chicken that you get at your grocery stores is better than the KFC version. When comparing all the fried chicken places that I've been to, KFC is just ok for me. That includes both the original and crispy recipes. I find that homemade fried chicken is better. Now if you're talking Church's or Popeye's, then the homemade version takes a back seat.

Being seen as anti-gay is now considered by all major businesses to be a huge negative.

That's called "a liberal win".

I remember when politicians and businesses considered it a huge negative to be gay friendly. :D

Gays are not discriminated against, more often than not these days, they're the troublemakers.........

It's National Fried Chicken Day!

You don't need to tell me twice. I'm going to convince my husband that a family trip to Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles is in order. If you're not in the LA area, there are other quick and easy options that don't require you dusting off your deep fat fryer to celebrate this delicious day.

1) KFC

I'll admit I have a soft spot for the Colonel. Mostly due to fond memories of those parfait and mashed potato cups that kind of look the same, but also his original recipe is always satisfying without being overpowering. While I may be convinced the "secret blend of 11 herbs and spices" is actually salt and pepper, it's still a perfect combo. And since Kentucky Fried Chicken stopped using trans fats, it's not quite as bad for you as it used to be. (Let's not discuss the Double Down.)

2) BBQ Chicken

Slowly spreading across the nation, BBQ Chicken says it best, "It's not barbecue, it's Best of the Best Quality Chicken." This international fried chicken company has just hit the States, but I predict fried chicken domination in a matter of a few years. BBQ cooks its fried chicken in extra virgin olive oil, making it healthier (I realize healthy fried chicken is a contradiction in terms) and incredibly delicious.

3) Popeyes

A Cajun transplant, I appreciate the sides a little bit more than the chicken from Popeyes. Still, the crispy chicken is super-juicy and will give you a fab fried chicken fix. The spices are a little more flavorful than KFC, as they should be when hailing from Louisiana. Still, the real star is a side of red beans and rice.

4) Church's Chicken

While Church's was always second to KFC in my book, I still have fond memories of chowing down on fried okra and chicken strips. Church's is also less expensive than the Colonel, which meant my family dropped in more often than not. If you have a Church's in your area, celebrate by trying their own artery choker -- the Double Chicken and Cheese -- and let me know how it is in the comments.

Top 4 Fast Food Fried Chicken Restaurants | The Stir

I shop at King Soopers or Safeway markets and both have some really good fried chicken in their deli sections. King Soopers offers a super spicy, Chipotle coating that tastes fantastic.

I hope your Safeway is better than mine when it comes to fried chicken. Our Safeway is not only more expensive than our other super-sized stores, they do not coat their chicken. They order it already coated, then deep-fry it. Not nearly as tasty as the stores that do their own coating and frying.

The chicken I consume, is baked. I do a couple of pieces of fried chicken about as often as I do other fast-food...once or twice a year. I have noticed the downsizing of chicken pieces and when asked why they are doing that, their reply was, Foster Farms had something tainted going on a while back and we switched to another brand of chicken. My take----they went to smaller chickens to avoid raising their new price of seller-to-market production, to the consumer. I don't approve of this kind of sneaky business practice. I would rather a company, or restaurant, serve, or sell, the same amount of anything and raise the price so I can make my choice, based upon a truism. As it is, they have lost this customer, even for their baked chicken, which I now buy and prepare myself, which is much less expensive and better tasting. Just time consuming, for someone who also works inside the home as well as outside. :thup:

Speaking of chickens....I am one fortunate chick. :D

Gays are not discriminated against, more often than not these days, they're the troublemakers.........

I've heard that said about people like Rosa Parks, MLK Jr., Gloria Steinem.....:eusa_whistle:

They're not gays....

I clearly said "these days" .....

All three were harassed by your beloved democrats......

Ride your rainbow to the next irrelevant tangent ......... :thup:

The funny thing is chic fil a is only open 6 days a week. I don't know about popeye's or churches but kfc is open 7 days a week and cfl is still #1.

Being seen as anti-gay is now considered by all major businesses to be a huge negative.

That's called "a liberal win".

I remember when politicians and businesses considered it a huge negative to be gay friendly. :D

Hmmm... I'm 58 years old, I own a side business (for many years now), know many businessmen and women, never ever heard of that. In any business I've ever seen or been a part of, money is money no matter who is giving it to you.

I must have missed the signs on the doors of restaurants, bars, department stores, hardware stores, convenience stores, appliance stores, wholesalers, realtors, auto dealerships, hospitals, law firms, dentists, hotels, motels, taxi companies, airlines, gyms, bookstores, delis, and dry cleaners that said "We don't do business with gays."

I call (left wing) bull shit.

Forum List

Back