Musk orders executives back to work

I know right, how dare employees stand up for themselves. Next thing you know they will want weekends off or sick leave.

What is our world coming to
Like this. So much drama over saying you have to go the office. A job isn't a right and they aren't making you pull 16 hour shifts in a coal mine with no breaks. They are paying you. Do what they want you to do or go work somewhere else.

Like this. So much drama over saying you have to go the office. A job isn't a right and they aren't making you pull 16 hour shifts in a coal mine with no breaks. They are paying you. Do what they want you to do or go work somewhere else.

I agree with your last sentence. Or one can make themselves valuable enough the company may say "ok, you can keep working from home"

Elon Musk tells Tesla workers to return to the office full time or resign

So it is past time that the Kung Flu, which was released upon the world by Joe Biden and China, is over, because the deaths are nil, and people know how far the left went to steal an election. But Elon is tired of paying people to not do their jobs. Good for him. Maybe it should be President Trump/ Elon Musk for VP. A very powerful team.

1654189098309.png

I suppose you could get nothing done at the office just as easily as you could at home.

Or, exert pressure on the bosses.

Why can you guys never puzzle out this option?

I agree with your last sentence. Or one can make themselves valuable enough the company may say "ok, you can keep working from home"
Companies are figuring out that they can operate in more expensive labor markets using labor from less expensive labor markets.

Mortgage lending is a standout, here. Putting an experienced MLO or mortgage underwriter in an office in San Francisco is going to cost you $250K, in addition to the office overhead.

Paying the same position to work at home from Evansville, IN will cost you $125K to write the same mortgages. And they pay the electric bill.

I know right, how dare employees stand up for themselves. Next thing you know they will want weekends off or sick leave.

What is our world coming to
Work is work. Not play. Not your personal comfort oriented.
Very difficult to eliminate distractions and diversions at home. The easier , softer way has ruined American work ethic

Very difficult to eliminate distractions and diversions at home. The easier , softer way has ruined American work ethic
Maybe your work ethic is subpar and easily diminished.

I was easily more productive, working from home. MUCH fewer distractions.

There's more to the story than what appears here from just Musk's POV?

Is America ready to accept being dictated to by the very wealthy?
Is this an indication of a move toward fascism?
Will Trump become involved or would he be sending a dangerous message to the working class that supports Trump?

It's a slippery slope folks.

The ironic part of my experience...

My company loved just following the caseload and bringing us back in whenever our county went "orange" or better.

Then I would sit in an office and do everything by phone and zoom meetings.

Clearly the only advantage my company saw was that I would be so much more productive in the office, that the extra expense was justified.

They were wrong.

Maybe your work ethic is subpar and easily diminished.

I was easily more productive, working from home. MUCH fewer distractions.
When you reach age 21 and have actually embarked on a full time job where parents are no longer taking care of you then we will be delighted to hear your experiences.
For now you are spewing Liberal feelings solely

The more comfortable the worker, the more they produce.

Depends on the home I suppose. I have been working from home since March of 2020. I have far less distractions and diversions at home than I did in the office. It is just me and the wife and she works 12 hour shifts. At the office I had people stopping by my cube all the time to talk and shot the shit.

When you reach age 21 and have actually embarked on a full time job where parents are no longer taking care of you then we will be delighted to hear your experiences.
For now you are spewing Liberal feelings solely
Haha, little sock troll retreats to his tantrum Alamo. Every time.

The more comfortable the worker, the more they produce.

Depends on the home I suppose. I have been working from home since March of 2020. I have far less distractions and diversions at home than I did in the office. It is just me and the wife and she works 12 hour shifts. At the office I had people stopping by my cube all the time to talk and shot the shit.
Work is about work
It’s not about comfort and fun

Work is about work
While that may be true of ditch diggers, most companies actually try to make their workers more comfortable and try to foment an enjoyable workplace. You sound like a grumpy old man in a porch swing in his robe and flip flops.

Work is about work

As stated above, that would depend on the job. I do do not dig ditches or climb poles to fix powerlines.

You remind me of a store manager I had the short time I worked for the Commissary agency. She asked me once why I was nice to my employees and I told her a happy employee was a good employee. She laughed out loud at me. That is you.

As stated above, that would depend on the job. I do do not dig ditches or climb poles to fix powerlines.

You remind me of a store manager I had the short time I worked for the Commissary agency. She asked me once why I was nice to my employees and I told her a happy employee was a good employee. She laughed out loud at me. That is you.
I think you don’t work. Sure theorize like you don’t

Forum List

Back