My 8 year old is more logical than half of America

One of my coworkers' sons is going to juvenile court next week for assault because he smacked a classmate in the head for repeatedly calling him a faggot. Kid warned him but the other kid wouldn't stop. So my coworker's son hit him. Kid wasn't hurt--no blood or bruises. His parents pressed charges and the D.A. decided to "make an example of him" because they were getting sick of the fights at the high school. So this kid, who is really not a bad kid and definitely not a bully, is going to have a juvenile record. The most ironic part is, this past week while they were on break, the two boys were back to hanging out together. No issues. If only his parents could let the storm clouds pass like that.

being called a "faggot" is essentially assault - any good lawyer should be able to win this case

what state are you in?

I would be counter suing the school for enabling a culture of intimidation - would be a million dollar suit

I'm in Alabama, I would win my suit, or they would drop the charges

I would also counter sue the parents

again, I am in Bham, I would win no issue - your friend needs to be proactive & find a good lawyer - counter sue the other parents and the district

seriously

So he told me one of his friends at school was getting picked on by a bigger kid. He sat idle for a while but got tired of it and hit him in the face.
I sat him down and explained that he should never use violence to protest violence or bullying. It only leads to more violence. I appreciate the loyalty, bravery and friendship, but he handled the situation wrong.
He told me I was right. Here is some exact words "you are right daddy. It doesn't make much sense to fight meanness with more meanness." I told him its put him on the same level that he is fighting against.
In fact, he has no problem admitting when he is wrong. Ever. And I think that is fucking GREAT.
I thought to myself, this boy is intellectually honest and logical. He is fucking smarter than half the country.
Im talking to YOU you fascist nut jobs! My second grader is smarter than you. How does that make you feel?
Hypocrisy solves NOTHING. Grow up America.
sometime the weaker kids need others to stand up for them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Your entire premise is in error. Your son did something another kid will find helpful in life. That is what we're all about in the US. That is why we went to germany. It's why there is war abroad. To help those who cannot help themselves. Sorry dude, you're wrong.
One of my coworkers' sons is going to juvenile court next week for assault because he smacked a classmate in the head for repeatedly calling him a faggot. Kid warned him but the other kid wouldn't stop. So my coworker's son hit him. Kid wasn't hurt--no blood or bruises. His parents pressed charges and the D.A. decided to "make an example of him" because they were getting sick of the fights at the high school. So this kid, who is really not a bad kid and definitely not a bully, is going to have a juvenile record. The most ironic part is, this past week while they were on break, the two boys were back to hanging out together. No issues. If only his parents could let the storm clouds pass like that.
I have a grandson going through the same thing. He ended up punching that kid for constantly calling him a fking retard. My grandson has Cerebral Palsey. The kid was pushing him and taunting him in class. At times, it is necessary to make a point. Even if the point is a punch. It is to gain leverage back that you lose to the taunt.

The bully kid hasn't gone after him again.

There had to be more to your coworkers story.

See, the difference..your grandson had hands laid upon him.

You get to defend yourself.

You don't get to punch people in the face for calling names. Sorry.
sure you do. why do you suppose some kids commit suicide? you have to come out and play once and awhile to see the world correctly. words can hurt as much as a punch.

NO REASON to put their hands on another child.

you would be wrong

sometimes, telling the teacher makes things worse

kid needs to learn discernment - I agree that violence is a last resort, but, if a kid were hitting a girl and I found out my son didn't step in, he'd get in trouble for that

my son would also be in trouble with me if another kid hit him & he ran away to go cry to the teacher; a trip to the priciple's office is FAR BETTER than having the other kids think you are weak & easy prey...

that's 2 situations where violence is warranted and the most appropriate reaction
I almost agree with that.
A funny story(not really relevant though considering age) but this guy I used to work with went to a bar one night. The dude starting beating the shit out of his girlfriend or wife. He ran up and knocked the guy off and got on top and starting punching his face in. The chick grabbed a barstool and knocked him out. Nicest guy you will ever meet, but he said he would NEVER help out a woman against a man again LOL

So he told me one of his friends at school was getting picked on by a bigger kid. He sat idle for a while but got tired of it and hit him in the face.
I sat him down and explained that he should never use violence to protest violence or bullying. It only leads to more violence. I appreciate the loyalty, bravery and friendship, but he handled the situation wrong.
He told me I was right. Here is some exact words "you are right daddy. It doesn't make much sense to fight meanness with more meanness." I told him its put him on the same level that he is fighting against.
In fact, he has no problem admitting when he is wrong. Ever. And I think that is fucking GREAT.
I thought to myself, this boy is intellectually honest and logical. He is fucking smarter than half the country.
Im talking to YOU you fascist nut jobs! My second grader is smarter than you. How does that make you feel?
sometime the weaker kids need others to stand up for them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Your entire premise is in error. Your son did something another kid will find helpful in life. That is what we're all about in the US. That is why we went to germany. It's why there is war abroad. To help those who cannot help themselves. Sorry dude, you're wrong.

Yeah here's the thing..

You don't get to HIT people because you don't like what they SAY. No matter how annoying.

Kid is a snowflake and probably mentally ill. Juvy is a good place for him.
Actually, he's autistic, but he does pretty well.

you would be wrong

kid needs to learn discernment - I agree that violence is a last resort, but, if a kid were hitting a girl and I found out my son didn't step in, he'd get in trouble for that

my son would also be in trouble with me if another kid hit him & he ran away to go cry to the teacher; a trip to the priciple's office is FAR BETTER than having the other kids think you are weak & easy prey...

that's 2 situations where violence is warranted and the most appropriate reaction
I almost agree with that.
A funny story(not really relevant though considering age) but this guy I used to work with went to a bar one night. The dude starting beating the shit out of his girlfriend or wife. He ran up and knocked the guy off and got on top and starting punching his face in. The chick grabbed a barstool and knocked him out. Nicest guy you will ever meet, but he said he would NEVER help out a woman against a man again LOL
some women love the fight.

you would be wrong

I teach young children, who literally have no time where there isn't an adult nearby. They don't have the capacity to decide when "enough is enough" at that age. Like I said, telling the teacher isn't frowned upon at this age.
that's true. But it will be in middle school.

Words are not a reason to get violent, guys. Don't you guys say that all the time about protestors and muslims and shit? And look at you right now!
I'll disagree with you. some words drive kids to suicide. so that is just flat out wrong.

But not every kid.

Some kids find a way to live through verbal abuse, and keep their sense of self-worth.
sometimes kids fight back. you're right. the weak commit suicide. bullying is evil. It is what is happening in Berkley. bullying by the left. my way, whine, my way, whine, bullying is unacceptable and must be dealt with. No matter what the outcome is.

Words are not a reason to get violent, guys. Don't you guys say that all the time about protestors and muslims and shit? And look at you right now!
I'll disagree with you. some words drive kids to suicide. so that is just flat out wrong.
If words drive a kid to suicide, they had problems anyways, honestly. Kids should understand words don't harm you. YOU let words harm you.

You are teaching him to be a pussy.

Violence is only a problem when you exceed the level directed against you with malicious intent, or you are the instigator.
Re-read the OP. Then apologize :thup:
You told your kid that violence doesn't solve bullying when it is literally the ONLY thing that stops bullying.

I was bullied constantly when I was a kid, and the only time it ever stopped was when I literally overpowered the bullies in physical might. When I "matured" in middle school I was mercilessly bullied by half my class to the point that I thought about suicide numerous times.

Dumbass kids raised by dumbass liberal parents only know violence, so your kid has to be able to speak their language if he wants to survive at all in this world.

Tell the truth: you quoted that from Gandhi, didn't you?

I am sorry that you were bullied, and I.mean that sincerely.

I taught my own children that violence was a last resort, not a first reaction. At school, I have to tell the kids that there is NO REASON to put their hands on another child. I tell them that they have to tell the teacher. Luckily, I teach an age group in which tattling is common and not that frowned upon.
The teachers at my middle school largely didn't care, and that school was so overrun with hoodlums that it took them a decade after radical busing changes to actually be able to even start handling it(still a shitty school in a middle of an otherwise fantastic neighborhood)

The only teacher that cooperated with my parents' concerns was the PE teacher, and that only led to one of kids that was picking on me to becoming even MORE aggressive.

The real world doesn't work like "Barney and Friends". Bloody noses are the only effective tool.

Yeah here's the thing..

You don't get to HIT people because you don't like what they SAY. No matter how annoying.

Kid is a snowflake and probably mentally ill. Juvy is a good place for him.
Actually, he's autistic, but he does pretty well.
and why he was being called names. He is the weaker kid. it sounds like he stood up for himself.

you would be wrong

I teach young children, who literally have no time where there isn't an adult nearby. They don't have the capacity to decide when "enough is enough" at that age. Like I said, telling the teacher isn't frowned upon at this age.

Yeah, well, there's a reason why I don't teach middle school. Telling becomes "snitching", it's cool to hate school (and teachers), and they smell bad. :badgrin:

sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me

SOOOOOOOOO true. Something everyone should hammer into their children.

If words drive a kid to suicide, they had problems anyways, honestly. Kids should understand words don't harm you. YOU let words harm you.
sometimes words are evil. that is just a fact. They can cut a kid to the bone.

The OP is teaching his boy to be a liberal like him and let evil people prevail in all situations.

sometimes words are evil. that is just a fact. They can cut a kid to the bone.
The kids parents should make them understand words mean nothing.

The OP is teaching his boy to be a liberal like him and let evil people prevail in all situations.
Don't your god loving ass have some more hate to disperse on this forum?
That's what I thought, faggot.

you would be wrong

Yeah, well, there's a reason why I don't teach middle school. Telling becomes "snitching", it's cool to hate school (and teachers), and they smell bad. :badgrin:
If you don't teach middle school, then you are literally missing half the battle.

Bullying in elementary school and kindergarten is harmless compared to that.

Have you forgotten your years in school?

Kids can be brutal. They're more brutal now than when you were that age.

You should be praising your kid instead of turning him into a snowflake.
smh

Forum List

Back