Musk agrees with idea that only people with children should be able to vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unconstitutional, but a sound idea in theory.

No, it is not a sound idea. It is taking away constitutional rights of citizens.

And just because someone is unable to have a child doesn't mean they are not capable of choosing our leaders. The same applies to those who choose not to have children.

No, it is not a sound idea. It is taking away constitutional rights of citizens.

And just because someone is unable to have a child doesn't mean they are not capable of choosing our leaders. The same applies to those who choose not to have children.

I suppose those who choose to adopt would qualify in this theoretical scenario.

How on earth is it a sound idea? I shouldn’t be allowed to vote cause I don’t have kids? Really?

I would, however, support a system like in the movie Starship Troopers where the population is split into civilians and citizens.

Everyone is born a civilian and enjoys access to education, opening a business, protection under the law, etc. Voting and holding political office is, however, reserved for citizens. To become a citizen one must complete a term in Federal Service (ie military). No draft. All volunteer. Voting and holding office should be a privilege that’s earned not something given for free

Last edited:
Humor apparently goes over too many heads. Hyperbole is too often taken at face value. America and the world lacks the capacity for objectivity and reflection.
There used to be courses in the problems of democracy. There used to be requirements for passing public education. These served to qualify the population for the necessary processes of democratic republicanism. That should be the means of assuring a competent voting public. It must also be acknowledged that certain individuals may not be reliable for inclusion in that public.

THREAD LOCKED - Read the rules for starting a thread in Zone 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back