Mystery of Falling Birds?

You brought up international conspiracies. There is no international climate conspiracy.

And the death of the birds and fish in that region is disturbing, whatever the cause.

Ark is full of swamps.

Miners used birds to test for gas.

Swamps put out gas.

That's my shot in the dark.

If I had to bet I'd still go with methane poisoning. I keep going back to all of these being in areas producing natural gas, which is almost entirely methane. Birds are sensitive to it, which is as you point out why they were used in mines. Drum fish are bottom dwellers, and would be in closest contact with the likely source of gas releases seeping up from the bed. And gas releases can be very localized and brief, a "burp" if you will. ;)

If it were just Arkansas, earthquake activity might explain two releases at about the same time in the same general area. But there were no earthquakes in TX, LA, KY, TN, or any of the other areas. So the question I still have is, why all those different places all at the same time? :dunno:

It may have just been a subtle shift of something that was a long time coming. like that burp.

There was a story on the Discovery channel, where they found a herd of dead bison, turns out one of the vents put out enough co2 for long enough to kill them.

Bad things happen all the time, Ark just got the eventual double whammy.

that

Or it's the end of days and everyone dies 12/23/12.

It's happening everywhere There are new reports ifrom other countries of mass fish and bird deaths

You brought up international conspiracies. There is no international climate conspiracy.

And the death of the birds and fish in that region is disturbing, whatever the cause.

Are you 100% sure about that?

There is no international climate conspiracy.

I'm sure all those climate scientist in Engalnd were kind of pissed when they were outed for the lie they pushed as fact. If I pushed a lie and believed in my cause I would do anything to make sure that my cause moved forward. You have way to much faith in leaders of this world.

Given the present fights concerning types of natural gas drilling and the environmental people, would the report of methane poisoning be allowed out, if that was found to be the case? Even if the methane release was triggered by an earthquake, and not man's activities.

Rocks this is happening everywhere whats the chances of methane gases leaking everyw where at around the same time?

The one common denominator I've been able to find, leaving out the Maryland fish kill which has happened under similar weather conditions in recent history, is they're all in natural gas producing areas. Specifically where there is exploration or active drilling going on. Methane releases, as a result of either the drilling itself or other, natural causes where the gas exists and has an avenue of escape, are common in those areas and would explain everything except that one detail - timing. :dunno:

Given the present fights concerning types of natural gas drilling and the environmental people, would the report of methane poisoning be allowed out, if that was found to be the case? Even if the methane release was triggered by an earthquake, and not man's activities.

Rocks this is happening everywhere whats the chances of methane gases leaking everyw where at around the same time?

The one common denominator I've been able to find, leaving out the Maryland fish kill which has happened under similar weather conditions in recent history, is they're all in natural gas producing areas. Specifically where there is exploration or active drilling going on. Methane releases, as a result of either the drilling itself or other, natural causes where the gas exists and has an avenue of escape, are common in those areas and would explain everything except that one detail - timing. :dunno:

I guess well just have to wait on the government say... I mean report of the cause of the deaths.

Heres a lknk from that last link I posted
Victoria river mysteriously turns bright green

Victoria river mysteriously turns bright green | Posted | National Post

This has happen before the mass bird kill

No offense, but when you add in the fountain that sounds suspiciously like a pledge class prank. :lol:

What turns water day glo green and harms nothing in or around it? Flourescein? Never heard of it. Looks like it has a lot of medical uses.

Green chemical in B.C. river not toxic, study confirms | Posted | National Post

:lmao:

Open the wiki article and go down to "St. Patrick's Day". I wonder if somebody got a bright idea.

Chicago River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think they dropped dead from witnessing the mess Obama has made of the economy. Just looking at the debt alone would make one drop dead.

although one can say that obama has not significantly helped our economy it must be stressed that our current economic situation (mess) has been building for a long time.

blaming it all on obama shows an incredible amount of stupidity (and lack of responsibility) on YOUR part

are you really so fkn stupid that you actually think this mess is all obamas fault?

Chemtrails.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

but not TOO MUCH freedom...
we can't allow gays the freedom to marry
nor should we allow people the freedom to smoke pot
and since divorce and single parents are such a nuisance to us conservatives we must not allow people the freedom to have children if they are NOT married
nor should we allow them the freedom to divorce

and since America IS a christian nation we MUST enforce christian/biblical laws!

we will never be truly free until we are free from all the things we fear and hate

Heres a lknk from that last link I posted
Victoria river mysteriously turns bright green

Victoria river mysteriously turns bright green | Posted | National Post

This has happen before the mass bird kill

No offense, but when you add in the fountain that sounds suspiciously like a pledge class prank. :lol:

What turns water day glo green and harms nothing in or around it? Flourescein? Never heard of it. Looks like it has a lot of medical uses.

Green chemical in B.C. river not toxic, study confirms | Posted | National Post

:lmao:

Open the wiki article and go down to "St. Patrick's Day". I wonder if somebody got a bright idea.

Chicago River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fluorescite (Fluorescein) Drug Information: User Reviews, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Dosage at RxList

Gee, mass bird deaths are fairly common. Apparently when you add in the news media, it is the end times. Global warming fakery on a smaller scale.

And this has just as much to do with the bird kills as your silly post.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/docs/Guide_to_Skepticism.pdf

A new resource - high rez climate graphicsPosted on 14 December 2010 by John Cook
Graphics used in science communication are often complicated and overburdened with details, trying to provide as much information as possible. But when you're communicating science to a broad audience, your visuals need to contain just the bare minimum required to get the message across. Cram too much detail in there and your meaning can get lost in a sea of factoids. So often when I scratch around for good climate graphics to communicate the required message, I can't find anything simple enough and am forced I create my own. As the number of visuals at Skeptical Science have built up over time, I often get asked for high rez versions for powerpoint presentations or print publications. Especially since The Scientific Guide to Global Warming Skepticism was released. So to make things easier for everyone (and let's be honest, to save me time in the long run), I've created a new resource: Climate Graphics by Skeptical Science, featuring high rez versions of the original graphics created at Skeptical Science.

Last edited:
And this has just as much to do with the bird kills as your silly post.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/docs/Guide_to_Skepticism.pdf

A new resource - high rez climate graphicsPosted on 14 December 2010 by John Cook
Graphics used in science communication are often complicated and overburdened with details, trying to provide as much information as possible. But when you're communicating science to a broad audience, your visuals need to contain just the bare minimum required to get the message across. Cram too much detail in there and your meaning can get lost in a sea of factoids. So often when I scratch around for good climate graphics to communicate the required message, I can't find anything simple enough and am forced I create my own. As the number of visuals at Skeptical Science have built up over time, I often get asked for high rez versions for powerpoint presentations or print publications. Especially since The Scientific Guide to Global Warming Skepticism was released. So to make things easier for everyone (and let's be honest, to save me time in the long run), I've created a new resource: Climate Graphics by Skeptical Science, featuring high rez versions of the original graphics created at Skeptical Science.

ok :eusa_whistle:

By Jimmy Mengel
Thursday, January 6th, 2011

Potentially toxic “frack water” is continuing to make its way into Pennsylvania's rivers and streams, according to a new AP report.

“Fracking” (a nickname for hydraulic fracturing) has been an energy buzzword this year as more areas are opened up for natural gas exploration.

The process involves drilling a mile or more below the earth's surface and blasting a pressurized solution of water, sand, and chemicals to fracture the rocks below and release the natural gas.

The drilling companies have maintained the fracking process is safe, and the chemicals used would not do any significant harm to the environment.

However, the process creates a tremendous amount of wastewater which contain both fracking chemicals as well as heavy metals. In most areas, the wastewater is disposed of in deep underground wells.

Pennsylvania's geology, however, makes that approach expensive and difficult, so companies process the wastewater in treatment plants instead.

What distresses many of Pennsylvania's citizens is the fact that treatment plants only partially treat the wastewater, then discharge it into nearby rivers and streams.

Pennsylvanians get their drinking water from these same rivers and streams.

And some of those fracking chemicals — which some companies have heavily guarded for some time — can be carcinogenic in large doses.

According to state records, 3.6 million barrels of wastewater were treated and emptied into rivers from June 2009 to June 2010...

More frightening still, due to incomplete data from drilling companies and a weak reporting system, almost 50 million tons can't even be accounted for!

Pennsylvania has already had settlements with several less than scrupulous fracking companies.

Fracking Still Fouling Pennsylvania Drinking Water

By Jimmy Mengel

Potentially toxic “frack water” is continuing to make its way into Pennsylvania's rivers and streams, according to a new AP report.

“Fracking” (a nickname for hydraulic fracturing) has been an energy buzzword this year as more areas are opened up for natural gas exploration.

The process involves drilling a mile or more below the earth's surface and blasting a pressurized solution of water, sand, and chemicals to fracture the rocks below and release the natural gas.

The drilling companies have maintained the fracking process is safe, and the chemicals used would not do any significant harm to the environment.

However, the process creates a tremendous amount of wastewater which contain both fracking chemicals as well as heavy metals. In most areas, the wastewater is disposed of in deep underground wells.

Pennsylvania's geology, however, makes that approach expensive and difficult, so companies process the wastewater in treatment plants instead.

What distresses many of Pennsylvania's citizens is the fact that treatment plants only partially treat the wastewater, then discharge it into nearby rivers and streams.

And some of those fracking chemicals — which some companies have heavily guarded for some time — can be carcinogenic in large doses.

According to state records, 3.6 million barrels of wastewater were treated and emptied into rivers from June 2009 to June 2010...

More frightening still, due to incomplete data from drilling companies and a weak reporting system, almost 50 million tons can't even be accounted for!

Pennsylvania has already had settlements with several less than scrupulous fracking companies.

We knew that was coming didn't we?

By Jimmy Mengel

It is happening. Some of it practically in my backyard, on properties I worked with and with people I know. Another thing that's happening is both small and large scale methane gas releases. Did you see the CNN video I posted earlier in the thread on that? Scary stuff.

Apparently some of the drilling companies weren't following proper methods.

By Jimmy Mengel

It is happening. Some of it practically in my backyard, on properties I worked with and with people I know. Another thing that's happening is both small and large scale methane gas releases. Did you see the CNN video I posted earlier in the thread on that? Scary stuff.

It's scary alright. The price of natrual gas will go through the roof including all types of fuel, if obama places a frezze on anymore drilling.

It's scary alright. The price of natrual gas will go through the roof including all types of fuel, if obama places a frezze on anymore drilling.

You don't need a freeze, Lord knows these areas are severely depressed and need the income as much as anyone. But better oversight of how the waste is handled and competent geologists familiar with the local situation instead of brought in from Texas and Louisiana would be a good thing. The NE Marcellus is not the Gulf Basin is not the Barnett, ya know?

Forum List

Back