My number one reason for disappointment in Obama

You dumb ass....it is imperfect. That's why we have Amendments to it and it takes a Supreme Court to interpret questionable laws and judgments.

The problem with people like you is that you somehow think that the words of the Constitution were written by the hand of God and the founding fathers were some kind of collective Moses bringing the Word Of God down from Mount Sinai to the Early Americans, written in stone....never to be questioned...never to be deviated from....and the mere suggestion of anything otherwise is the equivalent of high treason.

You dumb ass....it is imperfect. That's why we have Amendments to it and it takes a Supreme Court to interpret questionable laws and judgments.

The problem with people like you is that you somehow think that the words of the Constitution were written by the hand of God and the founding fathers were some kind of collective Moses bringing the Word Of God down from Mount Sinai to the Early Americans, written in stone....never to be questioned...never to be deviated from....and the mere suggestion of anything otherwise is the equivalent of high treason.

On the other hand progressives like Obama think it's fine to trample all over it, after all those ideas are so yesterday!!

In a true democracy majority rules, thank God we don't have one of those. ;)

If you can only pick one ... what would it be?

Mine is the extension of the Patriot Act. If I could only ask him one question, and get an honest answer, I'd want to know the logic behind that.

One of the few (damn few) things he's done that I give him props on.

What extending the tyrant act? That's a good thing in your opinion?

If you can only pick one ... what would it be?

Mine is the extension of the Patriot Act. If I could only ask him one question, and get an honest answer, I'd want to know the logic behind that.

You and I have had this "discussion" before.

You can call it anything you want.

It's not a tyrant act, however.

It is measured. It is reasonable. It has plenty of valid utility. And the claims that it somehow violates the Constitution are wrong.

It is a very good thing.

It is measured. It is reasonable. It has plenty of valid utility. And the claims that it somehow violates the Constitution are wrong.

It is a very good thing.
No it's not misread nor is it reasonable. What's so valid about not getting a warrant? The state department has already reported that the tyrant act has been abused.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

It is a very good thing.
No it's not misread nor is it reasonable. What's so valid about not getting a warrant? The state department has already reported that the tyrant act has been abused.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

MEASURED. And yes, it is quite measured. And, yes, it is quite reasonable.

and what's valid about not getting a warrant is that warrants are only required under certain circumstances and what the PATRIOT Act addresses is not such a circumstance.

And any law can be abused. That is not a particularly good or compelling argument to rescind a law.

The 4th Amendment does not even pertain.

It is a very good thing.

and what's valid about not getting a warrant is that warrants are only required under certain circumstances and what the PATRIOT Act addresses is not such a circumstance.

And any law can be abused. That is not a particularly good or compelling argument to rescind a law.

and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause

What an imbecile. The words may not be perfect, but they are the law. We don't deviate from the law. If you don't find the law satisfactory, then change it. that's what the Constitution has the amendment process, but you don't simply "reinterpret" it to suit your convenvience.

1, First, Obama's economic advisers promised the stimulus would keep the unemployment rate below 8 percent. In 2012, the unemployment rate was supposed to fall below 6 percent. The prediction was not meant to be taken lightly. In a January 2009 radio address, Obama announced he was releasing a report based on "rigorous analysis" that charted unemployment through 2013 so "the American people can see exactly what this plan will mean for their families."

2.Second, Obama promised the stimulus would not only have a large impact but also an immediate impact. Said the president-elect, "I'm confident ... our 21st century investments will create jobs immediately," adding, "We've got shovel-ready projects all across the country."

Those jobs never materialized, and it was not for lack of workers—or shovels. As President Obama remarked in June 2011, "Shovel-ready was not as shovel-ready as we expected." He chuckled through the mea culpa, but it's no laughing matter. Obama failed to deliver—and at great cost to taxpayers

3.Third, President Obama said in February 2009 that the stimulus would lift "2 million Americans from poverty." But since Obama took office, 6.3 million Americans have fallen into poverty.

4.Fourth, the "green economy," Obama vowed, would create millions of jobs. The Energy Department has handed out $35.2 billion in stimulus money to jumpstart the clean energy industry, but it's created more red ink than green jobs. Nationally, green technology accounts for just 2 percent of employment nationwide and there has been no marked boom in the industry.

5.Finally, the fifth promise: one million electric cars. Obama promised the stimulus would put one million electric vehicles on the road by 2015. Last month, the Washington Post reported that "evidence is mounting that President Obama was overly optimistic" to make that pledge.

General Motors' Volt, expected to be a hybrid hit, fell far short of its sales goals in 2011 by 38 percent.

For full disclosure on the source of these 5 failures with links to back up the statements go here

I really thought when he was first elected that if there was going to be at least one positive come out of his presidency, it was going to be a more united nation and the chance to put a lot of the racial division behind us...the complete opposite has happened, and it disgusts me. While it can't all be placed on his shoulders, he has by no means been a leader and example to others on bringing more unity amongst the citizenry.

and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause

The 4th Amendment still does not apply to the topic of this discussion.

this is why your party is dying you refuse facts

You are the idiot who is clueless about what/why and how austerity measures are used/needed due to the existence of the EU. The EU are under different laws as well as bound together so that if one fails they all are at risk... Put more simply, austerity measures in Germany are to protect itself from the failures happening in Greece; Italy; and Spain.

The fact that your mindless understanding (ironic statement) knowing that the EU have used bail out methods early on is telling. In addition that they are prevented from inflating currency as we have done, further proves my point that your blanket statements serve only to highlight your personal ignorance on the matter.

Dear little lying sack of fucking pig shit, when are you going to admitt you lied about Europe and austerity?

Bitch, please.
24 hours ago you didn't even know what the fuck "Austerity" means.
You are even more incapable of debating it than you defining it.

You're like a noisy fucking gnat on a sweaty day.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back