msnbc spits on Ohioans for donating food relief

Tiny Dancer -

So your point is that people should ignore Red Cross appeals and requests?

Interesting.

So you are telling people how to donate now?

Are you talking about appeals and requests... or orders and demands?

Tiny Dancer -

So your point is that people should ignore Red Cross appeals and requests?

Interesting.

I can see her point, though - why donate money when its not likely to make it to the victims, but will instead end up in someone's pocket?

Am not saying not to donate, just don't donate through the Red Cross.

After Black Saturday here, three years aqo, we raised over one hundred million for the people affected, yet most of those people haven't seen a single penny. The Red Cross keeps most of it for themselves!

Why should you ONLY donate through the red cross? Do you really think they are the ONLY people going to be helping with disaster relief?

Tell me... if you just lose everything.... poor down on your luck... are you going to turn down, bedding, food and clothing?

or are you going to do just stick out your hand and demand cash?

Noomi -

It may well be that the Red Cross are not the best organisation to donate to - but at the same time I think ignoring their requests for money and not food is foolish.

I dare say most other aid organisations said the same thing.

Was the red cross request for cash money being ignored?

interesting.

MSNBC Ridicules Romney for Collecting Food and Supplies for Sandy Victims | NewsBusters.org

It's one thing to be rich, but it's quite another to be rich and an elitist.

And we wonder why biden and obama's charity giving was so low.

It's because they lack charity.

According to the Red Cross, they prefer donations of cash instead. I am sure there is a good reason for this - Romney didn't have to hold his own charity drive, instead, he could have simply told his supporters to make a donation to the Red Cross.

Its possible that the Red Cross will not accept the donations of food and clothing, and that would be a shame, after all his hard work.

There is a good reason, they have a lot of overhead and cash makes it easier for them to pay their exorbitant salaries. Actual donations of food and clothing have to be delivered to real people who need it. That is why most people, especially vets, prefer the Salvation Army.

they have the very same issues the red cross has..... I can tell you horror stories about them too.

Saigon isn't even from this country and has become the biggest lame ass loser ever during this storm, what do they give a shit who they spit on

According to the Red Cross, they prefer donations of cash instead. I am sure there is a good reason for this - Romney didn't have to hold his own charity drive, instead, he could have simply told his supporters to make a donation to the Red Cross.

Its possible that the Red Cross will not accept the donations of food and clothing, and that would be a shame, after all his hard work.

I worked red cross disaster communications first responder for years......

They dont want food and clothing becasue it becomes a transportation and delivery issue.

They want cash becasue they want to purchase more then just food and clothing....

ok , but there are a LOT of places who will accept food and clothing, so mocking someone for trying to do something good is beyond the pale, but expected from some folks today

i know that.

I was not a red cross event. It was a donate to disaster relief event.... of which they were also rounding up cash for the red cross.

They need cash to go buy things at stores that aren't open...... :thup:

they got warehouses of shit ready to go as it stands now. They need cash to first and foremost PAY they people on the pay role, pay for the gas food and lodging of the people they send.

I worked red cross disaster communications first responder for years......

They dont want food and clothing becasue it becomes a transportation and delivery issue.

They want cash becasue they want to purchase more then just food and clothing....

ok , but there are a LOT of places who will accept food and clothing, so mocking someone for trying to do something good is beyond the pale, but expected from some folks today

i know that.

I was not a red cross event. It was a donate to disaster relief event.... of which they were also rounding up cash for the red cross.

I know from reading your postings, good job on your part dear

i know that.

I know from reading your postings, good job on your part dear

the posting or the red cross work?

the posting or the red cross work?

Both

thanks...

im still posting... but we quit the red cross yeas ago.... becasue of the politics, bureaucracies, in fighting and back stabbing with the organization... both on the local and national level. It sucks being a pawn with them.

Yes, I've heard a lot of that about the Red Cross, that's why I would suggest people donating else where.

thanks...

im still posting... but we quit the red cross yeas ago.... becasue of the politics, bureaucracies, in fighting and back stabbing with the organization... both on the local and national level. It sucks being a pawn with them.

Yes, I've heard a lot of that about the Red Cross, that's why I would suggest people donating else where.

Dont get me wrong... they do serve a purpose ...and they do provide help to people. Just be aware they are not as "non profit" as you think..... but for that matter...neither is any other "non profit"

Forum List

Back