CDZ My child's right to a safe school versus your right to guns

Does not matter how many or how few firearms are used to kill.

Does not matter what you think your rights may be with guns.

A child's right to go to school without gun hassle out weighs your rights.

Doubt this, don't do right by refusing to educate people properly or refusing to turn people in the LEO if they are right, then don't be surprised down the line when your rights are constitutionally ended.

This on you, solely, gun owners, to control the crazies. You know who they are: turn them in.
No child has any such right sorry.

And it is solely on the shooter.

But he HAD committed a crime!
Assault is the THREAT to do harm.
Battery is the ACT of doing harm!
He was guilty of assault by posting the comment.

These kids at the school had so many that failed them.. very sad..

Americans love their guns more than their kids.

Wrong...I have mine to protect our children
And what do other American use their guns for ?
Since less than a percent of a percent ot a percent of firearms are used in crime the VAST majority use them for legal peaceful things.
So Parkland isnt a problem ?
In the larger scheme of things NO it is not. Millions of people should not lose their rights because a few bad apples do bad things.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

We need to find a way to break that access link between a nut and a gun.

We need to identify the first problem, which is

28055684_10157113972798626_1592330457764003957_n.jpg
My child has a constitutional right to get to school safely, therefore, all drivers must be alcohol and drug free or we will confiscate all automobiles.

If you get caught driving under the influence, your car is impounded and your driver's lic. taken away.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

My child has a constitutional right to get to school safely, therefore, all drivers must be alcohol and drug free or we will confiscate all automobiles.

If you get caught driving under the influence, your car is impounded and your driver's lic. taken away.
Incorrect.

Schools are basically saying to any potential nutcase "Come and get us! No one will try to stop you!" That is a total failure to PROTECT. Making automatic weapons illegal PROTECTS NO ONE. Do you understand?

Those guns protect kids more than harm kids thus proving you have nothing but hyperbolic and emotional arguments devoid of any intellectual truth.
Deluded.
Wrong.

I am correct and you know it

Guns are GOOD for kids! Teaches them discipline and respect! There are no juvenile delinquents in Sandy Hook!

Schools are basically saying to any potential nutcase "Come and get us! No one will try to stop you!" That is a total failure to PROTECT. Making automatic weapons illegal PROTECTS NO ONE. Do you understand?

Give your 8th grader an M-15 when he is ready for Middle School! It is for his own safety! Have him stand his watch during lunch at the guard tower...

guns are fine for kids , i had my first 'semiauto' gun in about 1959 or thereabouts and at the age of 10 or 11 . There is simply something wrong with the kids that YOU Types raise and these types are the current generations for these last 15 - 20 years or so V.S..

Last edited:

Incorrect.
You don't have a constitutional right to drive a car.

If you can lose one right because it's offends a small group of folks like guns.
What says you can lose a second right like speech because it offends a small group of people?
If you envoked that rule how many members would USMB have?
2? 3?

Thus, we need to have a national figures out how to keep guns away from crazies without affecting the right of others to have them.

Thus, we need to have a national figures out how to keep guns away from crazies without affecting the right of others to have them.
Well Jake we regulate movies so you have to mature into them! What if we raised the age to own a semi auto to 25? Now this would not have stopped Paddock, but the other shootings? MAY have helped. It does NOT remove the right only says you have to mature into it.

Fury

This shooter was identified to the FBI....this shooter had 39 previous contacts with local police over domestic issues relating to mental health....so tell us.....how do you actually get law enforcement to do their job?
C'mon - you know how the law works. You actually have to COMMIT a crime in order to be arrested/restricted.
Why did the FBI slow walk the reports on this guy?
He took his rifle to school in a soft case to that school using Uber.
Is that a NORMAL Uber run?
He posted an open threat 6 months ago and no mental health check?

How many people missed this despite the complaints of friends, teachers and staff?

You're absolutely right --- they had all this information.

The question is, though - what do you do about it? They can't arrest a person until AFTER he commits a crime. Thinking about doing it isn't illegal. We can't force him to mental health care - we can't put him in a facility. (The ACLU took care of that - remember sanitariums?)

Everybody knew it - everybody reported to the authorities? But, what tools have we given authorities to respond?
But he HAD committed a crime!
Assault is the THREAT to do harm.
Battery is the ACT of doing harm!
He was guilty of assault by posting the comment.

These kids at the school had so many that failed them.. very sad..

Wrong...I have mine to protect our children
And what do other American use their guns for ?

The very same thing, or for shooting at the range, or for hunting, or for varmint control, or simply to collect. Why, are you stupidly convinced that everyone owns a gun so they can shoot someone whenever they feel like it? That would be stupid.

There is no right to safety. Because there is no safety, not anywhere, anywhen, or anyhow. And inevitably, then we die. So much for the constitutional right to life.

That's why we're keeping our guns.

Where does the constitution say that?
The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law.

“But that’s not in the Constitution” is a failed and ignorant ‘argument.’

The Constitution ‘says’ that in the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of procedural due process, where the Supreme Court has held that students have a “legitimate entitlement to a public education as a property right.” (Goss v. Lopez)

Stop and frisk everybody coming into a school...you are safe now ...TSA to the rescue

Last edited:

Forum List

Back