My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

In spite of what occurred on Wednesday, your children ( and their teachers ) are much less likely to be shot in school than they are in their own homes.

The idea that introducing firearms into classrooms will result in a safer environment for children is ludicrous. Fear is a poor basis for sound decision making.

Tell that to the kids who were shot.

Whoa! That’s an iron clad argument! I’m stymied. There’s simply no good response to such sterling logic!

Apparently....since you have no response.

Yeah. Every time someone doesn’t spend effort responding to something you say is evidence that they can’t do so. It’s never because what you said is so stupid that responding with effort is equally stood.

Still no response....

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

Exactly. Having a fire arm in the class poses a very large risk. Especially when dealing with middle and high school students.

I am a teacher myself and I am against bringing guns into a classroom. It's a reckless idea.

How does a gun in a safe pose a very large risk?

The FBI has already admitted they didn't do their job. So I guess they didn't do their job.
Wray should be fired.

Yeah, I know that's your mastubatory fantasy, fire Wray before he catches Trump.

But it's bullshit. that's not the FBI's job. After 25 years of weakening the Federal power to regulate guns, you can't blame them for not doing a job the NRA demanded they not do.

But, hey, let's give them the authority to investigate anyone they get a message on for being a gun nut and the right to seize their guns ON THE SPOT.

I'm down with that, how about you?

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

Exactly. Having a fire arm in the class poses a very large risk. Especially when dealing with middle and high school students.

I am a teacher myself and I am against bringing guns into a classroom. It's a reckless idea.

How does a gun in a safe pose a very large risk?

Here is the thing, they don't want to hear reasonable solutions and ideas, they want a gun ban. Nothing more and nothing less will satisfy them

The FBI has already admitted they didn't do their job. So I guess they didn't do their job.
Wray should be fired.

Yeah, I know that's your mastubatory fantasy, fire Wray before he catches Trump.

But it's bullshit. that's not the FBI's job. After 25 years of weakening the Federal power to regulate guns, you can't blame them for not doing a job the NRA demanded they not do.

But, hey, let's give them the authority to investigate anyone they get a message on for being a gun nut and the right to seize their guns ON THE SPOT.

I'm down with that, how about you?

25 years of weakening gun regulations?
Do you have some form of proof of that? Because I can prove the exact opposite.

Here is the thing, they don't want to hear reasonable solutions and ideas, they want a gun ban. Nothing more and nothing less will satisfy them

Giving an overworked, overstressed teacher with a class of 30 unruly teenagers a gun is a "reasonable solution" to you, Fat Irish Sow?

Not that there is any good reason for civilians to own guns, but I'd be happy with a system of gun control like Germany has. You can own a gun, once they've done a thorough background check on you to make sure you aren't the kind of nut who'd shoot up a school.

Giving an overworked, overstressed teacher with a class of 30 unruly teenagers a gun is a "reasonable solution" to you, Fat Irish Sow?

Not that there is any good reason for civilians to own guns, but I'd be happy with a system of gun control like Germany has. You can own a gun, once they've done a thorough background check on you to make sure you aren't the kind of nut who'd shoot up a school.

Shush Mr Hyperbole...NOBODY listens to your complete BS

Here's you "look at me!!!! I'm Joe!!!!! I'm SMART!!!!"

Everybody be like freaking moon bat

Are you saying our teachers are mentally unstable and they might shoot their own students?

Oh poor baby. Joe got disempowered by a woman so now he has to get a petty get back

Oh, Fat Irish Sow, nobody ever thought you could hold up your end of a conversation. The short bus will be around for you soon.

Are you saying our teachers are mentally unstable and they might shoot their own students?

Um, no. Clearly reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.

Okay, let's look at this. Most teachers suck at classroom management. They really don't teach it. It's kind of sink or swim, which is why 50% of new teachers burn out after the first few years.

So in addition to all the other stresses of keeping track of a classroom, they now have to worry about where the gun is. Did I remember to lock it in my drawer? Did I leave it in my purse. Did little Billy just swipe it to threaten little Paco with?

AND OH MY GOD, THE ACTIVE SHOOTER ALARM JUST WENT OFF!

Yeah, I'm sure that will work just fine. And when the cops arrive to respond to the Active Shooter, they will have to sort out the teachers nervously handling guns from the Active Shooters nervously handling guns.

Or they can just shoot them all and let God sort them out.

Oh, Fat Irish Sow, nobody ever thought you could hold up your end of a conversation. The short bus will be around for you soon.

Okay, let's look at this. Most teachers suck at classroom management. They really don't teach it. It's kind of sink or swim, which is why 50% of new teachers burn out after the first few years.

So in addition to all the other stresses of keeping track of a classroom, they now have to worry about where the gun is. Did I remember to lock it in my drawer? Did I leave it in my purse. Did little Billy just swipe it to threaten little Paco with?

Yeah, I'm sure that will work just fine. And when the cops arrive to respond to the Active Shooter, they will have to sort out the teachers nervously handling guns from the Active Shooters nervously handling guns.

Of course it's billy threatening Paco and not D'shawn threatening Billy.

You're a fucken idiot.
It would be locked in a biometric gun safe under the desk.

Oh poor baby. Joe got disempowered by a woman so now he has to get a petty get back

Fat Irish Sow has never added anything to a conversation. Today isn't her day, either.

You just added BS with that "machine gun" nonsense, got called on it and now act like a petulant child. Grow up you pathetic little man, just grow the fuck up

Here is you..."I can spew any BS I want and if you call me on it I'll act like a middle schooled brat and call you names"...and blow snot bubbles out your nose doing it

You're a fucken idiot.

You think kids can't figure out how to beat one of those, or that teachers will never accidently leave it unlocked?

You just added BS with that "machine gun" nonsense, got called on it and now act like a petulant child. Grow up you pathetic little man, just grow the fuck up

An AR-15 is a machine gun. Sorry. It's a gun where you don't need to reload because it automatically reloads itself.

Here is you..."I can spew any BS I want and if you call me on it I'll act like a middle schooled brat and call you names"

well,a ctually, I call you names because it is funny to watch you go right up the flu....

You're a fucken idiot.

You think kids can't figure out how to beat one of those, or that teachers will never accidently leave it unlocked?

An AR-15 is a machine gun. Sorry. It's a gun where you don't need to reload because it automatically reloads itself.

Here is you..."I can spew any BS I want and if you call me on it I'll act like a middle schooled brat and call you names"

well,a ctually, I call you names because it is funny to watch you go right up the flu....

Leave it unlocked? :290968001256257790-final:
When you close it it locks automatically dumbass.
And unless the kid brought a cutting torch to school they wont be getting into the safe.
And no an AR-15 is not a machine gun.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

that's nice

Drownings in bath tubes 2010: slightly less than 100.

School shooting victims year 2017: less than 30.

Indeed you have a better chance at drowning in bath tube than dying in school shooting. Yet your daughter is shaking.

Maybe she shouldn't buy into the far left agenda so hard. Keep herself in the observable reality and all that.

The situation is so overblown only because the political interest of taking away people's guns. People without guns are a synonym for sheep, and farming sheep is profitable endeavor.

School shooting deaths in 2018...40 in less than 2 months.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back