🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Muslim workers fired over prayer dispute

No breaks at all at this plant?

If they'd needed a smoke break, no one would have objected.
The filthy rag heads had basically taken over when the plant. What the fucking rag heads wanted was to turn the plant into a filthy fucking shithole failing business just like back where they came from. Finally someone stood up to the rag heads and fired them.
If the rag heads had their way the entire country would resemble Somalia in a decade.
Filthy pigs anyway.
Shouldn't talk about Catholics that way. They can't help their pathetic nature......

Cargill is under no obligation to provide religious relief...I hope that included work on religious holidays and Sundays....without overtime....just another day.
Religious people of many different denominations want special treatment

I remember we hired some Seventh Day Adventist and she accepted the position even though it required fFriday evening and Saturday hours then all she did was whine that we weren't sensitive to her superstition

I asked her why she accepted the job when the posting specifically stated that Friday evening and Saturday hours were required

I refused to change her schedule and she quit

IMO this is no different.

Cargill is under no obligation to provide religious relief...I hope that included work on religious holidays and Sundays....without overtime....just another day.
Religious people of many different denominations want special treatment

I remember we hired some Seventh Day Adventist and she accepted the position even though it required fFriday evening and Saturday hours then all she did was whine that we weren't sensitive to her superstition

I asked her why she accepted the job when the posting specifically stated that Friday evening and Saturday hours were required

I refused to change her schedule and she quit

IMO this is no different.
Just like every religious zealot she thought she could bring her religion into the workplace. I once worked at a saw mill on the booms. Every fucking shift this asshole would try to 'preach the gospel' to us during our breaks. He even brought a bible to the lunch table a tried to get us to fucking pray before eating our lunch.
He was a new fucking convert zombie.
We warned him to knock it off. He would not. One night for some reason the asshole got beat within an inch of his life.
This is what needs to happen to the fucking muslims who want to turn America into a violent shithole like where they came from.

An employer is not obligated to cater to the superstitions of his employees.

Actually, yes....they do to some extent - it's called "reasonable accommodation" for freedom of religion:

Fact Sheet on Recent EEOC Religious Discrimination Litigation

What you call reasonable I might find unreasonable

As an employer I am obligated to provide a certain number of paid and unpaid breaks

That is all

Well...not according to the law - there is an exectation of "reasonable" accommodation for religion. In this particular case, I think the reasonable accommodation standard was met.

The company has the right of it legally. Period.

If the company had Saturday hours, and you were Seventh Day Adventists, you had to make a choice. Period.

Forum List

Back