My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

There really is no solution. That is the reality of it.
No it's not. The rate of public massacres can be reduced. And would be if it wasn't for vested interests saying there is no solution. Other countries have reduced their rates of massacre by controlling guns. There are solutions, the people who control American politicians don't want to implement those solutions.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.
Ask her if she knows the statistical change in the likelihood of a gun tragedy when you insert a gun into any environment. If she's pragmatic minded and not emo minded, shed reconsider the gun in the classroom idea. Its nonsensical. Sure, it would come in handy if a school shooting happened, and her classroom was one of the few the time permitted the assailant to visit....

but the odds of that happening are WAY lower than the odds of a tragedy occuring by inserting a gun into the situation ~ and thats just reality. Math doesnt have an emotional bias, human creatures do.

And the fatalities are more than all the school shootings combined since decades ago.

Not really, but never mind.

After Sandy Hook, More Than 400 People Have Been Shot in Over 200 School Shootings

When a gunman killed 20 first graders and six adults with an assault rifle at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012, it rattled Newtown, Conn., and reverberated across the world. Since then, there have been at least 239 school shootings nationwide. In those episodes, 438 people were shot, 138 of whom were killed.

The data used here is from the Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit that began tracking school shootings in 2014, about a year after Sandy Hook.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
98% of teachers don’t want guns in
their classrooms.
.....................:link:.......................

It never ceases to be funny how the RWnuts demand links here that they won't believe even if they're given them.

But still no link....

Do you want to go on record stating that you believe that polls in general are reliable?

I guess would would have to be an actual poll before we can pass judgement on it.

98% of teachers don’t want guns in
their classrooms.

It never ceases to be funny how the RWnuts demand links here that they won't believe even if they're given them.

But still no link....

Do you want to go on record stating that you believe that polls in general are reliable?

I guess would would have to be an actual poll before we can pass judgement on it.

LOL I rest my case.

But still no link....

LOL I rest my case.

There is no poll.

But still no link....

LOL I rest my case.

There is no poll.

I found a self selected internet poll on the HuffPost and it still only had 70% of those that responded being against it. The 98% number is total bullshit someone pulled out of their ass

But still no link....

LOL I rest my case.

There is no poll.

LOL, the original poster never mentioned polls. I did.

But still no link....

LOL I rest my case.

There is no poll.

LOL, the original poster never mentioned polls. I did.

Than how did he come up with his 98% bullshit?

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

So you are just saying that 26127 teachers (counting only public education) want guns in their classroom.

Did you know that is 12529 more armed teachers ...
Than the 13598 FBI agents that completely screwed to the pooch with the Florida shooter (among others) ... :dunno:

Did you know that is 12529 more armed teachers ...
Than the 13598 FBI agents that completely screwed to the pooch with the Florida shooter (among others) ... :dunno:

Um, no stupid. The FBI isn't allowed to go after gun nuts.

Now, if you want to change that, so that when a gun nut posts shit on Facebook about how he wants to shoot people, and let the FBI kick in their front door with a no-knock warrant, I'm totally down with that.

The NRA wouldn't be. "Hey, wait a minute, I have rights! I'm WHITE!!!"

There really is no solution. That is the reality of it.
No it's not. The rate of public massacres can be reduced. And would be if it wasn't for vested interests saying there is no solution. Other countries have reduced their rates of massacre by controlling guns. There are solutions, the people who control American politicians don't want to implement those solutions.

Feel free to move to 'other countries' where dumb ass liberals disarm you and only raping murderous criminals have guns.

Forum List

Back