Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

The token was just along for the ride

Couldn't even fully compete. Instead for carried.

U.S. women's sabre team wins bronze
Lets see your Olympic medals then.
I bet he keeps them right next to the presidential ballot with your name on it.
Oh wait, you wouldnt voice opinion on a candidate if you had not run at least once yourself right?
Isnt it just a tad ironic that you are defending free speech on a thread where people want to deny that to a great American athlete ?

When will you defend her right to free speech ?
free speech is fine but the bitch is making up bullshit lies.
its obvious she wants her terrorist friends in the country so they can kill more Americans.
Isnt it funny how idiots like you will defend her and agree with her when she outright lies.
Her views are pretty mainstream and would be considered moderate in the wider world.

Mainstream?

It's not mainstream to support Palestine. It's not mainstream to want all Jews and Christians dead.

It's actually pretty despicable that you think this belief is mainstream.

You are being silly. Wearing n item of clothing does not affect anybody. Refusing service to minorities does. Stop trying to play the victim card to mask bigotry.

Her wearing that offends me.

It was refusing service. It was exercising religious beliefs. Difference.

Her wearing the Hijab doesn't offend me, as in I'm offended. Her wearing the Hijab is an anti-Western statement, in Western nations we don't wear such apparel, if someone is in a Western nation they adhere to Western customs, including clothing.

If I went to an Islamic nation, they would demand that I covered my hair or else they'd go batshit crazy and start the usual screaming at me.

When in Rome, do as the Romans, why can't Muslims understand this, more importantly why can't Leftists understand this?

The way I see it, wearing a hijab is like wearing a kippah, or head scarf for orthodox Jews, or a turban for Sikhs or a Nun's headcovering. It doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights, it's a part of religious freedom. It's not like a burka or niqab, that hide a person's face or cause issues in certain jobs, or security. I see it as reasonable in a free society.

Are any of those other examples you give illustrating a partition between males and females in society?

The Hijab in Islam, the women must wear the Hijab outdoors in the presence of adult males outside of their immediate family, so when at home, they don't have to wear the Hijab, but in the presence of all males not in their family, they must wear it.

How is this pro-women, when the Hijab effectively is used by Muslim men to control the female members of their family?

How is this also religious freedom and reasonable in a free society?
Also Christian women aren't required to wear nuns habits, so that comparison is absurd - a stupid false equivalency and straw man. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if Christian women went around dressed as nuns? Also, a tiny percentage of Christian women CHOOSE to become nuns and wear the habit. Christian women are not obliged to dress as a nun outside of their home, or in the presence of men not related to them, and some don't even wear the habit.

On the other hand, Orthodox Jews are required to cover their hair, just like conservative Muslims. Why does it only bother you when a Muslim woman CHOOSES to follow that aspect of her faith? You don't complain when she's Jewish.

Oh wait, you wouldnt voice opinion on a candidate if you had not run at least once yourself right?
Isnt it just a tad ironic that you are defending free speech on a thread where people want to deny that to a great American athlete ?

its obvious she wants her terrorist friends in the country so they can kill more Americans.
Isnt it funny how idiots like you will defend her and agree with her when she outright lies.
Her views are pretty mainstream and would be considered moderate in the wider world.

Mainstream?

It's not mainstream to support Palestine. It's not mainstream to want all Jews and Christians dead.

Where has she called for all Jews and Christians dead ? Stop making things up .

Her wearing the Hijab doesn't offend me, as in I'm offended. Her wearing the Hijab is an anti-Western statement, in Western nations we don't wear such apparel, if someone is in a Western nation they adhere to Western customs, including clothing.

If I went to an Islamic nation, they would demand that I covered my hair or else they'd go batshit crazy and start the usual screaming at me.

When in Rome, do as the Romans, why can't Muslims understand this, more importantly why can't Leftists understand this?

The way I see it, wearing a hijab is like wearing a kippah, or head scarf for orthodox Jews, or a turban for Sikhs or a Nun's headcovering. It doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights, it's a part of religious freedom. It's not like a burka or niqab, that hide a person's face or cause issues in certain jobs, or security. I see it as reasonable in a free society.

Are any of those other examples you give illustrating a partition between males and females in society?

The Hijab in Islam, the women must wear the Hijab outdoors in the presence of adult males outside of their immediate family, so when at home, they don't have to wear the Hijab, but in the presence of all males not in their family, they must wear it.

How is this pro-women, when the Hijab effectively is used by Muslim men to control the female members of their family?

Also Christian women aren't required to wear nuns habits, so that comparison is absurd - a stupid false equivalency and straw man. Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if Christian women went around dressed as nuns? Also, a tiny percentage of Christian women CHOOSE to become nuns and wear the habit. Christian women are not obliged to dress as a nun outside of their home, or in the presence of men not related to them, and some don't even wear the habit.

On the other hand, Orthodox Jews are required to cover their hair, just like conservative Muslims. Why does it only bother you when a Muslim woman CHOOSES to follow that aspect of her faith? You don't complain when she's Jewish.

Chooses? See what happens to a Muslim woman if she refuses.

She's just an ordinary Olympian athlete who had the skill to get a spot on the team. And because the media made a fuss over her wearing a hajib, everyone is shredding her character, even calling her a "loser". As if they could get a spot on the team (channel surfing not yet being an Olympic sport).

We should be cheering every member of our teams...

In the US, and Western countries, we have that choice - whether we are Muslim or Jewish. That's the difference :)

In the US, and Western countries, we have that choice - whether we are Muslim or Jewish. That's the difference :)

There have been ''honor killings'' in this country.

Yes. Very few though. And there have been domestic violence killings. And there have been women killed for not adhering to percieved standards of "propriety". That doesn't mean we don't have that choice.

Yes. And there have been domestic violence killings. And there have been women killed for not adhering to percieved standards of "propriety". That doesn't mean we don't have that choice.

But, that other was not the topic. We could go way down that slippery slope.

When has a Jewish woman won what the raghead did?

I should tell you, Meathead still hasn't explained the dirty underwear thing he keeps obsessively mentioning.

In Orthodox Judaism, it's Tzniut, the trait of modesty and humility, concerned with the dress of the women.

The hair covering is known as dat Moshe, meaning the law of Moses.

There are in the Haredi community different types of head covering, from the dramatic of the women deliberately having ALL of their head hair shaved off, so they're bald by choice and they wear a wig known as a Sheitel or the Mitpachat, which is a scarf.

Yes. And there have been domestic violence killings. And there have been women killed for not adhering to percieved standards of "propriety". That doesn't mean we don't have that choice.

But, that other was not the topic. We could go way down that slippery slope.

Not really...the thing is, women are free to choose how to express their religious beliefs in this country. You point out honor killings. Those are rare, but are of a type of violence that is not unique to only Islam. Many Muslim women in this country don't choose to wear a hijab and don't get killed for it. Many do choose it, and they choose it as an outward expression of their faith. Nothing wrong with that. It's like a Christian woman wearing a cross, or a Jewish man wearing a kippah, or an orthodox Jewish woman covering her head, or a Sikh man wearing a turban.

Mainstream?

Well Left-Wing Extremists always think that they're mainstream.

I should tell you, Meathead still hasn't explained the dirty underwear thing he keeps obsessively mentioning.

In Orthodox Judaism, it's Tzniut, the trait of modesty and humility, concerned with the dress of the women.

The hair covering is known as dat Moshe, meaning the law of Moses.

There are in the Haredi community different types of head covering, from the dramatic of the women deliberately having ALL of their head hair shaved off, so they're bald by choice and they wear a wig known as a Sheitel or the Mitpachat, which is a scarf.

Exactly, and it's the same thing with Muslim women - an expression of modesty and humility. And in this country, and even in many Muslim majority countries, it is a choice not legally mandated. I could care less what they choose to do.

Mainstream?

Promoting Palestine means you support their manifesto. To kill off Jews and Christians. We have enough ridiculously Palestine protests in south Florida and they are despicable

Mainstream?

Promoting Palestine means you support their manifesto. To kill off Jews and Christians. We have enough ridiculously Palestine protests in south Florida and they are despicable

Not true. It can be as simple as supporting their right to a nation and self determination. Killing Christians off? Stupid statement. Killing Jews off? Hamas maybe.

Mainstream?

"To kill off Jews and Christians."

Which is exactly same reason why the Leftist Extremists, who are pro-Migrant Extremists and pro-Muslim immigration Extremists want all of the Muslims in America and Europa, so they can gear up to start killing off as many Christians and Jews on our two Continents.

It's not as if we don't know the Leftist's insane Agenda, or what they call Globalism and Multiculturalism.

It's 100% impossible to be pro-Islam and be also pro-Christianity and pro-Judaism.

If someone supports Islam, they're against both Christianity and Judaism, if someone is pro-Muslim, then they do despise Christians and Jews.

Someone cannot be pro-Islam and pro-Christianity and pro-Judaism, when Islam wants to eradicate Christians and Jews.

Mainstream?

Does she support Islam, yes or no?

If she did, then shut up, and read your Qur'an.

Quran (2:191-193)

"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing..."

Pretty clear huh?

Quran (2:244)

"Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216)

"Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (9:29)

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

People of the Book- What does that mean?

People of the Book - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People of the book is an early phrase used for Christians, and Jews.

So bottom line..... you either believe the Qur'an, and you believe that Jews and Christians should be forced to covert or murdered..... or you are not a Qur'an believing Muslim.

So I'll ask you for the last time:

Does she support Islam, yes or no? YES... or NO. One or the other dude.

Forum List

Back