Muslim Bakeries Refuse To Make Gay Wedding Cake...& No Rabid Protests From Liberals?

Unconstitutional laws constitute lawlessness. Now you're just chasing your tail, peon.
This is as ignorant as it is wrong.

State public accommodations laws are in fact Constitutional:

‘As we have pointed out, 32 States now have [public accommodations laws] and no case has been cited to us where the attack on a state statute has been successful, either in federal or state courts. Indeed, in some cases, the Due Process and Equal Protection Clause objections have been specifically discarded in this Court. Bob-Lo Excursion Co. v. Michigan, 333 U.S. 28, 34 n. 12 (1948). As a result, the constitutionality of such state statutes stands unquestioned. "The authority of the Federal Government over interstate commerce does not differ," it was held in United States v. Rock Royal Co-op., Inc., 307 U.S. 533 (1939), "in extent or character from that retained by the states over intrastate commerce." At 569-570. See also Bowles v. Willingham, 321 U.S. 503 (1944).'

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional as authorized by the Commerce Clause.

And again, as you have demonstrated in post after post exhibiting your bigotry and hate toward gay Americans, such laws are very much necessary and proper.

What does going to the baker down the street have to do with interstate commerce?

It has to do with equal protection under the law. States can't have discriminatory laws that violate the Constitution.

You mean your version of the Constitution. Involuntary servitude violates the Constitution also.
So...your version of the Constitution doesn't have the 14th Amendment?

Of course it does, faghadist marriage was illegal at the time it was ratified and more than a hundred years after, nothing changed. Men are still men and women are still women, they all had the same access to marriage at the time the court ruled for the faghadist. There was no discrimination.

Link please. Back up your claims or admit your a liar.

Denial.

Read the thread. Or be called a liar.

What double standards? Specificly - provide a link.

Denial.

When was the last time you heard of a Muslim baker being sued and fined for discriminating against a gay couple? Because unlike Christianity, there will be serious backlash if a Muslim is forced to violate his faith's teachings.

Let’s Blame Christianity For Everything, And Islam For Nothing

This, calling for "White America" to answer for the Charleston Church Massacre:

Charleston church massacre: The violence white America must answer for

As compared to this, saying Islam isn't responsible for the Tsarnaev brothers, who bombed the Boston Marathon.

I am not the Tsarnaevs
Can you at least acknowledge that the Muslim bakers live in a state where refusing to bake a wedding cake for gay people isn't illegal? Or will you continue to ignore that rather important point?

Can you threaten me with burning crosses on my lawn, graffitti on my house, and death threats?

What about if you go to Starbucks in Florida and we scream at you, does that work?

Can you threaten me with burning crosses on my lawn, graffitti on my house, and death threats?
What about if you go to Starbucks in Florida and we scream at you, does that work?

You can scream at me all you want, in what ever state you want, as long as the owner doesn't mind you disturbing the peace. You can yell at me on the sidewalk, you can yell at me in the street. What you can't make me do is bake a cake if it is against my religion.
One has to wonder...if your religion makes you pick and choose whom you can bake cakes for....why the heck are you in the cake baking business?

That's not for you to decide.

Its a cake people, there lots of bakeries. Find one that wants to make it, pay for it and eat it already.

I can sympathize with being rebuffed. A wedding is a huge deal and it's an emotional deal. It's an even huger deal when it's something that's been long denied to you. You should be able to have a reasonable expectation of being treated like any other customer looking for the same product. Now if the person went looking for a refusal, I'd have no sympathy but that isn't the case in the Oregon case.

Making a purchase in a retail store is different than having someone cater an event. It was the event the baker objected to.

No, it's the same.

Wrong.

When a state law is enacted, the state is responsible for enforcing it.

Then why can NC enforce theirs? When any law is passed, whether it be one you like or don't, the state is obligated to enforce it, correct?

Yes, otherwise why pass it? I don't agree with it but what is the point of passing a law?

We had a case several years ago here in Fallbrook where a couple set up a TeePee in their back yard and had drum circles going at all hours of the night. The neighbors complained and the city told them to stop after 10 due to noise ordinances. The couple claimed religious freedom to do drum circles...Guess what...they lost...even tho they claimed that the city ordinance went against their religion.

They were obviously interfering with the right of their neighbors to enjoy their property. Whose rights are the bakers interfering with?

Unconstitutional laws constitute lawlessness. Now you're just chasing your tail, peon.

‘As we have pointed out, 32 States now have [public accommodations laws] and no case has been cited to us where the attack on a state statute has been successful, either in federal or state courts. Indeed, in some cases, the Due Process and Equal Protection Clause objections have been specifically discarded in this Court. Bob-Lo Excursion Co. v. Michigan, 333 U.S. 28, 34 n. 12 (1948). As a result, the constitutionality of such state statutes stands unquestioned. "The authority of the Federal Government over interstate commerce does not differ," it was held in United States v. Rock Royal Co-op., Inc., 307 U.S. 533 (1939), "in extent or character from that retained by the states over intrastate commerce." At 569-570. See also Bowles v. Willingham, 321 U.S. 503 (1944).'

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional as authorized by the Commerce Clause.

And again, as you have demonstrated in post after post exhibiting your bigotry and hate toward gay Americans, such laws are very much necessary and proper.

What does going to the baker down the street have to do with interstate commerce?

It has to do with equal protection under the law. States can't have discriminatory laws that violate the Constitution.

You mean your version of the Constitution. Involuntary servitude violates the Constitution also.

Where does the 14th give queers the right to be served by a business?

When a state law is enacted, the state is responsible for enforcing it.

Then why can NC enforce theirs? When any law is passed, whether it be one you like or don't, the state is obligated to enforce it, correct?
I believe NC will be enforcing theirs. I look forward to someone like this....

images

walking into the womens' room in NC because he was born female and has that on his birth certificate.

Let them enforce.....until action is taken to get the law repealed........WHICH IS...what I've been telling posters all along is what they should do with PA laws they don't like.

Yes, otherwise why pass it? I don't agree with it but what is the point of passing a law?

So then, why does that standard fail when a state passes a ban on same sex marriage? The United States has immigration laws, so why, when liberals argue illegal immigration, does that standard on enforcing them suddenly fail?

Why pass laws if you won't enforce them? Why pass laws via referendum only to have them struck down by the Supreme Court? Rather pointless, agree?

Here's what I would do. I would talk to the customers and say, I am very religious and this goes against what I believe. I would appreciate you getting a cake at another shop I know that will bake you a great cake. If you insist I bake it, it will be the best cake you ever had and this will be the last time I bring up my religion with you.

Its a cake people, there lots of bakeries. Find one that wants to make it, pay for it and eat it already.

I can sympathize with being rebuffed. A wedding is a huge deal and it's an emotional deal. It's an even huger deal when it's something that's been long denied to you. You should be able to have a reasonable expectation of being treated like any other customer looking for the same product. Now if the person went looking for a refusal, I'd have no sympathy but that isn't the case in the Oregon case.

Making a purchase in a retail store is different than having someone cater an event. It was the event the baker objected to.

No, it's not. Catering an event is like putting a roof on someone's house, or mowing their lawn.

You can't discriminate.

BS.

Of course it does, faghadist marriage was illegal at the time it was ratified and more than a hundred years after, nothing changed. Men are still men and women are still women, they all had the same access to marriage at the time the court ruled for the faghadist. There was no discrimination.
And we worked thru the legal system to have laws we considered unjust repealed or struck down in court. We worked long and hard for that victory. If gay people in America had just sat at our computers and whined about unfair laws instead of actually working to get the laws changed, gay sex would probably still be illegal and we'd probably still get fired for being gay everywhere. The power of Political Action! :clap:

I think government should not compel any citizen to do business with another citizen. Explain what's "exempt" about that standard.

Stop being an idiot
Then work to get rid of PA laws.

I am you stupid dyke, how many times do I need to explain that to you? Do you have a learning disability? Do you have a learning disability? Do you have a learning disability? Do you have a learning disability? Did I ask you that question before? No?
And why do you have to be rude? What is it exactly you are doing to get rid of PA laws in your state? Tell us.

Oh, and I do apologize if you have told us in the past....I've missed it....could you link or point out where you did so?

He's rude because you're a dingbat who refuses to give a straight answer to a straight question. Dodging, dancing and weaseling and running away are your stock in trade.
I see that you insult instead of debate civilly too. Speaking of dodging...notice how Kaz claims to have answered my question about what she is doing to get rid of PA laws in her state....and yet cannot show me where she made that answer. Perhaps you've seen it and can point it out to me? Be a pal and point it out.

He has answered it as well as you have ever answered any question. You don't debate civilly a dingbat who refuses to give a straight answer to a straight question, who dodges and weasels and runs away. You want civil debate? Then try actually debating.

It's just religion people. You want to have a religion that's unconstitutional, move to another country. lol

Religion is suppose to be Constitutionally protected moron.

It's protection is limited. Where's that Mormon practice of polygamy nowadays?

...and you 't find cake a strange dividing line?

Why is polygamy illegal, if the Mormons practice of polygamy was part of their religion?

Probably because of RIGID definition of marriage.. Now that THAT'S off the table, the Mormons just might get another shot eh?? Add Polyamory to that list of applicants for equal treatment whilst you're at it...

Link please. Back up your claims or admit your a liar.

Denial.

Read the thread. Or be called a liar.

Simple question. Can you answer it, or will you deflect? Provide a link for your claims or admit you are a liar.

What double standards? Specificly - provide a link.

Denial.

Provide a link for your claims or admit you are a liar.

When was the last time you heard of a Muslim baker being sued and fined for discriminating against a gay couple? Because unlike Christianity, there will be serious backlash if a Muslim is forced to violate his faith's teachings.

Uh what? Do you have any actual data to prove that - not conjecture - data?

You realize that, overall, there have been very few cases come to court over this - regardless of religion? In addition, it only applies to states that have a non-discrimmination law on the books (like Oregon and Colorado). On top of that you have Christians making up some 70% of the population and Muslims, a bare .9% so you are going to have to look hard to find a Muslim baker of wedding cakes (especially since wedding cakes are not a typical part of a Muslim wedding).

Let’s Blame Christianity For Everything, And Islam For Nothing

This, calling for "White America" to answer for the Charleston Church Massacre:

Charleston church massacre: The violence white America must answer for

As compared to this, saying Islam isn't responsible for the Tsarnaev brothers, who bombed the Boston Marathon.

I am not the Tsarnaevs

blah blah blah - and this has WHAT do do with discrimination against same-sex couples...or, are you just going off on another anti-Islam rant that has nothing to do with the topic?

What do you think would happen to the bakers if they told the government to take its $100,000 fine and stick it where the sun don't shine?
What has happened...the fine goes up. Just like if you refuse to pay any kind of fine, like for illegal parking, or safety/health violations of your business (more rules/laws you must follow to have a business license), etc.
And when the baker doesn't pay the new higher fine?

It's quite telling you and your liberal friends won't apply the your oh so tolerant standards to Muslim bakers that you would to Christians. Why?
If you mean the example in Michigan....you DO know that Michigan doesn't include sexual orientation in their PA laws, right?

Now...if the Muslim bakers in Michigan refused to bake a cake for Christers.....they should be fined (they would have been fined)

If the Muslim bakers were in a state such as Oregon that does include sexual orientation in their PA laws....they should be fined (they would have been fined).

So you have no problem with not having a law forcing a baker to serve queers? Is that what you're saying?
In Michigan, that IS the law. I may not like it...but I don't live in Michigan.....I DO live in a state where sexual orientation is protected by PA laws. If I lived in Michigan, I'd probably be actively working to get sexual orientation added to the state PA laws.

And we worked thru the legal system to have laws we considered unjust repealed or struck down in court. We worked long and hard for that victory. If gay people in America had just sat at our computers and whined about unfair laws instead of actually working to get the laws changed, gay sex would probably still be illegal and we'd probably still get fired for being gay everywhere. The power of Political Action! :clap:

How can a law be "unjust" in your view when you believe that rights are whatever the law says? No law, no right, no injustice.

What has happened...the fine goes up. Just like if you refuse to pay any kind of fine, like for illegal parking, or safety/health violations of your business (more rules/laws you must follow to have a business license), etc.
And when the baker doesn't pay the new higher fine?

It's quite telling you and your liberal friends won't apply the your oh so tolerant standards to Muslim bakers that you would to Christians. Why?
If you mean the example in Michigan....you DO know that Michigan doesn't include sexual orientation in their PA laws, right?

Now...if the Muslim bakers in Michigan refused to bake a cake for Christers.....they should be fined (they would have been fined)

If the Muslim bakers were in a state such as Oregon that does include sexual orientation in their PA laws....they should be fined (they would have been fined).

So you have no problem with not having a law forcing a baker to serve queers? Is that what you're saying?
In Michigan, that IS the law. I may not like it...but I don't live in Michigan.....I DO live in a state where sexual orientation is protected by PA laws. If I lived in Michigan, I'd probably be actively working to get sexual orientation added to the state PA laws.

So is the law just or unjust in Michigan?

Here's what I would do. I would talk to the customers and say, I am very religious and this goes against what I believe. I would appreciate you getting a cake at another shop I know that will bake you a great cake. If you insist I bake it, it will be the best cake you ever had and this will be the last time I bring up my religion with you.

And that is a really reasonable and decent way to handle it.

Forum List

Back