MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

What you are saying is insane.

When you have kids, since they don't belong to you, I'll just take them and sell them out for sex to make a tidy little profit.

After all, they're just offspring who don't matter to you.

What the fuck are you talking about?
They don't matter. That is your attitude. thats what the fuck I'm talking about.

So what if someone wants to exploit them. Who the fuck are you to get in the way of that? If it doesn't harm the community and the community can make a buck off the children, why then the parents shouldn't have a say in how they are raised, should they? After all, your children aren't your property so we should be able to use them as we wish.

I think that your children, when you do have them, will do well as war fodder to expand the State.

You should be good with that.

I can't for the life of me figure out how you came up with this nonsense.

What have I said that implies ANY of that?

Oh and if you don't like the link I can give you CBC and CTV oh and the Toronto Star and the Globe and Mail.

Nobody cares. Really.

You are the strange one that claimed no one wants my children. I gave you a run down on them.

I happen to love the sons of guns. Well they are mine after all. My family is pretty cool too. Yours?

You are really odd. I said nobody wants them as in NOBODY WANTS TO TAKE THEM FROM YOU. Not as in nobody loves them.

The way you think is really fucked up. Weird as hell.

You know, we can save a ton of money by stopping prosecutions of people who don't feed or educate their children. After all, its the communities responsibility to do that. I can just have the wife pop them out every 11 months and we can breed an entire set of generations of children; all for the use of the community!

What a deal.....and I can stop paying for their education, their medical bills, their clothing......

Hey, were do I sign up?

If you haven't seen this new commercial from MSNBC, then you must watch it now.

In a new Lean Forward ad, Melissa Harris-Perry tells you that your kids don't belong to you, but they belong to the community. Ridiculous.

See the video at Cameron Harris: MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

WOW

Holy crap!!

The "liberals" want to run our childs lives from cradle to the grave, belonging to the government.

for their own good of course.

They don't matter. That is your attitude. thats what the fuck I'm talking about.

So what if someone wants to exploit them. Who the fuck are you to get in the way of that? If it doesn't harm the community and the community can make a buck off the children, why then the parents shouldn't have a say in how they are raised, should they? After all, your children aren't your property so we should be able to use them as we wish.

I think that your children, when you do have them, will do well as war fodder to expand the State.

They are NOT your property. That is what you said. You are NOT outraged by this because they aren't your property and since you don't feel that it is anywhere troubling that strangers will be responsible for your children, then you won't care what they do with them either.

After all....whats to be outraged about, eh?

You know....I think I can agree with this after all.

We take the children and make them the responsibility of the community. The community will be responsible or ensuring that each child is taught that government is evil. That each child will be required to learn, succeed and get a job to support themselves.

They will be taught that those who cannot support themselves should be thrown in detention camps where they can undergo further education on the role of being self reliance.

They should be taught that homosexuality is wrong.

They should be taught that it is unacceptable to take help from government.

They should be taught that liberal idealism is destructive to any and all civil societies.

yeah....lets do this.

In a new Lean Forward ad, Melissa Harris-Perry tells you that your kids don't belong to you, but they belong to the community. Ridiculous.

See the video at Cameron Harris: MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Let me help you with this one: "So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities."

That means that the community must protect the most vulnerable, the children.

At no point does she state or imply "don't belong to you", that parents don't have parental rights first and foremost. She NEVER says anything like that.

So, another filthy lie hack thread from the fringe right.

Why do all you people lie like dogs with your misleading thread titles.

Last edited:

They are NOT your property. That is what you said. You are NOT outraged by this because they aren't your property and since you don't feel that it is anywhere troubling that strangers will be responsible for your children, then you won't care what they do with them either.

It's true that I don't think that children are "property" of their parents, in the sense that no person is "owned" by anyone else.

That has nothing to do with why I'm not "outraged" by this.

I'm not "outraged" by this because she didn't say anything like what you guys seem to think she said.

Her little speech was a call to arms for education funding, not a secret plan to take your kids.

It's true that I don't think that children are "property" of their parents, in the sense that no person is "owned" by anyone else.

I'm not "outraged" by this because she didn't say anything like what you guys seem to think she said.

Her little speech was a call to arms for education funding, not a secret plan to take your kids.
Her call to arms, as you say, was nothing like you describe. A call to arms for more education does not start with a statement that your children do not belong to you and that the community is responsible for them.

Nothing can be further from the truth.

It begins with a single step.....

Tell the government to go fuck off. We can educate our children much better than she can.

BTW...most people understand that when someone says, "my children belong to Me", they are not speaking of ownership such as slaves.

"Children aren't property"

So if they aren't your children, your property, whose would they be? My children are my responsibility and therefore my property until the age of 18 years. It's quite that simple. You not having any children speaks to your inexperience on this issue. Your attitude will change if all of a sudden the government decides that it owns your children.

Last edited:

WOW

Holy crap!!

The "liberals" want to run our childs lives from cradle to the grave, belonging to the government.

for their own good of course.

There are no parents or husbands in "Life of Julia"...just Julia and her gubmint overseers.

Kids belong to Jesus.

Exactly....they belong to nobody.

You're joking right?

Her call to arms, as you say, was nothing like you describe. A call to arms for more education does not start with a statement that your children do not belong to you and that the community is responsible for them.
She made no such statement.

She said nothing that implies taking away any responsibility or rights from the parents.

"Responsibility" isn't a zero-sum game. I can take "responsibility" for my brother's daughter while I'm babysitting her without that implying that I'm lessening his parental rights or responsibilities.

Tell the government to go fuck off. We can educate our children much better than she can.

You do know that Melissa Perry isn't part of "the Government", right?

Kids belong to Jesus.

Exactly....they belong to nobody.
Wrong. They are MINE to protect from the likes of you.

I realize you all think you are being slick.....but you aren't. We aren't speaking of property ownership and you well know it.

Nobody cares. Really.

You are the strange one that claimed no one wants my children. I gave you a run down on them.

I happen to love the sons of guns. Well they are mine after all. My family is pretty cool too. Yours?

You are really odd. I said nobody wants them as in NOBODY WANTS TO TAKE THEM FROM YOU. Not as in nobody loves them.

The way you think is really fucked up. Weird as hell.

Good grief you don't understand bantering at all.

Bantering. Two individuals enjoying a verbal joust last time I looked. Having fun with words.

Chill out for true. I was just trying to keep it light.

She made no such statement.

She said nothing that implies taking away any responsibility or rights from the parents.

"Responsibility" isn't a zero-sum game. I can take "responsibility" for my brother's daughter while I'm babysitting her without that implying that I'm lessening his parental rights or responsibilities.

You do know that Melissa Perry isn't part of "the Government", right?

You take responsibility for the safety of that child to ensure no harm comes to it while, and only, when in your care. While you babysit, I can guarentee that your 'sister' would not allow you to teach her child beliefs that she opposes. To do so does lessen her parental responsibility and places you in the category of 'community'. A position of abuse.

I know that Melissa Perry is an advocate for government takeover of parental rights. You did know that, right?

Let me help you with this one: "So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities."

That means that the community must protect the most vulnerable, the children.

At no point does she state or imply "don't belong to you", that parents don't have parental rights first and foremost. She NEVER says anything like that.

So, another filthy lie hack thread from the fringe right.

Why do all you people lie like dogs with your misleading thread titles.

today

but as we all know, progs are never ever satisfied.

You don't care today, and when the government owns the children, you won't care then either, b/c you will explain it to yourself that it must be ok, b/c it's my team removing that right.

Forum List

Back