Muslim Bakeries Refuse To Make Gay Wedding Cake...& No Rabid Protests From Liberals?

It has to do with equal protection under the law. States can't have discriminatory laws that violate the Constitution.

You mean your version of the Constitution. Involuntary servitude violates the Constitution also.
So...your version of the Constitution doesn't have the 14th Amendment?

Of course it does, faghadist marriage was illegal at the time it was ratified and more than a hundred years after, nothing changed. Men are still men and women are still women, they all had the same access to marriage at the time the court ruled for the faghadist. There was no discrimination.
And we worked thru the legal system to have laws we considered unjust repealed or struck down in court. We worked long and hard for that victory. If gay people in America had just sat at our computers and whined about unfair laws instead of actually working to get the laws changed, gay sex would probably still be illegal and we'd probably still get fired for being gay everywhere. The power of Political Action! :clap:

You mean the power of perversion and bad conduct. Like I said there was no discrimination in the laws.
I get that you don't like to think that Gay Americans are equal citizens with you. Bummer for you.

You haven't offered any.

You see what you want to see. You approach any opposing posts with blindfold in hand.
Speaking of blindfolds...did you ever acknowledge....are you ever going to acknowledge that the Muslim bakeries under discussion are in Michigan where it is legal for an business....Muslim....Christer...whatever...to refuse service based on sexual orientation?

Yes, Islam is a very conservative religion and yes, they tend to be homophobic

Oooh, that's crossing a line Coyote.

Comparing them to conservatives? Don't think you'll get away with it. That thinly veiled slight at conservatives is a bit petty don't you think?

They don't "tend" to be homophobic, they are routinely homophobic.

If it's a set up, I think it's wrong. As I said in the original case - they had dealt with this baker many times before and had a reasonable expectation that this time would be no different. But I think other cases have been deliberately seeking out someone who would refuse them - it's like baiting. If you want to get married, it should be a joyous and love filled affair - you do not want someone involved who does not support it.

Set up or not, the Muslims bakeries did the same exact thing that got a Christian bakery heavily fined and bashed by the left. Either bakeries can refuse based on religious beliefs or not. No exceptions. We can't let Muslims off the hook because they are a minority.

What if bakeries made it clear that they are religious? When libs talk about Muslims, they ask why anyone would go there knowing their views on gays. Why can't Christians get the same considerations?

You want to let Muslims off the hook because they were "baited" and because people should know they'll refuse. In other words, they are given a pass for discriminating because of their religion, but Christians will be heavily fined and bashed. You don't think Christian bakeries will be baited at every turn?

The Christian bakery paid a hefty fine and will go out of business. The Muslim bakeries who refused service should get the same. Either that or allow religious freedom and find another place since many are happy to cater to same sex weddings.

I would never want to force someone to serve me against their will. Bad karma!!!

blah blah blah - and this has WHAT do do with discrimination against same-sex couples...or, are you just going off on another anti-Islam rant that has nothing to do with the topic?

Denial.

For the record, Islam has even more hostile feelings toward gay couples than Christians do. Once again, you make my point. You're excusing Muslims from any consequences for "discriminatory" behavior.

"B-but, Christians!"

Excuse me? Do you actually read what is written or are you in such a hurry to provide your answers you completely overlook it? Seriously?

Yes, Islam is a very conservative religion and yes, they tend to be homophobic. So what does that have to do with this?

Who is EXCUSING anyone? Again (though I won't hold my breath as you have steadfastly refused to back up your claims) - please provide a link where I have excused Muslims for discrimminatory behavior.

All I have done - and continue to do - is ask for examples of Muslim bakers that have refused to provide a service for a gay wedding and your only claim is there are a ton of them but everyone is afraid to complain :rolleyes-41:.

I'll go one step further and point out that the OP provided videos purporting to show this and of those examples one was a baker that didn't even make wedding cakes.

If the Muslim baker refused to provide a service to a same sex couple that he would have provided to a hetero couple - then he is no different than the Christian baker. He is discrimminating. If this occurred in a state where there are anti-discrimmination then they may face a lawsuit. Just like the Christian baker.

Is that clear enough for you or do we have to sit through more accusations of "denial" and still no evidence to support your claims?

You folks need to get your terms right.

pho·bi·a1
[ˈfōbēə]
NOUN
  1. an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something:
I don't know anyone who has an irrational fear of faghadist, they just don't like their conduct. Got it. There's no such thing as homophobia except in the regressive mind. Of course you folks tend to blow everything out of proportion trying to score political points.

Yes, Islam is a very conservative religion and yes, they tend to be homophobic

Oooh, that's crossing a line Coyote.

Comparing them to conservatives? Don't think you'll get away with it. That thinly veiled slight at conservatives is a bit petty don't you think?

They don't "tend" to be homophobic, they are routinely homophobic.
Did you realize that the word "conservative" isn't owned by you?

Here:

con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv/
adjective
  1. holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
    synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool, hidebound, unadventurous, set in one's ways
  2. a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics.
    synonyms: right-winger, reactionary, rightist, diehard

Who is EXCUSING anyone? Again (though I won't hold my breath as you have steadfastly refused to back up your claims) - please provide a link where I have excused Muslims for discrimminatory behavior.

I backed up my claims. You dismissed them. Here's how I see it, the moment you acknowledge the proof I posted is the moment your argument dies.

You accused me of going on an anti-Islamic rant, while completely sidestepping the revelation that liberals (apparently you included) do practice religious double standards when it comes to Christianity and Islam.

Last edited:
If it's a set up, I think it's wrong. As I said in the original case - they had dealt with this baker many times before and had a reasonable expectation that this time would be no different. But I think other cases have been deliberately seeking out someone who would refuse them - it's like baiting. If you want to get married, it should be a joyous and love filled affair - you do not want someone involved who does not support it.

Set up or not, the Muslims bakeries did the same exact thing that got a Christian bakery heavily fined and bashed by the left. Either bakeries can refuse based on religious beliefs or not. No exceptions. We can't let Muslims off the hook because they are a minority.

What if bakeries made it clear that they are religious? When libs talk about Muslims, they ask why anyone would go there knowing their views on gays. Why can't Christians get the same considerations?

You want to let Muslims off the hook because they were "baited" and because people should know they'll refuse. In other words, they are given a pass for discriminating because of their religion, but Christians will be heavily fined and bashed. You don't think Christian bakeries will be baited at every turn?

The Christian bakery paid a hefty fine and will go out of business. The Muslim bakeries who refused service should get the same. Either that or allow religious freedom and find another place since many are happy to cater to same sex weddings.

I would never want to force someone to serve me against their will. Bad karma!!!
The Muslim bakeries were in a state (Michigan) where it is NOT against the law to refuse service based on sexual orientation. How do you propose that a Muslim baker by fined when they didn't break the law?

I swear, doesn't anybody read anymore?

I backed up my claims. You dismissed them. Here's how I see it, the moment you acknowledge the proof I posted is the moment your argument dies.

You accused me of going on an anti-Islamic rant, while completely sidestepping the revelation, that liberals (apparently you included), do practice religious double standards when it comes to Christianity and Islam.
Both are fantasies....both have nice people...both have assholes...both can breed fanatics who are dangerous.

You mean your version of the Constitution. Involuntary servitude violates the Constitution also.
So...your version of the Constitution doesn't have the 14th Amendment?

Of course it does, faghadist marriage was illegal at the time it was ratified and more than a hundred years after, nothing changed. Men are still men and women are still women, they all had the same access to marriage at the time the court ruled for the faghadist. There was no discrimination.
And we worked thru the legal system to have laws we considered unjust repealed or struck down in court. We worked long and hard for that victory. If gay people in America had just sat at our computers and whined about unfair laws instead of actually working to get the laws changed, gay sex would probably still be illegal and we'd probably still get fired for being gay everywhere. The power of Political Action! :clap:

You mean the power of perversion and bad conduct. Like I said there was no discrimination in the laws.
I get that you don't like to think that Gay Americans are equal citizens with you. Bummer for you.

BS, they've always been equal, equal wasn't good enough. I'm getting tired of nudist being discriminated against, after all, weren't we all born that way? So come on and try to lecture me on social norms, I dare ya.

Do any of you RW'ers out there realize that you have lost this battle and that's the end of it?

It's just the beginning. We are losing our rights by a thousand cuts. Our government has actually discussed making it a crime not to believe in global warming. It is going to get much worse. What Obama wasn't able to accomplish for the U.N., Clinton will finish.

It's protection is limited. Where's that Mormon practice of polygamy nowadays?

...and you 't find cake a strange dividing line?

Why is polygamy illegal, if the Mormons practice of polygamy was part of their religion?

Probably because of RIGID definition of marriage.. Now that THAT'S off the table, the Mormons just might get another shot eh?? Add Polyamory to that list of applicants for equal treatment whilst you're at it...
Here's what I would do. I would talk to the customers and say, I am very religious and this goes against what I believe. I would appreciate you getting a cake at another shop I know that will bake you a great cake. If you insist I bake it, it will be the best cake you ever had and this will be the last time I bring up my religion with you.
And that's the civilized thing to do...If everyone behaved that way, it would be a much better world.
That is exactly what sweetcakes did.

No, it wasn't.
Yes, it is.

The Muslim bakeries were in a state (Michigan) where it is NOT against the law to refuse service based on sexual orientation. How do you propose that a Muslim baker by fined when they didn't break the law?

I swear, doesn't anybody read anymore?

I missed that because there are no protests from the left the way there is in NC. Are liberal artists cancelling their shows in states that don't force religious people to do things?

Last edited:
The easiest example is this. The liberal reaction to Chick-fil-A. They attempted boycotts because the son of the late Truett S. Kathy stated that he supported traditional marriage and opposed gay marriage. Those boycotts backfired and turned into a veritable financial gold mine for the restaurant. Even in the midst of all that, they still bought the gasoline which powered their cars from a country who makes homosexuality a crime punishable by death.

The big difference is that as Christians, we won't kill you because you're gay (and those that do don't belong Christianity to begin with).

km-6.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back