🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Myths and facts about Jerusalem and Temple Mount

The problem is Arab nationalism which began after WWI not "Palestinian" nationalism

sCo_hmmthink.gif

A Jewish state in the middle of what is considered by Arabs to be their land can't be tolerated, which is why until the Arabs recognize Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state there can never be any peace

What is Arab Nationalism?

"Arab Nationalism, like most other Middle Eastern nationalisms, was a child of the intellectual atmosphere of the nineteenth century and one of many responses to the process of incorporation of the world into a single system with Europe at its center which that century witnessed. Like these other ideologies, Arab nationalism in its fully developed form represented an expression of identity and of group solidarity within the projected new format of the nation-state by an amalgam of old elites and new social forces at once desirous of seeing their society resist control by outside forces and deeply influenced by the example and the challenge of the West.

Arab nationalism represented both a revival of old traditions and loyalties and a creation of new myths based on them, an invention of tradition... Thus, as Arab nationalism took hold, what had been described for thirteen centuries as the glories of Islamic civilization came to be called the glories of Arab civilization; the language and literature of the Arabs, always revered and cherished, took on a new and heightened importance; and a sense of pride in Arabism that had always existed but had long been dormant was consciously revived and actively fostered.

By some time early in the twentieth century, at the end of this process of synthesis, the idea was widespread throughout the 'Arab world' (itself a concept born of the rise of Arab nationalism) that anyone who spoke Arabic, looked back on the history of the Arabs with pride, and considered himself or herself to be an Arab was one, and that this sense of shared identity should in some measure find political expression. Soon, with the power of the state propagating it through the educational system, the media, and other avenues of access to cultural and political discourse in a number of newly independent Arab countries, the Arab idea was strongly entrenched."

What is Arab Nationalism? - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - ProCon.org

I agree.

thanks whoever posted up the essay titled WHAT IS ARAB NATIONALISM
were I the professor----I would give that essay an A+

You are A- claiming that firsthand experience is the only experience that counts,

Yes - but of course first hand experience is only useful if you have the knowledge to make sense of it.

Travel alone isn't enough. We all have to do read the history and talk to people and do the footwork to get some kind of insight into the world. I learned a lot about Turkey by spending time in Armenia and Georgia, to build up a regional perspective, for instance.

But without firsthand experience, it is extremely unlikely that anyone can learn much of any value. Ghana doesn't exist in a book. Want to understand Ghana? Get a room at the Nigara in Asylum Downs. Bring ear plugs.

Art is subjective. You like the Mona Lisa, I prefer Mondriaan.

Facts are not subjective. There are facts, and then there is gossip.*

*Suggesting that Palestinian nationalisn only began in th 1960's is neither - it's simply dishonest.

wrong again saigon ---you are CONFUSING arab nationalism with
something you are calling 'palestinian nationalism'

as to my experience-----I assure you ----I have had experiences with people
of MANY MANY cultures on a level that you will never know----nor will I tell you
-----it would be illegal in some of the instances and unethical in others

there is a difference between "nationalism" and religion. arab
nationalism is actually ISLAMICISM----sometimes broken up a bit
by sectarianism within islam. In todays world----the unifying
feature within islam is ISLAMICISM ----but that fact does not
prevent customary shiite murder of sunnis ----and reciprocal
bombs. I find it hard to believe that the shiites of Iran can maintain
alliances with sunni al queida

You are A- claiming that firsthand experience is the only experience that counts,

Yes - but of course first hand experience is only useful if you have the knowledge to make sense of it.

Travel alone isn't enough. We all have to do read the history and talk to people and do the footwork to get some kind of insight into the world. I learned a lot about Turkey by spending time in Armenia and Georgia, to build up a regional perspective, for instance.

But without firsthand experience, it is extremely unlikely that anyone can learn much of any value. Ghana doesn't exist in a book. Want to understand Ghana? Get a room at the Nigara in Asylum Downs. Bring ear plugs.

Art is subjective. You like the Mona Lisa, I prefer Mondriaan.

Facts are not subjective. There are facts, and then there is gossip.*

*Suggesting that Palestinian nationalisn only began in th 1960's is neither - it's simply dishonest.

wrong again saigon ---you are CONFUSING arab nationalism with
something you are calling 'palestinian nationalism'

as to my experience-----I assure you ----I have had experiences with people
of MANY MANY cultures on a level that you will never know----nor will I tell you
-----it would be illegal in some of the instances and unethical in others

there is a difference between "nationalism" and religion. arab
nationalism is actually ISLAMICISM----sometimes broken up a bit
by sectarianism within islam. In todays world----the unifying
feature within islam is ISLAMICISM ----but that fact does not
prevent customary shiite murder of sunnis ----and reciprocal
bombs. I find it hard to believe that the shiites of Iran can maintain
alliances with sunni al queida
Exactly. He does the same thing with Phiistine history. He attributes Philistine history to Arab Palestinian history, in an effort to legitimize their cause.

Funny part is he's not even a good liar, Because a few posts later he admits Philistines have nothing to do with Arab Palestinians. They say liars have bad memories.

You mean, Muhammad didn't travel to Jerusalem on that flying donkey, after all? I thought, Allah is the greatest, no? :clap2:

Exactly. He does the same thing with Phiistine history. He attributes Philistine history to Arab Palestinian history, in an effort to legitimize their cause.

Funny part is he's not even a good liar, Because a few posts later he admits Philistines have nothing to do with Arab Palestinians. They say liars have bad memories.

Philistines do not play a significant part in Palestinian history.

I posted one section of text explaning this SIX TIMES last week alone, Roudy. Please stop pretending you didn't see it.

The problem is Arab nationalism which began after WWI not "Palestinian" nationalism

And yet much of it was directed against Arabs. Odd.

Arabs didn't even begin calling themselves paliies until 1967. Jews were also called palestinians under the British Mandate.

Arabs vehemently resisted the British name "palestine" for fear it was a Western device to sever Syria.

Pallies are merely Arabs.

Last edited:
Maryland -

It's probably best you go and do some research on this, rather than just repeat the same myths that have been repeated - and rebutted - on this forum a dozen times.

David Fromkin's 'Peace to End All Peace' is an excellent resource on this.

It is not disputed by any informed source that Palestinian identity dates back to 1834 at the earliest, or 1914 at the latest.

Maryland -

It's probably best you go and do some research on this, rather than just repeat the same myths that have been repeated - and rebutted - on this forum a dozen times.

David Fromkin's 'Peace to End All Peace' is an excellent resource on this.

It is not disputed by any informed source that Palestinian identity dates back to 1834 at the earliest, or 1914 at the latest.

During the Ottoman Empire, there was no entity called "palestine" The land was known by Jews as Eretz Yisrael [land of Israel] and Suriya al-Janubiyya [south Syria] by the Rabs The British invented the name "palestine" after collapse of the Ottoman Empire in World War I.

Your history lesson

Last edited:
The British invented the name "palestine" after collapse of the Ottoman Empire in World War I.

Actually, the name dats from 500 years before Christ, genius. It predates the Romans, the British and the Ottomans.

The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the entire area between Phoenicia and Egypt was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece.[13] Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, the first historical work clearly defining the region, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley

Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I suggested earlier - do some basic reading, and come back to us when you have at least some basic idea of the history.

Myths and facts about Jerusalem and Temple Mount

1) The Islamic claim to the Temple Mount is very recent - Jerusalem's role as "The Third Holiest Site in Islam" in mainstream Islamic writings does not precede the 1930s. It was created by the grand mufti Haj Amin al-Husseini.

2) The Islamic claim to Jerusalem is false - There were no mosques in Jerusalem in 632 c.e. at the death of Muhammad... Jerusalem was [then] a Christian-occupied city. The muslim "claim" to Jerusalem is allegedly based on what is written in the koran, which although does not mention Jerusalem even once, nevertheless talks of the "furthest mosque" (in Sura 17:1) Is there any foundation to the muslim argument that this "furthest mosque" (al-masujidi al-aqsa) refers to what is today called the Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem? The answer is, NO!

3) The present Arabic name of Jerusalem is "Al-Quds"... but "Al-Quds" is an abbreviation for "The Jewish Temple"!
The Arabic name for Jerusalem is "Al-QuDS" (The Holy), which is abbreviation for another Arabic name used for Jerusalem until the last century, "Bayt al-MaQDeS" (The Holy House), since the 10th century c.e. The name "Bayt al-MaQDeS" is a translation of the Hebrew "Beyt ha-MiKDaSH", which means "House of Holiness", "Temple". But Islam has no Temple, only the Jews did. Thus the Arabic name for Jerusalem makes no reference to Muhammad's alleged trip to Heaven, but rather refers to the Jewish Temple!
In fact, it can be seen that significant Islamic interest in the Temple Mount does not precede the Six-Day War in 1967.

Jerusalem appears 800 times in the Hebrew Bible. The Book of Isaiah refers to Jerusalem as "Ir Haqodesh" Hebrew for The Holy City.

Number of times Jerusalem appears in the Koran: Zero, not even once.

It is then specified in the Hadith, the sayings of the Prophet Mohammad, that the Al Aqsa Mosque is indeed located in Jerusalem:

That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my Night Journey), I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it." Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 226.

Jerusalem in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

btw. How many times do words like 'Turkey', 'Iraq' or 'Saudi Arabia' appear in the bible?

Last edited:
The British invented the name "palestine" after collapse of the Ottoman Empire in World War I.

Actually, the name dats from 500 years before Christ, genius. It predates the Romans, the British and the Ottomans.

The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the entire area between Phoenicia and Egypt was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece.[13] Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, the first historical work clearly defining the region, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley

Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I suggested earlier - do some basic reading, and come back to us when you have at least some basic idea of the history.

Palestine is an English name invented by the British after WW I, which they Anglicized from the Latin "palaestina" which the Romans invented to briefly call Israel in retribution for the Bar Kokhba Revolt, in an attempt to erase 1000 years of Jewish nationhood.

"Palaestina" is derived from the Hebrew name "Peleshet" that appears in the Hebrew Bible, referring to the Land of the Philistines near Gaza, who were of Indo-European origins. Pelesh means invaders in Hebrew.

So, today's fakestinians identify by a Hebrew-based name referring to invaders to Israel, which they are :lol:

Last edited:

It is then specified in the Hadith, the sayings of the Prophet Mohammad, that the Al Aqsa Mosque is indeed located in Jerusalem:

That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my Night Journey), I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it." Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 226.

Jerusalem in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

btw. How many times do words like 'Turkey', 'Iraq' or 'Saudi Arabia' appear in the bible?

No Jerusalem in the Koran. Sorry! :lol:

Palestine is an English name invented by the British after WW I,

Is it really too much to ask that you try and establish a few basic facts BEFORE posting?

The programmes of four Palestinian nationalist societies jamyyat al-Ikha’ wal-‘Afaf (Brotherhood and Purity), al-jam’iyya al-Khayriyya al-Islamiyya, Shirkat al-Iqtissad alFalastini al-Arabi and Shirkat al-Tijara al-Wataniyya al-Iqtisadiyya were reported in the newspaper Falastin in June 1914 by letter from R. Abu al-Sal’ud. The four societies has similarities in function and ideals; the promotion of patriotism, educational aspirations and support for national industries

Palestinian nationalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Only" little problem: The al aqsa mosque didn't exist during muhammad's alleged life. He croaked in the year 632 CE but the al aqsa mosque wasn't constructed until 715 CE.

Islam is filled with more shit than a Christmas goose :lol:

No Jerusalem in the Koran. Sorry! :lol:

Firstly, so what?

What on earth could that possibly have to do with anything?

Is Turkey in the bible? Iraq? Saudi Arabia?

Secondly, as we have just seen AL Aqsa mosque IS in the Koran, and that IS in Jerusalem.

Jesus wept....

"Only" little problem: The al aqsa mosque didn't exist during muhammad's alleged life. He croaked in the year 632 CE but the al aqsa mosque wasn't constructed until 715 CE.

Islam is filled with more shit than a Christmas goose :lol:

Dear God - the same myths again and again and again - why not read back through the thread first so you don't embarass yourself?

Put it this way, genius - there were no mosques in Mecca in 632 either.

Palestine is an English name invented by the British after WW I,

Is it really too much to ask that you try and establish a few basic facts BEFORE posting?

The programmes of four Palestinian nationalist societies jamyyat al-Ikha’ wal-‘Afaf (Brotherhood and Purity), al-jam’iyya al-Khayriyya al-Islamiyya, Shirkat al-Iqtissad alFalastini al-Arabi and Shirkat al-Tijara al-Wataniyya al-Iqtisadiyya were reported in the newspaper Falastin in June 1914 by letter from R. Abu al-Sal’ud. The four societies has similarities in function and ideals; the promotion of patriotism, educational aspirations and support for national industries

Palestinian nationalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia? :lol:

During the Ottoman Empire, there was no palestine nor palestinians. Arabs viewed the land as south Syria, no different to north Syria. They identified as Arabs or Muslims or Ottoman nationals or Syrians.

The newspaper serving south Syria at that timeframe was called Suriya al-Janubiyya, south Syria in Arabic.

Your history lesson.

Forum List

Back