My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.
There really is no solution. That is the reality of it. Strict gun control? That did not stop some of the deadliest attacks in Paris and Norway. Both of which were deadlier than anything that ever happened here.

What if there were no such thing as guns? Well, I seem to remember planes and box cutters being used to commit the worst terror attack ever and also seem to remember another attack that used fertilizer. I also seem to remember a bomb being used in England at some sluts concert, and a box truck in France.

Our world is cynical. There is too much information being passed around on the internet. We are worse than the wild wild west of the 1800s. Far worse and there is no real answer.
Discussing terrorist attacks is not relevant to this discussion and is deflection. The two types of incidents (school shootings and terrorism) are not analogous.
Holy fucking shit I hate liberals.
Do you have guns?

My kid teaches AP English/Lit - she hasnt mentioned a word about it to me yet.

we'll see .............

School shooting victims year 2017: less than 30.
Yup. Other people's school kids is a perfectly acceptable price to pay for easy access to handguns and military style semi-automatics.
Drownings in bath tubes 2010: slightly less than 100.

School shooting victims year 2017: less than 30.

Indeed you have a better chance at drowning in bath tube than dying in school shooting. Yet your daughter is shaking.

Maybe she shouldn't buy into the far left agenda so hard. Keep herself in the observable reality and all that.

The situation is so overblown only because the political interest of taking away people's guns. People without guns are a synonym for sheep, and farming sheep is profitable endeavor.

School shooting deaths in 2018...40 in less than 2 months.

Let's see if school shootings kill more than bath tubes this year.

I can't stop reading about this anti-gun rhetoric because the fatalities, but no one seems to be focusing on bath tubes, or any other of the myriad things that kill way more people each year.

That's the first sign the leftists want the guns banned and couldn't give a fuck about the kids. Just like they couldn't give a fuch about this clearly troubled teenager who even laid out the plan bare for all to see. He probably received the full torturous leftist public school experience, which may have even lead to the deed.

I never heard of mass bath tub deaths, show me some links to read about this phenomenon.

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.
Not true

-Geaux
Teachers do not want to and do not plan to be armed.

Teachers On Guns In Schools: 72 Percent Of Educators Say They ...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../teachers-guns-schools-survey-firearms_n_277355...

Feb 27, 2013 - However, the results of a national teacher survey, released Wednesday, suggests the goals of the “guns-in-schools” bills may be far from what teachers really want. According to the online poll, 72.4 percent of teachers would not likely bring a firearm to school, if allowed. Administered by the School ...

By far most teacher and school employee organizations do now want teachers packing guns. It is a deeply unpopular idea. Teachers, on the whole, do not want to take guns to school. And it is a completely,quintessentially stupid idea.

Who's paying for this? What part of the budget gets cut for this?

I would suggest teachers who want to certify provide their own firearms and secure storage.
I mean it is a commitment to carry a firearm ... You should be comfortable and familiar with your firearm.

Workshops and tactical training could be funded like any other workshops and training the teachers are provided with.
It you can pay a teacher to attend a workshop that teaches them how to manage their classroom ... It would certainly apply to this training.

As a teacher, of 30 years, I completely disagree with her, and I think most teachers would. Teachers can't control all students at all times: there is far too much chance of a student getting his/her hands on a teacher's gun.

So how would the student get in to a biometric gun safe?
1) You are going to pay for it? 2) If the teacher and his/her students are under fire, does he/she have time to get the gun free in order to protect them? and 3) how many parents are going to have a say in if the school teachers are armed and how many do you think would vote for it? Not most. I know. Parents don't want non-police professionals armed and guns floating around the school.

You really dont know shit about guns or gun safes do you?
That doesn't matter. If a teacher can get to the gun, so can a wiley student. Arming teachers is an intensely stupid idea. More guns in our country does not mean more safety.

You'll have to explain to me how a kid is going to bypass a biometric lock.
And you may be right in one case kinda...we shouldnt let the female teachers have access to the firearms.

You'll have to show me how a teacher once the shooting begins tries to calm kids or get them to safety and tries to open the safe in all the chaos.

1) You are going to pay for it? 2) If the teacher and his/her students are under fire, does he/she have time to get the gun free in order to protect them? and 3) how many parents are going to have a say in if the school teachers are armed and how many do you think would vote for it? Not most. I know. Parents don't want non-police professionals armed and guns floating around the school.

That doesn't matter. If a teacher can get to the gun, so can a wiley student. Arming teachers is an intensely stupid idea. More guns in our country does not mean more safety.

And you may be right in one case kinda...we shouldnt let the female teachers have access to the firearms.

You'll have to show me how a teacher once the shooting begins tries to calm kids or get them to safety and tries to open the safe in all the chaos.

You can open a biometric safe in seconds with your eyes closed.

Hope you daughter never has to deal with it. Kids are tough to relate to sometimes. I have one that was a Bernie nut and one "gun nut" as the lefties like to call them. BOTH girls in their twenties so I just nod and say yes dear...
So you had one kid that turned out well despite your negative influence. One out of two ain’t bad.
Maybe I should have started this thread in the CDZ.

That post was against the rules outside the CDZ

Teachers do now want to and do not plan to be armed.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../teachers-guns-schools-survey-firearms_n_277355...

Feb 27, 2013 - However, the results of a national teacher survey, released Wednesday, suggests the goals of the “guns-in-schools” bills may be far from what teachers really want. According to the online poll, 72.4 percent of teachers would not likely bring a firearm to school, if allowed. Administered by the School ...

By far most teacher and school employee organizations do now want teachers packing guns. It is a deeply unpopular idea. Teachers, on the whole, do not want to take guns to school. And it is a completely,quintessentially stupid idea.

72.4 % saying they wouldn't ... Is the same as 27.6% that would.
That amounts to 1 in every 4 teachers armed ... Dumbass ... :thup:

These people, they don't know anything about schools or teaching or managing 25-30 kids in the middle of an emergency.

Hope you daughter never has to deal with it. Kids are tough to relate to sometimes. I have one that was a Bernie nut and one "gun nut" as the lefties like to call them. BOTH girls in their twenties so I just nod and say yes dear...
So you had one kid that turned out well despite your negative influence. One out of two ain’t bad.
Maybe I should have started this thread in the CDZ.

That post was against the rules outside the CDZ

I reported it.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

One in every 4 teachers in a school packing is insane, Dumbass.

These people, they don't know anything about schools or teaching or managing 25-30 kids in the middle of an emergency.

We all went to school dear.

Why?

Would provide for interesting news cycles.

Priceless, and YOU whine about being "attacked"?

There really is no solution. That is the reality of it.
No it's not. The rate of public massacres can be reduced. And would be if it wasn't for vested interests saying there is no solution. Other countries have reduced their rates of massacre by controlling guns. There are solutions, the people who control American politicians don't want to implement those solutions.

If you read through all the threads created since the shooting their is one common denominator between most (not all) of these gun nuts. It's their's and everyone else right to have a gun no matter the consequences. Seems they believe when it's your time it's your time and nothing ain't going to stop it besides it's my right. Doesn't matter if it's one old person, 1 young person or several at a time it's my right to have this gun and do not tread on my rights, it was their time to die and nothing will stop it. This thinking over the years have filtered down to their kids and grand kids, no wonder kids or young adults are committing mass shootings.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Priceless, and YOU whine about being "attacked"?

You'll have to excuse her.....she's a woman.

Forum List

Back