My problem with the NFL re: National Anthem

Oh so you are going to generalize the cops based on this incident? You people really believe that the cops would go and shoot a man that they don't even know just because he is a black man. Lol. Fools.

No. I just think that when you have a system that protects the bad apples, you are going to have bad apples.

Slager, the officer who shot Scott, had a dicey record before the incident.

South Carolina's Michael Slager: What we know about him - CNN

Slager was named in a police complaint in 2013 after he allegedly "tased a man for no reason" before slamming him to the ground and dragging him, according to the North Charleston Police Department.
At the time, Slager was searching for a suspect who was described as being 5-feet-5-inches tall. The African-American man he confronted was 6-feet-3 inches tall.

In another complaint in January, Slager was cited for failing to file a report after an African-American woman called police because her children were being harassed.

Most people who are shot by the police are involved in some form of criminal activity. You are responsible for your own path that you choose in this life.

Yeah, well, here's the thing. We aren't hiring executioners. also, they are more likely to use lethal force against blacks, if they were shooting white people are this rate, we wouldn't have an issue.

40f24c2b21ffb499fea5574dd7e7d280.jpg

Pretty sickening how the liberals generalize the cops and try to dehumanize them. They are just racists with badges and guns! They don't have any feelings. They don't care about anything but killing blacks and getting away with it. Please, the hyperbole is old and used up, and the fact that some people actually buy into it is disturbing as well.

Most people who are shot by the police are involved in some form of criminal activity. You are responsible for your own path that you choose in this life.

Yeah, well, here's the thing. We aren't hiring executioners. also, they are more likely to use lethal force against blacks, if they were shooting white people are this rate, we wouldn't have an issue.

40f24c2b21ffb499fea5574dd7e7d280.jpg

Which one resisted and fought with the police? You CANNOT fight with the police and resist arrest.

Oh so you are going to generalize the cops based on this incident? You people really believe that the cops would go and shoot a man that they don't even know just because he is a black man. Lol. Fools.

No. I just think that when you have a system that protects the bad apples, you are going to have bad apples.

Slager, the officer who shot Scott, had a dicey record before the incident.

South Carolina's Michael Slager: What we know about him - CNN

Slager was named in a police complaint in 2013 after he allegedly "tased a man for no reason" before slamming him to the ground and dragging him, according to the North Charleston Police Department.
At the time, Slager was searching for a suspect who was described as being 5-feet-5-inches tall. The African-American man he confronted was 6-feet-3 inches tall.

In another complaint in January, Slager was cited for failing to file a report after an African-American woman called police because her children were being harassed.

In a lot of these cases, it's a he said, she said situation. Most suspects say they didn't do anything wrong! Oh, the cop, he arrested me and harassed me for no reason. *eye roll* WTH?

Pretty sickening how the liberals generalize the cops and try to dehumanize them. They are just racists with badges and guns! They don't have any feelings. They don't care about anything but killing blacks and getting away with it. Please, the hyperbole is old and used up, and the fact that some people actually buy into it is disturbing as well.

Why don't you try arguing against what people are saying instead of building up straw men to knock down.

You see, part of the problem really is gun nuts like you who insist anyone should be able to own a gun. If the cops are trigger happy, it's because the NRA has put too many guns out there.

In a lot of these cases, it's a he said, she said situation. Most suspects say they didn't do anything wrong! Oh, the cop, he arrested me and harassed me for no reason. *eye roll* WTH?

Right. Except that when you talk about a Slager or a Van Dyke, they usually have a lot more complaints in their files than most officers.

For instance, a review of the Chicago PD found that 143 officers out of 14,000 were responsible for 50% of the complaints of excessive force. In short, the CPD knew who the bad actors were, they did very little to get rid of them.

Which one resisted and fought with the police? You CANNOT fight with the police and resist arrest.

Well, let's look at that.

Protests as Louisiana police shoot and kill black man selling CDs on Baton Rouge street

Abdullah Muflahi, who owns the shop, said Blane Salamoni, a four-year member of the department, and Howie Lake, who has been on the force for three years, were “really aggressive with him [Mr Sterling] from the start.”

Mr Muflahi said one officer used a stun gun on Sterling.

He said the other officer then tackled Sterling, slamming him to the ground. Seconds later, he said one of the officers shot Sterling four to six times. An autopsy showed Sterling died of multiple gunshot wounds to his back and chest.

The shop owner said that he witnessed police retrieving a gun from Sterling's pocket after the shooting, though Sterling did not hold a weapon during the altercation.

Mr Muflahi said the officers were "freaking out" after the incident, and heard one of the officers say: "Just leave him."

Well, let's look at that.

Protests as Louisiana police shoot and kill black man selling CDs on Baton Rouge street

Abdullah Muflahi, who owns the shop, said Blane Salamoni, a four-year member of the department, and Howie Lake, who has been on the force for three years, were “really aggressive with him [Mr Sterling] from the start.”

Mr Muflahi said one officer used a stun gun on Sterling.

He said the other officer then tackled Sterling, slamming him to the ground. Seconds later, he said one of the officers shot Sterling four to six times. An autopsy showed Sterling died of multiple gunshot wounds to his back and chest.

The shop owner said that he witnessed police retrieving a gun from Sterling's pocket after the shooting, though Sterling did not hold a weapon during the altercation.

Mr Muflahi said the officers were "freaking out" after the incident, and heard one of the officers say: "Just leave him."

So he had a gun on his person, and I wasn't there (and neither were you). Did the man go down to the ground and stop resisting after he was stunned? Did he reach for his gun in his pocket? You jump to a LOT of conclusions for someone who wasn't there and doesn't know exactly what happened but instead rely on hearsay. You have no idea what went down.

If you are going to fight with the police, then expect to get shot. Don't fight with the police.

I can agree that they are overly aggressive and just plain jerks in a lot of instances. That authority must go to their heads after a while. However, I also don't believe the criminal's side of the story. Lol. How foolish would you have to be to believe that most of these shootings were instigated by the police? I'm quite sure it's just the opposite. While the police might be assholes, that doesn't mean you can start fighting with them. They don't know you, don't know what you are capable of doing, you could grab their gun and shoot one of them or some innocent bystander. That is their main concern when you fight with them.

So he had a gun on his person, and I wasn't there (and neither were you). Did the man go down to the ground and stop resisting after he was stunned? Did he reach for his gun in his pocket? You jump to a LOT of conclusions for someone who wasn't there and doesn't know exactly what happened but instead rely on hearsay. You have no idea what went down.

I don't have to jump to conclusions, it's all on tape.

Yes, I see they have him on the ground, but it looks as if he is still fighting them. Just because he is on the ground doesn't necessarily mean he is helpless. He could easily still grab his gun or one of their guns. He was FIGHTING, obviously.

Also, there is no video of the ENTIRE incident.

Look how they have that fat teenager crying there on film. Good Lord. Lol. That doesn't seem to much "set up" does it?

If you are going to fight with the police, then expect to get shot. Don't fight with the police.

I can agree that they are overly aggressive and just plain jerks in a lot of instances. That authority must go to their heads after a while. However, I also don't believe the criminal's side of the story. Lol. How foolish would you have to be to believe that most of these shootings were instigated by the police? I'm quite sure it's just the opposite. While the police might be assholes, that doesn't mean you can start fighting with them. They don't know you, don't know what you are capable of doing, you could grab their gun and shoot one of them or some innocent bystander. That is their main concern when you fight with them.

well, you have a point that when any asshole can buy a gun, because you know, Founding Slave Rapists or something, yes, you can be shot.

But amazingly, they never seem to shoot white people because they are scared.

I guess white people just aren't that scary, even when they have guns.

well, you have a point that when any asshole can buy a gun, because you know, Founding Slave Rapists or something, yes, you can be shot.

I'm sure we can find incidents of black people NOT getting shot as well. Lol. More hyperbole from you. How surprising. :D

Look how they have that fat teenager crying there on film. Good Lord. Lol. That doesn't seem to much "set up" does it?

Right. Because when you see someone get murdered right in front of you, you aren't going to be the least bit upset.

If you choose a life of crime and end up getting "taken out" by the police, I have no sympathy for you.

Well, you k ind of should. Because hey, you know what, those black folks might suddenly start practicing their "Second Amendment Rights" to fight back against the government.

Isn't that what you gun nuts always say when you gots to have your guns?

Right. Because when you see someone get murdered right in front of you, you aren't going to be the least bit upset.

If you choose a life of crime and end up getting "taken out" by the police, I have no sympathy for you.

Well, you k ind of should. Because hey, you know what, those black folks might suddenly start practicing their "Second Amendment Rights" to fight back against the government.

Isn't that what you gun nuts always say when you gots to have your guns?

I don't have sympathy for people who victimize society. Good riddance.

I'm sure we can find incidents of black people NOT getting shot as well. Lol. More hyperbole from you. How surprising.

Did you watch the video? that WHite guy was in the middle of the street with an assault rifle and they spent about five minutes talking to him instead of shooting him.

As opposed to Tamir Rice, who was shot 1.3 seconds after the cop left the car.

Or LaQuan McDonald, who was shot 16 times, and he didn't even have a gun.

Law abiding people don't have to worry about it.

Forum List

Back