My opinion on the Jimmy Kimmel tearful address...

[Q

I was a cab driver for a few months around 2010..

And one of my precious cargos was a newborn baby and her mom

They were illegal.. but I didn't care or even charge them for the ride

Ask me and I will help, take from me.

Well I get pissed off..

The Bible teaches us to be generous. It teaches us that charity should come from the heart, church and family.

It also says that we shouldn't steal

It says nothing about promoting a greedy welfare state by a corrupt bloated oppressive government.

[Q

I was a cab driver for a few months around 2010..

And one of my precious cargos was a newborn baby and her mom

They were illegal.. but I didn't care or even charge them for the ride

Ask me and I will help, take from me.

Well I get pissed off..

The Bible teaches us to be generous. It teaches us that charity should come from the heart, church and family.

It also says that we shouldn't steal

It says nothing about promoting a greedy welfare state by a corrupt bloated oppressive government.

I was actually so scared that day, I was using all my technology in the car....

To use all the short cuts I could find..

As fast and safe as possible..

The 'progressives' are infantile half-wits only concerned and attentive to their own narcissism. You are never, ever going to have any kind of a social safety net while allowing open borders and unrestricted immigration, and the right wingers are never going to get a decent productive middle class built back by supporting that policy either. There are no ideological 'solutions', ideologies are utter rubbish, right or left. Time to grow up and become responsible citizens; your grandparents are mostly dead and can't wipe your asses for you any more.

Every person is a preexisting condition. You have a condition or a disease process as we speak, it just has not reared its ugly head yet.

This. There are hardly any humans who haven't developed a "pre-exiting condition" by the time they're 40.

When I had tubal reconstruction surgery, my surgeon was a world renowned fertility surgeon who quite literally wrote the book on my surgery. Since he was a Canadian, practicing in Toronto, my government funded healthcare paid the bill.

Shocked Canadian says I shouldn't have been able to have this man treat me because I'm not wealthy. A pox on him. Why should only the wealthy get good treatment?

Thinking back those short two months were the finest times of my Life.

I always felt like a cop on the streets..

Watching out for the city, with out a gun..

Just a Ford crown Victoria under my gas pedal and a radio that the cops monitored..

Every person is a preexisting condition. You have a condition or a disease process as we speak, it just has not reared its ugly head yet.

This. There are hardly any humans who haven't developed a "pre-exiting condition" by the time they're 40.

When I had tubal reconstruction surgery, my surgeon was a world renowned fertility surgeon who quite literally wrote the book on my surgery. Since he was a Canadian, practicing in Toronto, my government funded healthcare paid the bill.

Shocked Canadian says I shouldn't have been able to have this man treat me because I'm not wealthy. A pox on him. Why should only the wealthy get good treatment?

You're high maintenance women..

Does that mean I have to pay for it?

Of course it does, just ask...

And not take..

Exactly. So if you are 22 and healthy...get yourself insured.
:cuckoo:

Forcing people to buy insurance is wrong, it's great for the insurance companies though.

Forcing insurance companies to pay out benefits to people that have not paid into the program is also wrong. It's great for worthless welfare cheats though.

There is just a small fraction of Americans that lack the morality that oppose the continuation of covering pre-existing conditions.

It's not a moral issue. It's an issue of being able to accurately assess risk and determine cost. If you want to make health insurance guaranteed issue for everybody equally, fine. It will just cost a lot more because the vast majority of young and healthy people will not buy into the plan. They'll wait until they're in their 50's and start having health problems before they pay anything into the system. So when you do it that way, you completely undermine the purpose of having insurance in the first place because you're not effectively spreading the risk. The whole idea of insurance is to spread the risk over the broadest possible risk pool to keep premiums low.

There is just a small fraction of Americans that lack the morality that oppose the continuation of covering pre-existing conditions.

It's not a moral issue. It's an issue of being able to accurately assess risk and determine cost. If you want to make health insurance guaranteed issue for everybody equally, fine. It will just cost a lot more because the vast majority of young and healthy people will not buy into the plan. They'll wait until they're in their 50's and start having health problems before they pay anything into the system. So when you do it that way, you completely undermine the purpose of having insurance in the first place because you're not effectively spreading the risk. The whole idea of insurance is to spread the risk over the broadest possible risk pool to keep premiums low.

I disagree.
Excluding pre-existing conditions is like a death warrant for those who can't afford HC insurance.
I find that just about everyone who is against including pre-existing conditions, were the same people who cheered at the top of their lungs, when Trump attacked the Syrian airport in response to 72 Syrians getting gassed to death.
In the case of pre-existing conditions, the number goes into the millions, whose lives would be cut short, all because of money. It seems a huge majority of Americans are following moral values over money and are in favor of keeping the coverage for pre-existing conditions.
What do you think, Jesus would do?

I disagree.
Excluding pre-existing conditions is like a death warrant for those who can't afford HC insurance.
I find that just about everyone who is against including pre-existing conditions, were the same people who cheered at the top of their lungs, when Trump attacked the Syrian airport in response to 72 Syrians getting gassed to death.
In the case of pre-existing conditions, the number goes into the millions, whose lives would be cut short, all because of money. It seems a huge majority of Americans are following moral values over money and are in favor of keeping the coverage for pre-existing conditions.
What do you think, Jesus would do?

Maybe you're unaware that Congress passed a law in 1986 that requires hospitals to treat patients in need of emergency medical care.

It seems a huge majority of Americans are following moral values over money and are in favor of keeping the coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Then a huge majority of Americans are stupidly misguided because coverage for pre-existing conditions will force premiums and deductibles to go sky-high, as we've already seen. And it will force insurance companies to fold up in certain areas and discontinue coverage altogether, as we've already seen. How many times do we have to go through this before the snowflakes learn that there is no such thing as free medical care?

And speaking of morality, how moral is it for a person to refuse to contribute to an insurance plan when they are young and healthy, contract cancer when they become 50, and expect to have their $150K in annual treatment paid for them? in my view that's a dishonest gaming of the system.

We all need healthcare at some point .

It's like saying "I've never called the police . Why do I need to pay for them?"
We all need food and housing too. Why should I pay for my own?

Food is cheap , and housing is on a sliding scale . If someone is in a bad situation we help them with both .

It's not about "free" healthcare . It's about affordable health care.

Have any of you righties known anyone to have cancer !?

First I feel for him, and I wholeheartedly agree that no child should die of a preventable medical issue. God Bless him for sharing his story and it's great to hear his son is doing well.

One important point to make, when he states that "noone should be denied treatment because of a precondition". What he doesn't understand, and which many don't understand is that, any of these treatments isn't about some not having money or health insurance, but it's about the COSTS.

He stated that he had a world reknowned surgeon. There is simply no way public healthcare can sustain a system in which anyone and everyone could have such access. It's the way the world works. If you have the means, you have options.

How about excessive competition across state lines to ensure insurance and for people to have more options which will drive prices of insurance and healthcare costs down. I assure you, if I had a condition like his son, I wouldn't be able to afford, nor would my provincial healthcare cover the costs to have the same surgeon he had access to. I would be in no better position than 99.9$ of Americans and Canadians for that matter.

Bottom line, it's not a perfect world, so choices for everyone relieve the system of the excessive obligations so that you can provide broad access to as many as possible. Young people won't pay excessively for particular health issues they won't need except in the most extreme cases for another 40-50 years. So why force people to have such coverage when all it does is pad someones pockets?

One final point about health insurance and pre conditions and peopel worried about premium costs. If you purchase auto insurance, who will get a better premium, someone with 12 accidents in the last 10 years, or someone without an accident the last 30? It's a business model, and as such, there have to be give and takes and reasonable price points based on risk. It HAS to be this way.

I feel bad for him, but imagine if he was actually impacted by Obama Care and wasn't Rich?
And wasn't Subsidized either.

Just how was he subsidized?

well, if what he said was true in that an insurance company could deny a newborn care on this by categorizing it as a pre-existing condition, that's just insane. I know insurance companies are fucking ghouls, but give me a break. If mom is insured, she's paying, so little Johnny should be covered. If they'd like to offer a rider to pregnant moms or something to cover the costs of potential birth defects, fine, but just handing people of choice of bankruptcy or burying their newborn, when they've paid for coverage, is simply insane....

Before ACA yes they would have denied the kid coverage on an individual plan and on some group plans. No doubt the rest of his life.

[Q

You refusing to buy insurance is just your way of being a welfare case. Why would anyone who has cash not buy the best insurance policy there is.

I have insurance thank you very much.

I pay into an insurance pool along with other paying customers. I don't need the fitly ass government mandating that other people be allowed into the pool that never paid. That is what pre existing conditions is all about and it is despicable. It is getting something for nothing and it is a form of welfare and it is unfair to the people that have to pay the bills of those that didn't pay in.

That is why when Obamacare established that stupid mandate then the cost of premiums, co payments and deductibles sky rocketed. So that the welfare queens can get their subsidies and their pre considers paid.

Not in Florida asshole.

well, if what he said was true in that an insurance company could deny a newborn care on this by categorizing it as a pre-existing condition, that's just insane. I know insurance companies are fucking ghouls, but give me a break. If mom is insured, she's paying, so little Johnny should be covered. If they'd like to offer a rider to pregnant moms or something to cover the costs of potential birth defects, fine, but just handing people of choice of bankruptcy or burying their newborn, when they've paid for coverage, is simply insane....

"Little Johnny" IS covered. He is covered immediately.

well I'd expect that, although that's not what he seemed to be saying. totally possible, of course, that he didn't know what he was talking about.....

I am an Insurance broker, Johnny was covered even before the ACA.

True if his parents had existing coverage and maybe in California, but if his parents did not have existing coverage and not in California he may have been covered for only the first year of life by whatever state he may live in by Medicaid. After that or later on in life before ACA he could not get an individual policy because of pre x.

Driving a car is not a necessity. Unlike health care. No one is compelled to give you a car if you need it, but by law you get health care if you need it .

People don't really choose to have a precondition , unlike choosing to be a bad driver .

but by law you get health care if you need it .

I don't...
You never go to the doc?

We have been over this before

Nope...

Not in like 40 years..

Not in 40 years? You better believe they will find something wrong with you when you finally end up going.

[Q

You refusing to buy insurance is just your way of being a welfare case. Why would anyone who has cash not buy the best insurance policy there is.

I pay into an insurance pool along with other paying customers. I don't need the fitly ass government mandating that other people be allowed into the pool that never paid. That is what pre existing conditions is all about and it is despicable. It is getting something for nothing and it is a form of welfare and it is unfair to the people that have to pay the bills of those that didn't pay in.

That is why when Obamacare established that stupid mandate then the cost of premiums, co payments and deductibles sky rocketed. So that the welfare queens can get their subsidies and their pre considers paid.

Not in Florida asshole.

Yes it did Debbie Dumbass.

Florida’s Obamacare premiums to rise average 19 percent in 2017, state says

Read more here: Florida’s Obamacare premiums to rise average 19 percent in 2017, state says

Last edited:
[Q

Not in Florida asshole.

Yes it it did Debbie Dumbass.

Florida’s Obamacare premiums to rise average 19 percent in 2017, state says

Read more here: Florida’s Obamacare premiums to rise average 19 percent in 2017, state says

Sorry asshole I should have quoted the part of your post you were wrong about:

So that the welfare queens can get their subsidies and their pre considers paid.

Forum List

Back