Movies You Have Enjoyed

What the Bleep do we Know...is a great movie if you're into quantum physics...

It's a movie for people who know nothing about quantum physics and thus are easily scammed into believing some of the most ridiculous nonsense out there, which is probably why they gave it that title.

That's a movie that hijacked the hard work of physicists and created a big heaping bowl of manure for the credulous to consume.

It was made in Oregon, which explains a lot.

Last edited:
Thanks to Netflix.....recently watched these movies and found them to be very pleasant surprises.

Super 8----Well done kid action pic......coming of age stuff.
Monsieur Lazhar------French drama dealing with mourning.
Butter------Little Miss Sunshine type comedy with a great little actress in the lead.
Safety Not Guaranteed------Quirky independent film worth a look

It's a movie for people who know nothing about quantum physics and thus are easily scammed into believing some of the most ridiculous nonsense out there, which is probably why they gave it that title.

That's a movie that hijacked the hard work of physicists and created a big heaping bowl of manure for the credulous to consume.

^^^^doubt he hast seen the movie. There are at least a half dozen credible quantum physicists in the movie. Some critics.....probably a creationist.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7dhztBnpxg]What The Bleep Do We Know ?! Intro trailer compilation - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeFuc-qFKoA]Power of Thought - A Quantum Perspective - By Kent Healy - YouTube[/ame]

^^^^doubt he hast seen the movie. There are at least a half dozen credible quantum physicists in the movie. Some critics.....probably a creationist.

Oh, I've seen it, all right.

It's a supersized bowl of hashish.

One of the few legitimate academics in the film, David Albert, a philosopher of physics at Columbia University, is outraged at the final product. He says that he spent four hours patiently explaining to the filmmakers why quantum mechanics has nothing to do with consciousness or spirituality, only to see his statements edited and cut to the point where it appears as though he and the spirit warrior are speaking with one voice.

Dressing up mysticism as quantum physics

Dishonest hacks.

Last edited:

Oh, I've seen it, all right.

It's a supersized bowl of hashish.

One of the few legitimate academics in the film, David Albert, a philosopher of physics at Columbia University, is outraged at the final product. He says that he spent four hours patiently explaining to the filmmakers why quantum mechanics has nothing to do with consciousness or spirituality, only to see his statements edited and cut to the point where it appears as though he and the spirit warrior are speaking with one voice.

Dressing up mysticism as quantum physics

Dishonest hacks.

A philosopher not a physicist. Like Sarah Palin pretending to know what she doesn't. I bet you're a creationist like Palin.

This thread is MOVIES YOU'VE ENJOYED, not ones you didn't. Take a hike asshole.

Last edited:
I have tried to watch the Hunger Games the first movie...
Tried and tried and tried...I gave it a 5-10 minutes every time.
Still trying to figure out what the big deal is supposed to be with this.I just don't get it.

I have tried to watch the Hunger Games the first movie...
Tried and tried and tried...I gave it a 5-10 minutes every time.
Still trying to figure out what the big deal is supposed to be with this.I just don't get it.

Have you read the books?

This movie has influenced several movies since it was released back in 1973.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NDXWHlkcag]Bruce Lee Enter The Dragon Fight Scene 2 - YouTube[/ame]

I watched this the other night was up late and couldn't sleep.

It was really weird but I got pulled in. :cool:

[ame=http://youtu.be/fJ1O1vb9AUU]The Master - Official Trailer (2012) [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

As a followup, some movies I do not recall seeing mentioned.

The first 3 Bourne series of movies (Identity, Suprermacy, Ultimatum)
Crocodile Dundee
Warlock
The Dark Knight
Grumpy Old Men
Predator
Taxi Driver
Arthur

I like several of the movies mentioned thus far by several others.

Real Time....

I just started watching a film called "King of Devil's Island" on Netflix. I have no idea if the film will turn out to be great or not.

But! Between the 8min. and 9min. mark....there is an epic commentary on what it means to be an American.

Watch it if you can. It is one of those little things that might put a smile on your face......while at the same time......making you think.

I just saw a thread on Hy Brazil in the Science and Technology section and it reminded me of the movie Erick the Viking
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8IBnfkcrsM]Hy_Brazil is sinking.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Watched a chick flick with the wife, "Safe Haven."

MV5BMTg4MzcxODA3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTYzNDkwOQ@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Pretty predictable and followed the typical formula, until the last 10 minutes. It has quite the surprising twist at the end.

This is a very freaky movie...after I watched it I wondered what just happened...not sure I enjoyed it....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3A3-zSOBT4]Inception - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I just watched Sherlock Holmes/Game of Shadows starring Robert Downy Jr. for the fourth time, on HBO. All that coke didn't fry his brain too bad.

Forum List

Back