Multiculturalism and Sharia

An acquaintance of mine, who was from South Dakota, once remarked, quite matter-of-factly -

'Where I grew up in South Dakota, there weren't any black people...

...so we had to hate the Indians.'

That symbolizes modern American conservatism perfectly.

Apostasy is the rejection of faith and is considered a very serious offense in Islam for which the punishment is death.....

That symbolizes modern American liberalism perfectly....

I can find more conservative bigots than you can find liberals who want to kill people because of they left any religion.
Tell that to the clerics and parishioners who get slaughtered at the pinnacle of most Leftist armed revolutions.

Otherwise, as a rule, Liberals are too busy sitting on their own people, and offering their backsides to foreigners, as a matter of policy, to bother with killing people.

Last edited:
Another poster put this up....succinct and correct.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Become in every facet an American?

Isn't the right to retain or even choose your own manners of diversity - provided they don't themselves break laws or harm others -

isn't that as fundamental an American principle, and right, as any other?

Apostasy is the rejection of faith and is considered a very serious offense in Islam for which the punishment is death.....

I can find more conservative bigots than you can find liberals who want to kill people because of they left any religion.
Tell that to the clerics and parishioners who get slaughtered at the pinnacle of most Leftist armed revolutions.

Otherwise, as a rule, Liberals are too busy sitting on their own people, and offering their backsides to foreigners, as a matter of policy, to bother with killing people.

The actual poster that I actually responded to specified 'modern American liberals'.

The actual poster that I actually responded to specified 'modern American liberals'.
Indeed.

The worst amongst our own Liberals (hyper-Leftist Revolutionary types) are prevented from killing Religious by our laws and Constitution.

As to Liberals striving energetically to create a nanny-state dependency by which to sit upon the shoulders of the common folks, or in proferring their backsides to foreigners in matters of international relations and policy, well... I was referring to 'modern American liberals' myself... an easily discernible and defensible spitball.
wink_smile.gif

Last edited:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Isn't the right to retain or even choose your own manners of diversity - provided they don't themselves break laws or harm others -

Spoken like a true hater of America.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Why would you encourage immigrants who did not wish to be Americans? I once had the great privilege to teach citizenship classes and help with English as a second language classes for new immigrants. And I was privileged to watch those in my classes stand proudly repeat the Pledge of Allegiance, and take their citizenship oath to receive their citizenship status as Americans. They were still of Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Nicaraguan heritage or whatever, and we had great fun as they shared components of their respective cultures with us all, but they wanted to be Americans. They wanted to embrace and conform to and fit in with our uniquely American culture. We were lucky to get those people.

But now we have a new breed of immigrant who thumbs their noses at American principles, ideals, and culture and who demand that we accommodate them as they transform their piece of this country into the hellish or depressing places they left to come here. Why would we want to encourage that? How can that not weaken us as a nation, as a people, as a culture? Language, borders, culture--when these things are ignored, we will become something very different than what we are. And we won't like the difference.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Spoken like a true hater of America.

You have racism in your blood, so it's probably appropriate to at least partially excuse your otherwise odious opinions on this subject.

Is it un-American for an immigrant not to convert to Christianity, in the interest of stamping out 'diversity'?

― Theodore Roosevelt

Why would you encourage immigrants who did not wish to be Americans? I once had the great privilege to teach citizenship classes and help with English as a second language classes for new immigrants. And I was privileged to watch those in my classes stand proudly repeat the Pledge of Allegiance, and take their citizenship oath to receive their citizenship status as Americans. They were still of Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Nicaraguan heritage or whatever, and we had great fun as they shared components of their respective cultures with us all, but they wanted to be Americans. They wanted to embrace and conform to and fit in with our uniquely American culture. We were lucky to get those people.

But now we have a new breed of immigrant who thumbs their noses at American principles, ideals, and culture and who demand that we accommodate them as they transform their piece of this country into the hellish or depressing places they left to come here. Why would we want to encourage that? How can that not weaken us as a nation, as a people, as a culture? Language, borders, culture--when these things are ignored, we will become something very different than what we are. And we won't like the difference.

Why should all Americans submit to a narrowminded crackpot rightwing version of what it means to be an American?

[

During the 1800s, the several states began to prohibit abortion on demand. It was well understood that the federal government had no constitutional authority to prevent them from doing so.

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.

That is simply a function of how our system works. Laws not challenged in court, and overturned, are de facto 'constitutional', that is, they can remain in effect.

Roe was the first Supreme Court challenge to anti-abortion laws. In the 1800's, remember, at

least for a time, it was well understood that the federal government could not prevent states from legalized slavery.

Slavery was ended by the Fourteenth Amendment in the aftermath of the Civil War. That was a step forward. Roe v. Wade was a step backwards.

An acquaintance of mine, who was from South Dakota, once remarked, quite matter-of-factly -

'Where I grew up in South Dakota, there weren't any black people...

...so we had to hate the Indians.'

That symbolizes modern American conservatism perfectly.

really...are you sure of that...? because i can count about 55 million people aborted from life since Roe v Wade....

Why should all Americans submit to a narrowminded crackpot rightwing version of what it means to be an American?

Hmmm, submit to a rightwing crackpot who understands what it means to be an American. Or submit to somebody like you? Tough decision. But I will go even with a crackpot who understands what it is to be an American than with somebody who sees no problem with destroying that concept and would even allow it to be displaced.

1. The OP has it exactly wrong. She should study the concept of Revanchism whereby a small group of citizens get stuck in a hermetically sealed bubble where they are told they are victims of a culture war. These poor souls - often lacking the analytical skills that come with higher education - are encouraged to take their country back from the secularists, baby killers, illegals, liberals, islamo-fascists and gays ... all of whom have deeply infiltrated our nation's political, news, entertainment and educational organs. They have literally created an industry around victimization where poor white men drive around in pickup trucks, listening to talk radio, gripping their steering wheel in rage over those god dam liberals who have destroyed their lives. The Republican Party systematically divides Americans against each other - they have created an industry of hate against liberals and anyone who doesn't share their values. They prey upon the poor, convincing them that they are victims who must take their country back by supporting the tax, regulatory and trade policies that have literally destroyed the middle class.

2. The OP's cut and paste rant against value pluralism is tired and well traveled. Read Allan Bloom's "The Closing of the American Mind" for a very solid defense of this stuff. Hitler had the same problems with multiculturalism and liberal tolerance. He thought the real Germany had been destroyed by over-assimilating the Jews and other groups who were weakening traditional German culture. The OP proves that talk radio doesn't teach history.

Hmmm, submit to a rightwing crackpot who understands what it means to be an American. Or submit to somebody like you? Tough decision. But I will go even with a crackpot who understands what it is to be an American than with somebody who sees no problem with destroying that concept and would even allow it to be displaced.

What's unAmerican about what I described?

"...to retain or even choose your own manners of diversity - provided they don't themselves break laws or harm others..."

Looking at the idiocy going on in Europe. well, I am starting to believe islam is the way to go ;) At least for them.

Sweden would be a more free place! Can't wait to read about it a decade from now. Fuckking fascist bastards.

yes....Sweden or France or England are all great examples of why we should let into our country as many of those Islamists as possible.....:rolleyes:

[

During the 1800s, the several states began to prohibit abortion on demand. It was well understood that the federal government had no constitutional authority to prevent them from doing so.

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.

That is simply a function of how our system works. Laws not challenged in court, and overturned, are de facto 'constitutional', that is, they can remain in effect.

Roe was the first Supreme Court challenge to anti-abortion laws. In the 1800's, remember, at

least for a time, it was well understood that the federal government could not prevent states from legalized slavery.

Slavery was ended by the Fourteenth Amendment in the aftermath of the Civil War. That was a step forward. Roe v. Wade was a step backwards.

That's an irrelevant aside to this discussion. Without fetal personhood protections in the Constitution, but with privacy rights protections in the Constitution,

Roe was a good constitutional decision.

― Theodore Roosevelt

Your strong desire to keep to your own kind is exactly what you're trying to condemn others for, i.e., having the same desire.

This discussion is still retarded. Sharia law does not have any chance of ever becoming US law, no matter how many radical Muslims move into the US and vote for it.

Forum List

Back