MSNBC - The bane of conservatives - is one of the few outlets acknowledging Paul wins

Did I say that? Sadly, he doesn't have a chance. The Republican establishment doesn't want a 'better' candidate. They want the same thing the Democratic establishment wants. The want somebody will 'play ball' and maintain the status quo.

Then why doesn't he run as an independent? Personally..I don't think Ron Paul wants the job. He wants to complain..and that's fine. We really do need people like that in government. I applaud him for that. He forces people to take a real look at their principles and ideals. He forces legislators to question whether or not what they are doing is right.

In short..he adds another dimension to the debate. And that in itself is a good thing.

Oh, yeah that is brilliant. Ron Paul doesn't really want to win, he's just doing all this for attention.

And he has loyalty to the party that he has been apart of his entire political career, and perhaps he knows that running as an independent will ensure victory for Obama. Why won't he run as an independent? Because he wants to win.

It's highly doubtful he'll ever get the Republican nomination.

But who knows?

Pigs might grow wings and fly.

Then why doesn't he run as an independent? Personally..I don't think Ron Paul wants the job. He wants to complain..and that's fine. We really do need people like that in government. I applaud him for that. He forces people to take a real look at their principles and ideals. He forces legislators to question whether or not what they are doing is right.

In short..he adds another dimension to the debate. And that in itself is a good thing.

Sallow said:
... but when it comes to president, I'd prefer a puppet.

:thup:

When did I post the puppet thing?

Or did you alter a quote?

Not to worry Sallow.. being a Democrat requires an abundance of memory suppression or so it seems..:lol:

Sallow said:
... but when it comes to president, I'd prefer a puppet.

:thup:

That's basically what you're saying.

"i think he's a great guy and he's great for government because he's principled and keeps the powers that be in check, but I'd rather have someone whose integrity can be swayed and whose mind can be changed in the oval office"

You want a guy who would cower to the establishment the moment they spoonfed him some bullshit that potentially conflicted with his ideals.

"Mr. President, if you don't do this the earth will explode and there will be dead baby bodies flying through space" ... "Yes master, give me the bill, I will sign it". :rolleyes:

Basically, you want a president with no balls.

You have to go back to FDR to find a president win re-election with such atrocious economic numbers, and I know you believe Obama is FDR/Lincoln & JFK incarnate, but he isn't.

Well nothing to worry about then..right?

"Generic Republican Candidate" should beat Obama, handily.

Generic republican candidate handily beats Obama, specifically all other candidates either beat him or narrowly lose in all national polls. I'm positive the 2011 Congressional elections were shocking to you too. Are you in the

nerwnz--wkyd8ljnpd6v8a.gif

Obama in Close Race Against Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Paul

Are you in that 20% that is satisfied with the direction of the country? 20%...yeah re-election is a lock for this president.

6ulj4di_yuqd2ryy1nos9w.gif

U.S. Satisfaction Dips to 20% in June

So you care about polls now?

If so..it's a lock.

Pop the corks and light the cigar!

I thought he came in second, and a very close second, in Iowa.

He did, Swallow once again is incorrect. Paul was a very very Close Second in IOWA, But Straw Polls are Meaningless. In almost every national Poll he is 3rd or 4th. He has some good Ideas, and can be good in a debate, But he also has some Ideas that Most Republicans would find scary and a tendency to go off on long winded Rants that often sound like he is out of his mind or suffering from Dementia.

0 Chance of winning a General Election.

Oh gosh.

Didn't you take you for a faggot..

To bad.

Oh..and no swallow.

No matter how nice you ask.

Fag.

You embody the left so eloquently. All of the obnoxiousness, immaturity, and intellectual dishonesty are encapsulated in your posts. Thank you for demonstrating it for everyone :clap2:

after reading close to two pages of this crud I just want to remind you that AFN (American forces network) carries all American news providers and they run on a one hour rotation. just as much FOX as their MSNBC. so thankfully, the boys defending our freedoms don't get caught up in this silly little argument. PBS also gets in on the rotation as well, thankfully.

you all should go back and reread your posts. :confused:

Conversely, I was going to post what a good read this has been. Not much in the way of personal attacks, just a nice, interesting discussion.

"i think he's a great guy and he's great for government because he's principled and keeps the powers that be in check, but I'd rather have someone whose integrity can be swayed and whose mind can be changed in the oval office"

You want a guy who would cower to the establishment the moment they spoonfed him some bullshit that potentially conflicted with his ideals.

"Mr. President, if you don't do this the earth will explode and there will be dead baby bodies flying through space" ... "Yes master, give me the bill, I will sign it". :rolleyes:

I don't alter quotes in that manner.

And I think it's against TOS.

Well nothing to worry about then..right?

"Generic Republican Candidate" should beat Obama, handily.

Generic republican candidate handily beats Obama, specifically all other candidates either beat him or narrowly lose in all national polls. I'm positive the 2011 Congressional elections were shocking to you too. Are you in the

nerwnz--wkyd8ljnpd6v8a.gif

Obama in Close Race Against Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Paul

Are you in that 20% that is satisfied with the direction of the country? 20%...yeah re-election is a lock for this president.

6ulj4di_yuqd2ryy1nos9w.gif

U.S. Satisfaction Dips to 20% in June

So you care about polls now?

If so..it's a lock.

Pop the corks and light the cigar!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's a good retort. I guess that is the best you have to demonstrate otherwise.

Besides I was demonstrating that specific candidates are leading in the polls.

I aint no Mod and don't play one on TV, but I do believe Sallow, old boy, you have a valid point.

There are but few rules here are USMB and intentional quote alteration is one of the most clearly defined offenses here.

Seems like someone oughta smarten up.

You didn't alter it, I did. Why would you alter your own quote? :lol:

I'm sure you'll be ok, though.

He did, Swallow once again is incorrect. Paul was a very very Close Second in IOWA, But Straw Polls are Meaningless. In almost every national Poll he is 3rd or 4th. He has some good Ideas, and can be good in a debate, But he also has some Ideas that Most Republicans would find scary and a tendency to go off on long winded Rants that often sound like he is out of his mind or suffering from Dementia.

0 Chance of winning a General Election.

Oh gosh.

To bad.

Oh..and no swallow.

Fag.

You embody the left so eloquently. All of the obnoxiousness, immaturity, and intellectual dishonesty are encapsulated in your posts. Thank you for demonstrating it for everyone :clap2:

And you embody the right so well. You expect people that you don't agree with to capitulate on the first attack..and if they attack back..you whine like crazy saying they've gone to far..they are mean..potato headed brutes.

Sorry.

I'm a brute.

:lol:

Which brings up a good point.

Say Paul was elected. What is the chance he could accomplish Absolutely Anything, with the DC status quo?

Oh gosh.

To bad.

Oh..and no swallow.

Fag.

And you embody the right so well. You expect people that you don't agree with to capitulate on the first attack..and if they attack back..you whine like crazy saying they've gone to far..they are mean..potato headed brutes.

Sorry.

I'm a brute.

:lol:

You aren't a brute, you are classless. You can't find the kind of name calling you have engaged in in any of my posts. Not one F-ing post.

Last edited:

Say Paul was elected. What is the chance he could accomplish Absolutely Anything, with the DC status quo?

0 chance.

So we should just keep electing the puppets, even though they keep fucking us.

And then we'll elect a puppet from the opposite party next time around to get a little 'change', even though we know that one will fuck us too.

It's cool, because each time around we have the other party to choose from to get back at the current one for fucking us!

I aint no Mod and don't play one on TV, but I do believe Sallow, old boy, you have a valid point.

There are but few rules here are USMB and intentional quote alteration is one of the most clearly defined offenses here.

Seems like someone oughta smarten up.

Yeah... glad to see the mods got on that right away. It's not much fun to be on a board where you can trust quotes.

So if he was elected president and he decides to end the conflict in Afghanistan, how does Congress stop him? I am asking in good faith, because as far as I understand Congress could not stop him as Commander and Chief of doing that.

0 chance.

So we should just keep electing the puppets, even though they keep fucking us.

And then we'll elect a puppet from the opposite party next time around to get a little 'change', even though we know that one will fuck us too.

It's cool, because each time around we have the other party to choose from to get back at the current one for fucking us!

I'll try again.

Can you respond without ranting? I really want to know if he could prevail, despite Congress likely lockstepping against him.

There's quite a lot he could do, just with a veto stamp. But especially on foreign policy. And the difference between him and pretenders like Obama is, he'd actually do it.

So if he was elected president and he decides to end the conflict in Afghanistan, how does Congress stop him? I am asking in good faith, because as far as I understand Congress could not stop him as Commander and Chief of doing that.

Thank you!! That's what I was asking.

What if he is serious about legitimizing marijuana (at the very least). Is that something he could make happen, or would he be at the full mercy of the House and Senate?

Last edited:
Fiscally.... Ron Paul wins, but his views on national defense kill his chances at ever winning.

Don't you mean his views on military adventurism?

I think his views on true national defense are just fine. But the Rightwing media is still infested with Neoconservatives wanting to expand The Empire.

Forum List

Back