My friend is mad at me because I make fun of a neighborhood she USED to live in???

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I tend to joke around with my friend from time to time about a certain area that I am not a fan of and she gets upset because she grew up there. I used to live in the HOOD too and would not be bothered if some made fun of that area today. I dont understand why she gets so bent out of shape when I poke fun at her OLD NEIGHBORHOOD unless she has family that still lives there. I always compare my current neighborhood to her old area and say how much NICER my area is compared to where she used to live. I didnt know it was that serious. So she has blocked me lol

I tend to joke around with my friend from time to time about a certain area that I am not a fan of and she gets upset because she grew up there. I used to live in the HOOD too and would not be bothered if some made fun of that area today. I dont understand why she gets so bent out of shape when I poke fun at her OLD NEIGHBORHOOD unless she has family that still lives there. I always compare my current neighborhood to her old area and say how much NICER my area is compared to where she used to live. I didnt know it was that serious. So she has blocked me lol
Its like if she beat on on the cowgirls in front of you....

You know it upsets her but you keep doing it. You are being a jerk.

she didnt make it clear it bothered her until yesterday. If I had known I would have stopped

....I used to live in a shithole hood'....I went to a '''nice'' high school and parents would not let their kids go to our house ....had a battery stolen....had a neighbor scare some thugs away from our car../etc etc ...
...the neighbor right behind our house had a really small house....but drove a big Lincoln ---of course the cops raided his house one time ....

....I used to live in a shithole hood'....I went to a '''nice'' high school and parents would not let their kids go to our house ....had a battery stolen....had a neighbor scare some thugs away from our car../etc etc ...
...the neighbor right behind our house had a really small house....but drove a big Lincoln ---of course the cops raided his house one time ....

and would u mean if some criticized it in 2020?

Obviously there is something about her past that still means something to her which is how it can be for anyone. Everyone goes through bad times, but when something good occurs, its them moments that a person doesn't want to ever forget.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly what a person wants to forget might end up being what they remember the most.

Obviously there is something about her past that still means something to her which is how it can be for anyone. Everyone goes through bad times, but when something good occurs, its them moments that a person doesn't want to ever forget.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly what a person wants to forget might end up being what they remember the most.

Well she never gave me the vibe that it bothered her when I said it over the phone.

You need to look at yourself rather than your friend.

You know there is something particularly sensitive to a good friend. Rather than being mature and leaving it alone, you pick at it to open the scab and cause pain.

You call yourself a friend? With you as a friend, she doesn't need any enemies.

You're a loutish bully who needs to grow up and get help before entering into any other "friendships". She is extremely fortunate to be rid of you. Tuck tail, and seek help, seriously before you go further in life.

Forum List

Back