My Next "Dog"?

I've got a friend who got 2 small pot bellied pigs from her husband as a present.

She loves the little bacon bits and posts about them weekly on Facebook.

Me? I don't see the charm of having something like that for a pet (cows included). To me, if it's not a dog or a cat, it's a potential dinner.

My friend gets really agitated when you start talking about turning her pigs into bacon and ham.

And, growing up, my Grandfather always got a cow to raise for the summer to turn into chow in the fall. Us kids were told repeatedly to not try to turn it into a pet, as it would be dinner come winter.

Trump18.jpg

I've got a friend who got 2 small pot bellied pigs from her husband as a present.

She loves the little bacon bits and posts about them weekly on Facebook.

Me? I don't see the charm of having something like that for a pet (cows included). To me, if it's not a dog or a cat, it's a potential dinner.

My friend gets really agitated when you start talking about turning her pigs into bacon and ham.

And, growing up, my Grandfather always got a cow to raise for the summer to turn into chow in the fall. Us kids were told repeatedly to not try to turn it into a pet, as it would be dinner come winter.

See this is where I'm torn as normally I would agree with you, but I'm not really sure if you can get good beef out of the cow in the OP, and there are plenty of other pets that aren't food. I just wouldn't have a farm animal as a pet, even though the one in the OP was pretty cute I have to admit. :)

Any next "pet" will be some form of robot. No vet bills, no being tied down to walking or feeding, more intelligent interchange and it won't die.

Dogs have always been very popular in Paris. During the war with Prussia, when the capital was besieged for months, all the dogs and cats disappeared.

No shots of the animal shit ,the amount of it or exactly where it deposited . No allusion as to general smell and shit stink . Just saying, as an animal lover .

I just wouldn't have a farm animal as a pet, even though the one in the OP was pretty cute I have to admit. :)

The line between farm animals and pets is completely arbitrary. Just like dogs and cats, farm animals have their own personalities, they love to play and enjoy life, they are a lot smarter than people realize (as I've said tons of times, pigs are smarter than dogs) and I don't want to make anyone feel bad, but the truth is they're just as worthy of love and respect as dogs and cats are. Here's something I saw today that your post reminded me of....

Snapinsta-app-366434829-989951518823078-8987790066301808370-n-1080.jpg

For the record I consider certain kinds of cows and pigs to be pets, I just wouldn't have them personally. If they're too little and cute I would never eat them. I nearly had a heart attack when I found out one time the liver that I was eating was from a calf.

Especially since it was so good, but I just didn't like the fact that it was from a baby as that seemed very wrong to me. So as you can see, even as a meat eater I'm not completely heartless, but it's still a personal choice. I also love dairy products too.

For the record I consider certain kinds of cows and pigs to be pets, I just wouldn't have them personally. If they're too little and cute I would never eat them. I nearly had a heart attack when I found out one time the liver that I was eating was from a calf.

Especially since it was so good, but I just didn't like the fact that it was from a baby as that seemed very wrong to me. So as you can see, even as a meat eater I'm not completely heartless, but it's still a personal choice. I also love dairy products too.
So, "DEATH to the ugly"

Or at least the living who aren't "cute"

So, "DEATH to the ugly"

Or at least the living who aren't "cute"

Basically I eat any animal that tastes good and I don't feel any emotional attachment too. It was a mistake with that liver. If I had known ahead of time I never would have eaten it.

Oh yeah and when I said that I consider farm animals food, I just meant cows, pigs, and chickens. Not sheep or horses.

Oh yeah, I love donkeys and goats too. Now if I actually lived in the country I'd probably want a goat for a pet. They are so adorable. 🥰

Forum List

Back