My take on the death penalty.

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World

Below is a post on the comments board, and while I'm inclined to agree I have to recall how many people have been exonerated after lengthy appeals and newly found evidence emerged.

Since 1999 the US has averaged 14,000 to 17,000 murders each year!!!! Since 1976 there have been 1491 total criminals executed for their crimes....wait for it....an average of 34 per year You have to be Ray Charles not to see the problem. Potential criminals NEVER get to see a convicted murderer pay for their crime. In some of these cases 24yrs later the murderer still hanging on. Maybe if we had 10-12 thousand executed each year potential criminals might get the message.

It's easy to jump on board the "kill 'em all" bandwagon when it comes to people convicted of heinous crimes. However there have been people sent to death row that were eventually exonerated because the prosecutors rail roaded them and suppressed evidence. If even one innocent man is killed by the state in our name, we are all murderess.

Now there are cases where there is no denial of guilt. There is video and DNA evidence that can not be refuted and commie lawyers enrich themselves by interfering with justice on asinine technical issues, not because they give a shit, they're making money.

This is why I fully stand behind the 2nd Amendment. People need to be responsible for their own safety. Many of the sociopaths in society would cease to exist if people would shoot them in the fuckin face when confronted by them.

The death penalty is Barbarism

The purpose of the death penalty is to protect the population from the worst of the worst.

Not only has a breach-proof prison never been built, how about protecting the other inmates.

If someone is serving time for a non-violent offense like Obstruction of Congress or Desecration of a Mattress Tag or Disrespect to the Homosexual Flag--- should they die at the hands of a Jeff Dahmer?

Below is a post on the comments board, and while I'm inclined to agree I have to recall how many people have been exonerated after lengthy appeals and newly found evidence emerged.

Since 1999 the US has averaged 14,000 to 17,000 murders each year!!!! Since 1976 there have been 1491 total criminals executed for their crimes....wait for it....an average of 34 per year You have to be Ray Charles not to see the problem. Potential criminals NEVER get to see a convicted murderer pay for their crime. In some of these cases 24yrs later the murderer still hanging on. Maybe if we had 10-12 thousand executed each year potential criminals might get the message.

It's easy to jump on board the "kill 'em all" bandwagon when it comes to people convicted of heinous crimes. However there have been people sent to death row that were eventually exonerated because the prosecutors rail roaded them and suppressed evidence. If even one innocent man is killed by the state in our name, we are all murderess.

Now there are cases where there is no denial of guilt. There is video and DNA evidence that can not be refuted and commie lawyers enrich themselves by interfering with justice on asinine technical issues, not because they give a shit, they're making money.

This is why I fully stand behind the 2nd Amendment. People need to be responsible for their own safety. Many of the sociopaths in society would cease to exist if people would shoot them in the fuckin face when confronted by them.

There should be no possible way an innocent man gets executed. Let me give you an example. The Peterson guy on death row definitely murdered his pregnant wife. But it isn’t 100% certain. It’s 99% but that’s not enough. It has to be 100% so there is no doubt.

DNA evidence isn’t enough. They need to find the heads in your freezer.

So the system is fucked up. Why wasn’t Jeffrey dahmer sentenced to death? That’s the kind of person that should be put to death.

Or the guy who shot up sandy hook.

And they need to interview them before they are executed to show everyone how sorry they are for doing what they did and how shitty it is in prison. If they are not remorseful don’t show them on tv. They’re crazy.

And make it quick. 1 year you’re dead

Even oj should not be executed even though I’m 99.9999% sure he did it. He should just be in prison for life.

The purpose of the death penalty is to protect the population from the worst of the worst.

Not only has a breach-proof prison never been built, how about protecting the other inmates.

If someone is serving time for a non-violent offense like Obstruction of Congress or Desecration of a Mattress Tag or Disrespect to the Homosexual Flag--- should they die at the hands of a Jeff Dahmer?
I agree they need to separate the violent from the non violent.

They should also execute prisoners who murder other prisoners. It’s almost like murder in prison is acceptable.

Always been my problem with it too. If a guy is clearly guilty, evidence is there, even an admission of guilt (not coerced or beaten out of him), then, I can understand the death penalty. Ultimately though there are too many cases of false accusations

There is a good series on Netflix about wrongful guilt and in one of the cases some guy was on death row because a former cop was head of the Grand Jury (a cop had been killed), he and the prosecutor pressure his gf to change her testimony, threatened to take away her kids, her potentially going to prison, the whole nine yards. She stuck to her story about getting a call from him at work but then changed it when she felt she was going to lose her kids. She also lived with her guilt for the years he was in prison.

Years later as he kept fighting for his innocence, there is a record of the phone call he made which popped up, proving his innocence (so it would seem). There is also a record of the email that the prosecutor received at that time telling him about this call and how it "was not good for his case against this guy". The POS ignored it, wanting to "get his man". Also, one of the other two accused tells his lawyer on video that the other guy wasn't there at all and that the other two were trying to place blame on someone who hadn't even been there.

This kind of stuff should alarm all of us about abuses of power. Not only does it happen with police, it also happens with Crown Attorneys. Humans are nothing more to cattle for weak SOBs, some for their own career ambitions, and or, bias and sometimes prejudice. Simply because a man is born poor should not mean he's a plaything for creeps of all types.

You want to be sure that death penalty is 100% accurate? Make it a law that if facts come out after and the person is proven innocent, that the prosecutor and/or judge face the same fate. You'll see 100%, no doubt cases. Until there are consequences for bad legal operators, it's a slippery slope.

Yes, the USA is a very violent society. But not nearly as violent as it used to be. We have made progress.

And from my POV it is due to my generation.. Generation X. Generally, when we were in our formative years, we were void of any parental guidance. We were the latchkey kids. Our parents worked long hours and we fended for ourselves.

The violent crime stats back it up.

There should be no possible way an innocent man gets executed. Let me give you an example. The Peterson guy on death row definitely murdered his pregnant wife. But it isn’t 100% certain. It’s 99% but that’s not enough. It has to be 100% so there is no doubt.

DNA evidence isn’t enough. They need to find the heads in your freezer.

So the system is fucked up. Why wasn’t Jeffrey dahmer sentenced to death? That’s the kind of person that should be put to death.

Or the guy who shot up sandy hook.

And they need to interview them before they are executed to show everyone how sorry they are for doing what they did and how shitty it is in prison. If they are not remorseful don’t show them on tv. They’re crazy.

And make it quick. 1 year you’re dead

Even oj should not be executed even though I’m 99.9999% sure he did it. He should just be in prison for life.

Jeff Dahmer committed his crimes in a state without the death penalty. Mr. Lanza, the Sandy Hook suspect, passed away before he could be charged.

A life sentence protects the public just as well and doesn’t force a society to revert to barbarism

A life sentence protects the public just as well and doesn’t force a society to revert to barbarism

No, a life sentence does nothing of the sort. Haven't you ever seen Shawshank Redemption or Escape from Alcatraz? People do escape from prison including lifers. El Chapo has escaped twice already, no?

I wonder how many men and women sitting on death row in this nation have only one conviction on their record?
I wonder if that stat is available?
Two? Three?
I would say..that the average person on death row in this nation has probably....more than four convictions on their record extra the one which placed them in the death house.

IOW...most of these are career criminals.

Play with fire...

I say we limit the number of appeals to three.

Get these fuckers waxed in under 5 years.

No, a life sentence does nothing of the sort. Haven't you ever seen Shawshank Redemption or Escape from Alcatraz? People do escape from prison including lifers. El Chapo has escaped twice already, no?
Very, very few escape from prison
Those who do are quickly recaptured.

Andy in Shawshank Redemption was wrongly convicted. Just like many on Death Row

As loathsome as I find it to even remotely agree with wrongwinger, giving the power to end an individual's life to the state is barbaric. We have seen the most horrific mass murders and genocide committed by governments in just the last 100 years.

It leaves me seriously conflicted, because when it comes to killers, armed robbers, rapists, communists and pedophiles I'd like to see electric bleachers and fry them by the 1000's on a daily basis, but when one innocent person gets caught up in that, we all become guilty of murder.

Now imagine when the left actually gets serious political power and starts "euthanizing" those who reject climate change dogma, or insist on keeping their AR-15's. In this circumstance I'm sure wrongwinger will change his perspective and suddenly the death penalty will be a "humanitarian" alternative to life in prison. If any of you have had any real experience with prison, you would testify to what sort of hell that can be. I'd rather die than be an inmate.

Yes, the USA is a very violent society. But not nearly as violent as it used to be. We have made progress.

And from my POV it is due to my generation.. Generation X. Generally, when we were in our formative years, we were void of any parental guidance. We were the latchkey kids. Our parents worked long hours and we fended for ourselves.

The violent crime stats back it up.

I did what I wanted from the 13 on up.
Was I a little shit? You bet,but I wasnt violent.

1. Yes, there is only one problem about capital punishment: S/he could be innocent.

2. But in the majority of cases where there is NO doubt, they should be executed, and the victim's family should be allowed to execute the blank that took their loved one's life.

3. Here in California, there are over 700 "human beings" who are on Death Row. None of them will ever be executed because our "liberal" governor says that he will not allow any executions. And if the public is asked to vote on the matter again, they will probably vote to abolish capital punishment this time.

4. I am glad to see that President Trump's administration has just executed two murderers. The South still occasionally executes a few every year, but not as many as before. They are probably afraid to do so because of, uh, a certain reason.

Only to those who think they may find themselves facing it one day.
Most civilized societies have abandoned it. We are the only nation in North or South America. Europe and even Russia don’t use it.
We are in the company of China and Muslim Countries that still enjoy a good execution

Forum List

Back