My Uncle Was Stationed In Berlin After The War -

What years was he there?

1945. Not sure for how long.

Yes, in 1945, I would think that would have been very possible, what you described, at least for some months. But surely, by 1947, that was not the case anymore, also with the later erection of Checkpoint-Charlie. The HJ kids gave up pretty quickly afterward.

I am in Berlin a lot, you would not believe how that metropolis has changed and how full of life it is. There is also an incredible Jewish quarter, starting with the Oranienburgerstraße - great places to shop, eat, hang out, worship, museums, the works.

What years was he there?

1945. Not sure for how long.

Yes, in 1945, I would think that would have been very possible, what you described, at least for some months. But surely, by 1947, that was not the case anymore, also with the later erection of Checkpoint-Charlie. The HJ kids gave up pretty quickly afterward.

I am in Berlin a lot, you would not believe how that metropolis has changed and how full of life it is. There is also an incredible Jewish quarter, starting with the Oranienburgerstraße - great places to shop, eat, hang out, worship, museums, the works.

I would love to get there eventually. Maybe when I retire.

Forum List

Back