MSNBC - The bane of conservatives - is one of the few outlets acknowledging Paul wins

Fiscally.... Ron Paul wins, but his views on national defense kill his chances at ever winning.

The two issues are intertwined.

If Paul would stop trying to go into the esoteric issue of constitutionality of our foreign policy and simply stick to "we can't afford it" he might be able to gain ground on this issue.

But he won't do that. Because leadership, real leadership, isn't just about gaining ground. It's about explaining to people what's going on. It's about reminding them of the fundamental principles of our nation and showing them why it's important to maintain them. That's the irony of it really, Ron Paul does a better job leading our nation as a 'fringe' candidate than the politicians we actually do vote into office.

Last edited:
... The fact that he doesn't do that - that actually tries to explain his views instead of condensing everything down to twenty second sound bites is what makes him a better candidate than the other Republicans. People aren't as stupid and short sighted as the press would like to think.

Then no problem right?

Ron Paul has the election locked up.

Did I say that? Sadly, he doesn't have a chance. The Republican establishment doesn't want a 'better' candidate. They want the same thing the Democratic establishment wants. They want somebody who will 'play ball' and maintain the status quo.

Last edited:
Why is that?

:eusa_eh:

LOL, Because Despite him being in 3rd or 4th in Every Single Major National Poll. They want us to believe he is the guy, Because they know he has NO chance of winning a General election.

Cmon Man MSNBC is the most blatantly biased Network on the Left. They don't just lean left, they are basically the Propaganda Arm of the Democrat Party. If they are saying Paul can win, and is the guy we should pick. Then you can bet he is the last guy we should pick.

LOL

And once again..it's because Paul starts this anti-regulation diatribe so it gets into how far are you are looking to go with this. Ron Paul could easily kibosh this whole thing by stating that he now believes the civil rights legislation was a good thing..and he now supports it. Instead he starts nonsense about property rights and the like. And this is part of the problem with a Ron Paul presidency. Yes..part of it is a dog and pony show.

Right. What you want is exactly what Ron Paul won't do. He won't dumb down what he's saying simply because some people will misunderstand it. Or because the press will deliberately misrepresent it. He has principled reasons why he thinks some of our civil rights legislation was a bad idea. If those reasons are too subtle for MSNBC, so be it. I don't think that's necessarily the case, but it seems to be the argument you're making; that he should drop all the nonsense about 'rights' and acquiesce to the simplistic solutions. The fact that he doesn't do that - that actually tries to explain his views instead of condensing everything down to twenty second sound bites is what makes him a better candidate than the other Republicans. People aren't as stupid and short sighted as the press would like to think.

Then no problem right?

You have to go back to FDR to find a president win re-election with such atrocious economic numbers, and I know you believe Obama is FDR/Lincoln & JFK incarnate, but he isn't.

Last edited:
... The fact that he doesn't do that - that actually tries to explain his views instead of condensing everything down to twenty second sound bites is what makes him a better candidate than the other Republicans. People aren't as stupid and short sighted as the press would like to think.

Then no problem right?

Did I say that? Sadly, he doesn't have a chance. The Republican establishment doesn't want a 'better' candidate. They want the same thing the Democratic establishment wants. The want somebody will 'play ball' and maintain the status quo.

Then why doesn't he run as an independent? Personally..I don't think Ron Paul wants the job. He wants to complain..and that's fine. We really do need people like that in government. I applaud him for that. He forces people to take a real look at their principles and ideals. He forces legislators to question whether or not what they are doing is right.

In short..he adds another dimension to the debate. And that in itself is a good thing.

Why is that?

:eusa_eh:

LOL, Because Despite him being in 3rd or 4th in Every Single Major National Poll. They want us to believe he is the guy, Because they know he has NO chance of winning a General election.

Cmon Man MSNBC is the most blatantly biased Network on the Left. They don't just lean left, they are basically the Propaganda Arm of the Democrat Party. If they are saying Paul can win, and is the guy we should pick. Then you can bet he is the last guy we should pick.

LOL

They're not saying he "can win". This thread is about them mentioning some straw poll wins and such.

Keep up, dude.

Right. What you want is exactly what Ron Paul won't do. He won't dumb down what he's saying simply because some people will misunderstand it. Or because the press will deliberately misrepresent it. He has principled reasons why he thinks some of our civil rights legislation was a bad idea. If those reasons are too subtle for MSNBC, so be it. I don't think that's necessarily the case, but it seems to be the argument you're making; that he should drop all the nonsense about 'rights' and acquiesce to the simplistic solutions. The fact that he doesn't do that - that actually tries to explain his views instead of condensing everything down to twenty second sound bites is what makes him a better candidate than the other Republicans. People aren't as stupid and short sighted as the press would like to think.

Then no problem right?

You have to go back to FDR to find a president win re-election with such atrocious economic numbers, and I know you believe Obama is FDR/Lincoln & JFK incarnate, but he isn't.

Well nothing to worry about then..right?

"Generic Republican Candidate" should beat Obama, handily.

Then no problem right?

Did I say that? Sadly, he doesn't have a chance. The Republican establishment doesn't want a 'better' candidate. They want the same thing the Democratic establishment wants. The want somebody will 'play ball' and maintain the status quo.

Then why doesn't he run as an independent? Personally..I don't think Ron Paul wants the job. He wants to complain..and that's fine. We really do need people like that in government. I applaud him for that. He forces people to take a real look at their principles and ideals. He forces legislators to question whether or not what they are doing is right.

In short..he adds another dimension to the debate. And that in itself is a good thing.

Sallow said:
Do NOT change or create a quote of another member!
:thup:

Then no problem right?

Oh, yeah that is brilliant. Ron Paul doesn't really want to win, he's just doing all this for attention.

And he has loyalty to the party that he has been apart of his entire political career, and perhaps he knows that running as an independent will ensure victory for Obama. Why won't he run as an independent? Because he wants to win.

Wins what? As for MSNBC, they'll try to paint Paul as a racist when it suits them.

He came in third in Iowa.

Won a NH young republican straw poll.

Ron Paul Wins New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll

I thought he came in second, and a very close second, in Iowa.

He did, Swallow once again is incorrect. Paul was a very very Close Second in IOWA, But Straw Polls are Meaningless. In almost every national Poll he is 3rd or 4th. He has some good Ideas, and can be good in a debate, But he also has some Ideas that Most Republicans would find scary and a tendency to go off on long winded Rants that often sound like he is out of his mind or suffering from Dementia.

0 Chance of winning a General Election.

Sallow said:
... but when it comes to president, I'd prefer a puppet.

:thup:

When did I post the puppet thing?

Or did you alter a quote?

He came in third in Iowa.

Won a NH young republican straw poll.

Ron Paul Wins New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll

I thought he came in second, and a very close second, in Iowa.

He did, Swallow once again is incorrect. Paul was a very very Close Second in IOWA, But Straw Polls are Meaningless. In almost every national Poll he is 3rd or 4th. He has some good Ideas, and can be good in a debate, But he also has some Ideas that Most Republicans would find scary and a tendency to go off on long winded Rants that often sound like he is out of his mind or suffering from Dementia.

0 Chance of winning a General Election.

Oh gosh.

Didn't you take you for a faggot..

To bad.

Oh..and no swallow.

No matter how nice you ask.

Fag.

MSLSD is hardly a bane to anybody -- excepting its sponsors, perhaps.

To qualify as a "bane," MSLSD would have to generate an audience.

MSLSD doesn't.

In actuality, MSLSD is just an irrelevancy.

Last edited:
Then no problem right?

Well nothing to worry about then..right?

"Generic Republican Candidate" should beat Obama, handily.

Generic republican candidate handily beats Obama, specifically all other candidates either beat him or narrowly lose in all national polls. I'm positive the 2011 Congressional elections were shocking to you too. Are you in the

nerwnz--wkyd8ljnpd6v8a.gif

Obama in Close Race Against Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Paul

Are you in that 20% that is satisfied with the direction of the country? 20%...yeah re-election is a lock for this president.

6ulj4di_yuqd2ryy1nos9w.gif

U.S. Satisfaction Dips to 20% in June

Forum List

Back