Muslims in America Condemn Extremists and Fear Anew for Their Lives

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

No sane person is suggesting violence against Islamic Americans. If you have specific evidence of a recent rash Muslim persecution in America please post specific links. Otherwise....it is a straw man argument.

The real victims are the Christians and Jews murdered by the jihadist nut bags in Paris and California. That is where my concern lies and where your concern should lie. Thank you.
Suggesting? Idiots are doing more than just suggesting. They are actually attacking people.

Link(s)
Read the thread. I dont have time to hold your hand for you.

Muslims are lucky they live here....muslims murdered 3000 people on 9/11 and muslim blood was left untouched......a fake story about a koran being flushed down the toilet and muslims rioted and murdered people in the middle east.....they have never been under threat and I am F*****g tired of you left wing types accusing us of actions that never happen and never will happen...we are not muslims....we do not attack innocent people to punish the guilty...that is what muslims do in the middle east, not Americans......CAIR is a group that comes out of the terrorist group the muslim brotherhood......they should be laughed off the stage......

Terrorists murdered 3000 people.

And yes, some of you DO attack innocent people.

That is what I said...muslim terrorists murdered 3,000 people..not catholics, mormons or zoroastrians.....
No. You said this.
"..muslims murdered 3000 people on 9/11"

I dont see the word "terrorist" in that sentence.
They weren't Muslims?
What does that have to do with him claiming he said "muslim terrorists" when he didnt?
They're both. So how is he wrong?

Muslims are lucky they live here....muslims murdered 3000 people on 9/11 and muslim blood was left untouched......a fake story about a koran being flushed down the toilet and muslims rioted and murdered people in the middle east.....they have never been under threat and I am F*****g tired of you left wing types accusing us of actions that never happen and never will happen...we are not muslims....we do not attack innocent people to punish the guilty...that is what muslims do in the middle east, not Americans......CAIR is a group that comes out of the terrorist group the muslim brotherhood......they should be laughed off the stage......

That is what I said...muslim terrorists murdered 3,000 people..not catholics, mormons or zoroastrians.....

No. What you said was: "Muslims are lucky they live here....muslims murdered 3000 people on 9/11 and muslim blood was left untouched...."

And muslim blood was not left untouched.

Remember the Sikh temple massacre? It was only the killers ignorance of religion that made him think Sikh's were Muslim.

Funny you remember obscure things like that CAIR girl:eusa_think: muslims have never been targeted in this country. That obvious, because you want millions more shipped here. We must be a pretty good place for muslims in your mind:thup:
Thats some unmitigated bull shit. :laugh:

Hate crimes against Muslims in US have skyrocketed during ‘war on terror’

Sky rocketed from where? hate crimes are much more prevalent against Jews. our collage campuses are being infested with nutjobs form the middle east, student visas ect. and the O.P. CAIR girl supports them

No. You said this.

They weren't Muslims?
What does that have to do with him claiming he said "muslim terrorists" when he didnt?
Because he got caught lying when he claimed he said "muslim terrorists" when he didnt. Matter of fact he actually admitted it later so you can stop being his pet anytime now.

No. What you said was: "Muslims are lucky they live here....muslims murdered 3000 people on 9/11 and muslim blood was left untouched...."

Remember the Sikh temple massacre? It was only the killers ignorance of religion that made him think Sikh's were Muslim.

Funny you remember obscure things like that CAIR girl:eusa_think: muslims have never been targeted in this country. That obvious, because you want millions more shipped here. We must be a pretty good place for muslims in your mind:thup:

Sky rocketed from where? hate crimes are much more prevalent against Jews. our collage campuses are being infested with nutjobs form the middle east student visas ect. and the O.P. CAIR girl supports them

Youre deflecting. Focus. Hate crimes against muslims occurred and continue to do so despite your claim that muslims are not being attacked.

You said....

...muslims have never been targeted in this country.

Last edited:

Sky rocketed from where? hate crimes are much more prevalent against Jews. our collage campuses are being infested with nutjobs form the middle east student visas ect. and the O.P. CAIR girl supports them

The last hate crime data I saw indicated Jews are the most attacked religious group in America. But lets not let the facts get in anyone's way.

The last hate crime data I saw indicated Jews are the most attacked religious group in America. But lets not let the facts get in anyone's way.

Both of you are getting confused. This is not a contest to see who is getting attacked the most. I am simply pointing out that the claim that muslims were never targeted in this country is bullshit.

Another one supported by CAIR girl "Coyote" she is all over this board and others, pushing her muslim discrimination crap. She's on a mission and i want people to know about it

See...when you use the word "Facts," to a lefty...they hear that noise the parents make on a Charlie Brown Cartoon...

For example......you say ....

But let's not let the facts get in anyone's way.......

The left winger hears...

But lets not let the "blah blah" get in anyone's way......

Their minds cannot comprehend facts, the truth, reality, the difference between right and wrong and the difference between good and evil.....their minds are just not made to understand those things....

Both of you are getting confused. This is not a contest to see who is getting attacked the most. I am simply pointing out that the claim that muslims were never targeted in this country is bullshit.

No one ever said that..........but thanks for lying...

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

No sane person is suggesting violence against Islamic Americans. If you have specific evidence of a recent rash Muslim persecution in America please post specific links. Otherwise....it is a straw man argument.

The real victims are the Christians and Jews murdered by the jihadist nut bags in Paris and California. That is where my concern lies and where your concern should lie. Thank you.
Yes. In fact I go out of my way to be nice to Arab Americans to let them know I don't look down on them any more than I do Christians. If they want to believe that's OK with me as long as its OK with them I don't.

No one ever said that..........but thanks for lying...

I know you are on the lower end of the intelligence spectrum but its right here on the same page dude. Ask Jroc if he said this or not.

...muslims have never been targeted in this country.

Last edited:

See...when you use the word "Facts," to a lefty...they hear that noise the parents make on a Charlie Brown Cartoon...

For example......you say ....

But let's not let the facts get in anyone's way.......

The left winger hears...

But lets not let the "blah blah" get in anyone's way......

Their minds cannot comprehend facts, the truth, reality, the difference between right and wrong and the difference between good and evil.....their minds are just not made to understand those things....

Russians think or believe they are good and you are evil.

Chinese think they are good and you are evil.

Isis thinks they are good and you are evil.

No. You said this.

They weren't Muslims?
Because he got caught lying when he claimed he said "muslim terrorists" when he didnt. Matter of fact he actually admitted it later so you can stop being his pet anytime now.
tumblr_l2dlvpofJb1qzpph3o1_500_9959.jpg

No. You said this.

They weren't Muslims?
tumblr_l2dlvpofJb1qzpph3o1_500_9959.jpg
I like laughing at you. Why should I calm down? :laugh:

Just cuz Muslims have brought terrorism to our soil....doesn't mean we have to be a bunch of Islamaphobes......

I'll say it again since obviously you can't understand it.

NOBODY INSTRUCTED CHRISTIANS TO KILL ANYONE. God says "must be put to death." He didn't say WHO would do it. And he wasn't talking to Christians, he was talking to Israelites.

I'm ignoring you because you're misinterpreting scripture to read what you want it to read.
Doesnt matter what you say. He was never talking to christians if thats the case. He was talking to everyone that followed the bible.

I dont have any particular position on what it says. I just know it says it.

The thing with christians are that they are hypocrites. Even though Jesus says he is the son of god christians dont want to believe it. They want to believe he is god.
Wrong again. I can't believe you.
I'm a Mormon. Jesus is Jehovah. God is Elohim
We don't believe their the same person, we believe they're as separate as you and I. We believe Jesus is the son of His Father Elohim. We believe they both have bodies of flesh and bone so how can they be the same person.
btw, just a side note, if you knew the Bible as well as you profess you would know that God and Jesus are supposed to be capitalized.
Mormons are a backwards off shoot of christians. I wasnt talking about your sub-religion. I was talking about mainstream christians. I never professed to know the bible that well but great deflection. Not concerned with what you think should be capitalized. If it bothers you that much just pretend i capitalized god and jesus.
Just out of curiousity are you a Muslim? My neighbor is a Muslim from Turkey, and he uses alot of the same arguments you do?

NOBODY INSTRUCTED CHRISTIANS TO KILL ANYONE. God says "must be put to death." He didn't say WHO would do it. And he wasn't talking to Christians, he was talking to Israelites.

I'm ignoring you because you're misinterpreting scripture to read what you want it to read.
Doesnt matter what you say. He was never talking to christians if thats the case. He was talking to everyone that followed the bible.

The thing with christians are that they are hypocrites. Even though Jesus says he is the son of god christians dont want to believe it. They want to believe he is god.
We don't believe their the same person, we believe they're as separate as you and I. We believe Jesus is the son of His Father Elohim. We believe they both have bodies of flesh and bone so how can they be the same person.
btw, just a side note, if you knew the Bible as well as you profess you would know that God and Jesus are supposed to be capitalized.
Mormons are a backwards off shoot of christians. I wasnt talking about your sub-religion. I was talking about mainstream christians. I never professed to know the bible that well but great deflection. Not concerned with what you think should be capitalized. If it bothers you that much just pretend i capitalized god and jesus.
Just out of curiousity are you a Muslim? My neighbor is a Muslim from Turkey, and he uses alot of the same arguments you do?
No. I am not a muslim. I dont believe in fairytales of invisible beings one has to die in order to see.

No. I am not a muslim. I dont believe in fairytales of invisible beings one has to die in order to see.
So what drove you to lose your faith?

So what drove you to lose your faith?
The Problem of Evil I'd bet. Killed the faith of many a Jew in WWII and many a Christian in The Great War...

Forum List

Back