My Apologies to the Liberals Here; You Were Right.....

Well, now that the GOP has proven it can't govern, things are going to get much worse for you. You're never going to have libertarian purity in the GOP, never, ever. That's nothing more than a pipe dream that someone has sold you.

Those on the Right who have been convinced that compromise and moderation are bad things have taken a historic opportunity and peed on it.

IF the GOP had proven that they couldn't govern, you might have a point. But I see America out of the trans-pacific partnership, out of the Paris bullshit welfare for Marxists scam, and with Neil Gorsuch, a pro-Constitution advocate on the court.

The idiocy of Obamacare lite angers me, throw the pile of shit out and give freedom a try. BUT contrasted to the last 8 years of Obamunism and the utter fuckup that was the fascist democrat, the GOP come out smelling like roses.

Oh, and compromise with the fucking Nazis who run the democratic party is a suicide pact. My irritation with McConnell is that he included too much of the anti-American bullshit from Obama's fascist care in his bill, not that he failed to compromise with the evil turds who got us into this mess.

The fascist democrats are not a legitimate political party and have nothing to offer America save the yoke of slavery.
Trump unilaterally made all the moves you listed. Not the Republicans.

The party hasn't done anything, and it just failed on one of its biggest promises. The lie they've been telling for eight years just came back and bit them square on the ass.

The party is split between traditional Republicans who actually want to govern and talk radio libertarians who have been convinced that cooperation is capitulation.

The Republicans had no plan to replace Obamacare, it was all just a rhetorical game to undermine Obama and they are not capable of governing in the Democratic Parties place.

IF the Dems would back off on their Social agenda they can return to power for all I care.

Republicans are obviously not fit to govern.

The problem is they will never back off their social agenda. The left wing crazys have taken over the party.

It's sad that we have to prevent them from getting power to prevent them from stacking the SC and other courts.

You'd think it would depend on the individual, but that would be silly, wouldn't it?
Exactly! Some aren't keeping their promise. Target THEM, but don't give power to the liberals whom he feels he should now grovel before. If he hates Republicans running things, does he think he'll be happy giving political power back to Pelosi and her ilk?
Where did I say I should grovel before liberals?

I owe them an apology for ridiculing them for saying the GOP had no plan to replace Obamacare and they were right.

So I did the honest thing and apologized for my ridicule at their expense when they were correct after all is said and done on this.

The partisanship of the Democrats in Congress is why the GOP needs to pass the fix to Obamacare with only GOP support, so until they get off their high horse and work with the GOP they are as much to blame for failing to fix this as the GOP is.

The Republicans had no plan to replace Obamacare, it was all just a rhetorical game to undermine Obama and they are not capable of governing in the Democratic Parties place.

IF the Dems would back off on their Social agenda they can return to power for all I care.

The problem is they will never back off their social agenda. The left wing crazys have taken over the party.

It's sad that we have to prevent them from getting power to prevent them from stacking the SC and other courts.
The country needs a new party of the center.

Maybe they can recruit more Trumps to start a new one, or maybe just purge the GOP of its current fools?

Some aren't keeping their promise. Target THEM, but don't give power to the liberals whom he feels he should now grovel before. If he hates Republicans running things, does he think he'll be happy giving political power back to Pelosi and her ilk?
Yeah, some random blokes from rural districts who know one ever listens to might be trying to keep their promises, sure.

But they do not define the GOP's behavior in Congress, the leadership does, and all McConnell has to do is end the filibuster on legislation and open the bill up for Democrats to have input and get some of their votes to replace GOP morons that dont want to do anything constructive other than repeat 'Ni!' till their gums bleed.

The country needs a new party of the center.

Maybe they can recruit more Trumps to start a new one, or maybe just purge the GOP of its current fools?

A center party won't work because there is no center anymore. Either you want more government at higher levels with more power, or you don't.

A center party won't work because there is no center anymore. Either you want more government at higher levels with more power, or you don't.

That is a bit over simplified, marty.

I am opposed to bigger government, but as life gets more and more complicated with new technologies, new demographics and new economic problems, it is inevitable that government will expand along with our population, economy and technology growth.

I just want it to grow at a rate that is slower than the growth rate of our economy and population and that will fix most of our problems with the government.

That is a bit over simplified, marty.

I am opposed to bigger government, but as life gets more and more complicated with new technologies, new demographics and new economic problems, it is inevitable that government will expand along with our population, economy and technology growth.

I just want it to grow at a rate that is slower than the growth rate of our economy and population and that will fix most of our problems with the government.

Technology should make it so government can be smaller, and more efficient. With instantaneous communications and the ability via technology to automate many functions, and allow less people to do more government SHOULD be shrinking from these factors despite increased loading due to technology.

I work as a consultant for a City level agency, and payments are still done on paper, still require 4-5 copies, and still pass through physically over 15 people before they are signed off. Why is this so?

I remember being mocked in here simply for asking for details on the plan.

Those people fell for it too. I wonder if they're embarrassed.
They fell for a lot of things Mac. Those red hatted goobers thought that Mexico was going to buy them a wall to cower behind. Oh how they roared with delight when they were told that China was raping us. They weren`t and the orange buffoon has said so after one meeting with China.

I remember being mocked in here simply for asking for details on the plan.

Those people fell for it too. I wonder if they're embarrassed.
They fell for a lot of things Mac. Those red hatted goobers thought that Mexico was going to buy them a wall to cower behind. Oh how they roared with delight when they were told that China was raping us. They weren`t and the orange buffoon has said so after one meeting with China.
There has just been an intellectual detachment between reality and fantasy, and it probably won't stop any time soon. It's one of the many areas in which the two ends of the spectrum are similar - emotion and frustration take over for reason and equilibrium.

3ed5e9d04e200135dbc1005056a9545d.gif

Republicans are incapable of governing

They know how to win elections but have no idea of what to do once they are elected

Republicans are incapable of governing

They know how to win elections but have no idea of what to do once they are elected
20108601_1355117941262922_1761663021238050438_n.jpg

You'd think it would depend on the individual, but that would be silly, wouldn't it?
Exactly! Some aren't keeping their promise. Target THEM, but don't give power to the liberals whom he feels he should now grovel before. If he hates Republicans running things, does he think he'll be happy giving political power back to Pelosi and her ilk?
Where did I say I should grovel before liberals?

I owe them an apology for ridiculing them for saying the GOP had no plan to replace Obamacare and they were right.

So I did the honest thing and apologized for my ridicule at their expense when they were correct after all is said and done on this.

The partisanship of the Democrats in Congress is why the GOP needs to pass the fix to Obamacare with only GOP support, so until they get off their high horse and work with the GOP they are as much to blame for failing to fix this as the GOP is.

As bad as Obamacare may be, it was worked out in public with input from the voters and the other party and was crafted over a period of a year

Republicans closed the doors and came up with a hastily constructed bill to appease the radicals of their party. Allowing no discussion, they said "Take it or Leave it"

Even Republicans said Leave it

As bad as Obamacare may be, it was worked out in public with input from the voters and the other party and was crafted over a period of a year

Republicans closed the doors and came up with a hastily constructed bill to appease the radicals of their party. Allowing no discussion, they said "Take it or Leave it"

Even Republicans said Leave it
0bbe43304e150135dbbc005056a9545d.gif

Technology should make it so government can be smaller, and more efficient. With instantaneous communications and the ability via technology to automate many functions, and allow less people to do more government SHOULD be shrinking from these factors despite increased loading due to technology.

I work as a consultant for a City level agency, and payments are still done on paper, still require 4-5 copies, and still pass through physically over 15 people before they are signed off. Why is this so?
I know what you mean as I spent twenty+ years consulting int he DC area mostly for federal agencies.

But I am not talking about that when I speak of the growth of governmental power and scope of authority. With each new technology comes more regulation, more case law and more confusion that still more bureaucrats have to assplain to everyone.

There has just been an intellectual detachment between reality and fantasy, and it probably won't stop any time soon. It's one of the many areas in which the two ends of the spectrum are similar - emotion and frustration take over for reason and equilibrium.
Every time the GOP Establishment plays 'Fooled ya!' with the party base the more they build the pressure and anger of that base. If they fail to deliver on the wall, there will be a revolt.

Conservatives Rage Over Prospect of Total Health Care Failure

Every time the political establishment inside the Beltway fails with the American people that anger grows as well. The shootings a few weeks ago in Alexandria are not the end of partisan rhetorical hyperbole, but the first leaves falling of an early autumn if these bastards fuck the health care system up completely and fail to repair it.

The liberals were right about the lack of a GOP consensus for a health care plan, but you are still a certified blithering idiot.

Forum List

Back