🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Myths and facts about Jerusalem and Temple Mount

Actually the funniest lie I remember of Roudy's was an entirely innocent one - does anyone remember when he claimed to have met Leonard Cohen - and Cohen was surprised to be recognised??!!

That really was hilarious stuff.

Roudy - as I said earlier, my only interest in where you claim to be from is humour value. Make up whatever stories you like.
Yes I did meet him, and Roger Moore, and Tom Cruise, and many many many other celebrities and important people which I meet regularly due to my line of work. Hard to believe eh?

Saigon, you ripped Roudy for posting personal attacks, and now you are insulting his heritage and bringing up his family ?!! What does this have to do with the topic ?
Sorry to say, but Roudy dismantled your argument (even though you did make some good points)
Then there;s your post about how everyone in ISrael has to serve in the army...You said you lived in Israel, right?????

I actually abandoned any hope of useful debate concerning the issues of Palestinian history when, after a day of Roudy running away, changing the topic and using delaying tactics, he finaly refused to post honestly.

Anytime he commits to posting honestly we can go back to the topic.

I did live in Israel, which is why I know the call-up system in some detail. It was one of those slip-ups by Roudy that he could not have expected other posters might know.

To answer your next question - I decided to leave Israel rather than spend 3 years in the IDF. I would have stayed longer there otherwise, but I was told that 4 x 3 month work visas was the maximum allowed. I then moved to Norway.

You don't have to go to the army if you live in Israel. Only if you are born there !
I have an Israeli passport (I'm born and raised in Montreal, Quebec) and I received a letter when I turned 18 that said I had to join the army. But since I was living in Canada and was a student, I was able to clear it up at the Israeli consulate
But somehow he knows better.

The fact that you keep brining up your "travels" as a defense means you are highly insecure.

You mean like this guy?

My background and diverse life experience has allowed me to have a unique perpective on the reality of political and international events.

btw. I've actually never said on this board how many countries I've been to, how much I have published, or how many countries I have been to. There's just no need to.
No you keep attacking posters and telling them they can't and don't know what they're talking about because they haven't been to certain countries. Which is not true. I have seen you do this to many people, on many forums. Your ignorance is only surpassed by your arrogance. In fact it is your arrogance that is your worst enemy because you don't realize how stupid you really are.

You don't have to go to the army if you live in Israel. Only if you are born there !
I have an Israeli passport (I'm born and raised in Montreal, Quebec) and I received a letter when I turned 18 that said I had to join the army. But since I was living in Canada and was a student, I was able to clear it up at the Israeli consulate

Yes, non-residents usually do not have to serve. Though it might be worth checking if you move to Israel at some point if you are still less than....is it 30 or 35?

It is perhaps more complicated than you imagine for non-citizens of Israel resident in Israel - it depends on what type of visa you have, and if you are a permanant resident or not. I'm not suggesting tourists or people on 3 month work visas get called up.

Roudy claims he LIVED in Israel - hence, if he was there over a year and was under 30 or 35, he would have received papers. I did. One of my English friends did service, actually, and took citizenship when he joined.

Here is the legal provision:

"The Israel Cabinet presented to Parliament today a series of amendments to the compulsory military service law aimed at conscription of Israeli residents whose citizenship status may have changed. The bill will be debated in the Knesset in mid-October.

The measure would make eligible for service tourists who stayed in Israel until their visas had expired and have not renewed their tourist status or who have asked for visas as temporary or permanent residents of the Jewish State. Also, the regulation would provide for compulsory military service for certain categories of Israelis who hold dual citizenship.

Finally, the amendments include provisions for the recall of Israelis rejected for service for medical disabilities to determine whether their conditions still bar them from service"

http://archive.jta.org/article/1958/10/01/3056433/israel-cabinet-amends-military-service-law-for-noncitizens

Last edited:
Actually the funniest lie I remember of Roudy's was an entirely innocent one - does anyone remember when he claimed to have met Leonard Cohen - and Cohen was surprised to be recognised??!!

That really was hilarious stuff.

Roudy - as I said earlier, my only interest in where you claim to be from is humour value. Make up whatever stories you like.
Yes I did meet him, and Roger Moore, and Tom Cruise, and many many many other celebrities and important people which I meet regularly due to my line of work. Hard to believe eh?
By the way see so many so called celebrities I really don't think it's a big deal they are just people that want to live normal lives and not be hounded by these Paparazzi Jackals.

Did you know many celebrities such as Britney Spears use a firm that provides ex Israeli commandos as body guards? And like politicians, they use decoy vehicles to throw the Paparazzi off their scent.

My highlight was when I met Dennis Tito, the American who paid the Russians 20 million to let him go to space, after being snubbed by NASA. Apparently that is all he talks about, despite all his great achievements. Short classy guy, very down to earth, do it yourself hands on type of person.

Last edited:

Yes, non-residents usually do not have to serve. Though it might be worth checking if you move to Israel at some point if you are still less than....is it 30 or 35?

It is perhaps more complicated than you imagine for non-citizens of Israel resident in Israel - it depends on what type of visa you have, and if you are a permanant resident or not. I'm not suggesting tourists or people on 3 month work visas get called up.

Roudy claims he LIVED in Israel - hence, if he was there over a year and was under 30 or 35, he would have received papers. I did.
Yes I lived in Israel over a year.

and telling them they can't and don't know what they're talking about because they haven't been to certain countries.

I figure most people in the Middle East forum HAVE been to Lebanon, Malaysia...wherever we are discussing. Otherwise I don't really get why people would be SO interested.

Certainly quite a few of us have been.

It doesn't mean other people can't have an opinion - but it is a bit like telling someone about a movie you haven't seen - when they have seen it.

Some forums have a genetlemen's agreement - only post about countries you have some knowledge of, be it travel, tertiary study etc.

Whenever you post about Indonesia I howl like a banshee - you spell place names wrong, don't know which island is what religion...it's just hilarious. Particularly if there are other posters who've met the damn president!!

Last edited:
and telling them they can't and don't know what they're talking about because they haven't been to certain countries.

I figure most people in the Middle East forum HAVE been to Lebanon, Malaysia...wherever we are discussing. Otherwise I don't really get why people would be SO interested.

It doesn't mean other people can't have an opinion - but it is a bit like telling someone about a movie you haven't seen - when they have seen it.

Some forums have a genetlemen's agreement - only post about countries you have some knowledge of, be it travel, tertiary study etc.

Whenever you post about Indonesia I howl like a banshee - you spell place names wrong, don't know which island is what religion...it's just hilarious. Particularly if there are other posters who've met the damn president!!
The middle east forum, Israel Palestine forum, global etc. do not have this rule, yet you constantly attack posters for that reason. Funny part is YOU ASSUME that, and you aren't really that observant to be able to tell. With me I can almost tell immediately.

With me I can almost tell immediately.

Oh me too!

It's very clear to me you have travelled very, very, very little in this world. Not even to places I tend to assume almost everyone has been to at some point.

I think it was when you didn't seem to know where Metullah or Gilo were that I figured you hadn't been to Israel.

As for Iran, it seemed VERY strange to me that Iranian wouldn't know the importance of the Shah drinking alcohol on Iranian TV, and toasting the President of the US with champagne.

But...who knows....I'm keen to see what you come up with on this one.

Last edited:

Speaking of Malaysia did you hear the latest coming from the President of the Philippines?

Philippines Urges Clan to Leave Malaysia Village - ABC News

Hoss -

I've been vaguely following this story for years, after reading a book which alleged cannibalism had taken place in some remote Sarawak villages, against Muslim Indonesian settlers. A bit like the fighting in Ambon, there are a lot of tensions beneath the surface. They are difficult conflicts to read.

What the hell any Filipino's are doing in Sabah I have no idea. That's just crazy.

Ohhhh, ohhhh! Who served in the IDF here?
m0163.gif

Forum List

Back