Mystery of Falling Birds?

It is happening. Some of it practically in my backyard, on properties I worked with and with people I know. Another thing that's happening is both small and large scale methane gas releases. Did you see the CNN video I posted earlier in the thread on that? Scary stuff.

Apparently some of the drilling companies weren't following proper methods.

It's scary alright. The price of natrual gas will go through the roof including all types of fuel, if obama places a frezze on anymore drilling.

You don't need a freeze, Lord knows these areas are severely depressed and need the income as much as anyone. But better oversight of how the waste is handled and competent geologists familiar with the local situation instead of brought in from Texas and Louisiana would be a good thing. The NE Marcellus is not the Gulf Basin is not the Barnett, ya know?

I wager obama will call for a freeze.

It's scary alright. The price of natrual gas will go through the roof including all types of fuel, if obama places a frezze on anymore drilling.

You don't need a freeze, Lord knows these areas are severely depressed and need the income as much as anyone. But better oversight of how the waste is handled and competent geologists familiar with the local situation instead of brought in from Texas and Louisiana would be a good thing. The NE Marcellus is not the Gulf Basin is not the Barnett, ya know?

I'm not so sure on that. He's been pretty good about ignoring it for 2 years now.

I have to say the State is doing a good job going after the violators but leaving the others alone. It takes a while though, and if too much of it goes on how are they going to get leases at all?

I'm not so sure on that. He's been pretty good about ignoring it for 2 years now.

I have to say the State is doing a good job going after the violators but leaving the others alone. It takes a while though, and if too much of it goes on how are they going to get leases at all?

Two years ago we did not have all these wildlife deaths. As for the leases and if this continues What I foresee I don't like.

Two years ago we did not have all these wildlife deaths. As for the leases and if this continues What I foresee I don't like.

The money is needed, but leases are voluntary and most people aren't going to give up the usefulness or value of their land over it. Reining the slipshod companies in and making sure it stays that way is essential if you actually want drilling to continue by the competent.

A lot of people foresaw problems from the start. When it was first opened up for exploration, certain gas companies sent up their own title searchers to seek out the properties where they wanted leases. Not a big deal, right? Except PA and TX have completely different land systems and methods of indexing and record keeping. These guys didn't even know how to read a PA deed, let alone search a chain of title. :cuckoo:

A bunch of leases had to be litigated or voided because of it. The locals in the business sat back and laughed. :)

Now imagine what happened when they relied on scientists who had no prior knowledge of Appalachian geology? Can't void that oops.

It's not all of the companies, some hired or partnered up with locals to learn the system before going in hog wild and had no problems. But you could tell right off the bat who was professional and who couldn't care less.

It's the Aflockalypse: More mass animal deaths see thousands of fish found floating in Florida and 200 birds dead on Texas bridge
Britain, 40,000 devil crabs join list of casualties

Read more: Animal death mystery: Jackdaws in Sweden, fish in Brazil and New Zealand, crabs in England | Mail Online

Is that anything like the

tumblr_lcdi0rv4MW1qz9upvo1_400.jpg

It's the Aflockalypse: More mass animal deaths see thousands of fish found floating in Florida and 200 birds dead on Texas bridge
Britain, 40,000 devil crabs join list of casualties

Read more: Animal death mystery: Jackdaws in Sweden, fish in Brazil and New Zealand, crabs in England | Mail Online

Is that anything like the

tumblr_lcdi0rv4MW1qz9upvo1_400.jpg

I wouldn't make jokes like that since no one knows exactly whats going on. It may be nothing but it's kind of hard to diregard mass animal deaths world wide during the same time period.

Gee, mass bird deaths are fairly common. Apparently when you add in the news media, it is the end times. Global warming fakery on a smaller scale.

USA Today reported that fireworks set off to celebrate New Year's scared the flock out of their roost.

The birds couldn't see ant night.

They flew into the ground, houses, etc.....crash landing

I heard about the bird thing the other day. As long as they stay away from my house I don't care

Gee, mass bird deaths are fairly common. Apparently when you add in the news media, it is the end times. Global warming fakery on a smaller scale.

USA Today reported that fireworks set off to celebrate New Year's scared the flock out of their roost.

The birds couldn't see ant night.

They flew into the ground, houses, etc.....crash landing

I don't think the fish crashed. ;) Too many areas were effected. What is the word on Toxicity?

I heard about the bird thing the other day. As long as they stay away from my house I don't care

If it is related to disease or contaminant, we all should care.

There was one catastrophic thing that happened to make them fall out of the sky and for a hundred thousand fish to die all at once. I don't think it's disease.

What effects the animals will also affect humans, isn't that what the liberals eco nuts say all the time?

Tell that to all the conservative sportsmen who would like to continue hunting and fishing. And the conservatives who are just as SOL as the liberals when their farmland is suddenly contaminated, their livestock diseased, they have to have a vent stack in their front yard to keep their house from blowing up or they can't use their wells.

Nothing is ever that black and white, bigreb. Not in real life.

Last edited:

What effects the animals will also affect humans, isn't that what the liberals eco nuts say all the time?

Tell that to all the conservative sportsmen who would like to continue hunting and fishing. And the conservatives who are just as SOL as the liberals when their farmland is suddenly contaminated, their livestock diseased, they have to have a vent stack in their front yard to keep their house from blowing up or they can't use their wells.

Thank God for the hunter and fishermen. A quick death due to a bullet or hook is a lot better then straving to death due to over population.

Thank God for the hunter and fishermen. A quick death due to a bullet or hook is a lot better then straving to death due to over population.

I don't do either, but most of my family and friends do. No arguments here. In fact I know a lot of folks who fill their freezers that way. Or donate it to local food pantries with the facilities for distribution. It's good eatin' and one hell of a lot cheaper than the market.

But my point is concern over an unknown contaminant or disease in the environment isn't just a liberal thing. At least not here, and not in AR either I'm sure. Fishing is a lifestyle in some parts of the state.

Forum List

Back