N.J. troopers arrest woman for remaining silent during traffic stop

[
Just do everyone with half a brain a favor...don't suggest that you know that a person has no right to invoke their constitutional Rights.

LOL;

I nor anyone else has said such a thing.

You are creating a straw man because logical fallacy is as close to logic as you will ever get,

No matter how many times you suggest it, it still equals ignorant and stupid...or do you want to trot out your race game again????...that was stupid also.

What race game is that, sparky?

Race is the domain of you leftist fools.
Post# 59 is where you said it you lying jack ass....

Uncensored2008Libertarian Radical
Thanks Received:
Ratings:
+16,558

You just tripped over your own words...signing a citation is not admitting anything criminal or illegal, it simply obligates you to show for your court date.
And?

If you refuse to sign and speak, off to jail you go.

So you stated that a citizen invoking their 5th Amend Right belongs in jail...what a dumb ass...

Post#100:
You lying sack of shit...you weren't racist???:

I find it hard to believe that you have a drivers license.

During a traffic stop, the police WILL ask some basic questions. The first will be "do you know why I pulled you over?" Now I encourage you to say "cuz yoo a honky muthafucka disreespectifying da black man." especially if the cop is black.

When asked why she was pulled over all she had to say was give me my ticket and i'll be on my way.
Instead she wanted to be a smart ass....I'm sorry but I dont have any sympathy for people like her.
You mean intelligent people that assert their Rights???
dude, the cops did what is within their rights to do as a result of her invoking her rights. It is the consequence of her doing what she did. Why is it you fking leftturds can't quite grasp the whole consequence thingy? I mean really, grow some fking balls and learn.
WAIT!!!!...LOL!!!...WAIT!!!!
Are you so incredibly fucking stupid that you believe invoking a Constitutional Right is probable cause for arrest????

HAHAHA!!!!!!

It's not within the Police Officer's right to effect a false arrest because a citizen exercises their rights...
sure it is when they invoke their right to speak. The cops are allowed to bring that person to the station and question her in front of a lawyer. Then she can go home once done. it is reality and again a consequence. Look up the word lefty.
Please just stop...you are giving ignorant a bad name....
I hurt your feelings. Poor ignorant

The dashboard camera footage shows Stazzone approached the vehicle on the passenger side and asked Musarra for her license, registration and insurance.

"While you're looking for that, do you know why you're being pulled over tonight?" the trooper asked her, according to the tape. She claims she provided the documents but didn't respond.

After asking her several more times, Stazzone walked to the other side of her car, rapping on the window with his flashlight and again demanding a response.

"You're going to be placed under arrest if you don't answer my questions," he told her. Musarra claims the force of the flashlight chipped her window.

The footage shows she eventually told the trooper she was an attorney and that she did not have to answer questions. Stazzone then ordered her out of the vehicle.

As the two troopers cuffed her and walked her toward a troop car, Musarra asked them, "Are you detaining me because I refused to speak?"

"Yeah," Stazzone replied, according to the video. "Yeah, obstruction," Gosa added.

Yeah, another out of court settlement. These idiots arrested an Attorney for exercising her 5th Amendment Right and refusing to speak with them...

WATCH: N.J. troopers arrest woman for remaining silent during traffic stop

And?

You have the right to remain silent, but usually it's not a good idea.

Especially when the chick had nothing to gain by being a smart ass.
I'll never understand people who antagonize cops for no other reason than to be a shithead.

"Chick"?

The dashboard camera footage shows Stazzone approached the vehicle on the passenger side and asked Musarra for her license, registration and insurance.

"While you're looking for that, do you know why you're being pulled over tonight?" the trooper asked her, according to the tape. She claims she provided the documents but didn't respond.

After asking her several more times, Stazzone walked to the other side of her car, rapping on the window with his flashlight and again demanding a response.

"You're going to be placed under arrest if you don't answer my questions," he told her. Musarra claims the force of the flashlight chipped her window.

The footage shows she eventually told the trooper she was an attorney and that she did not have to answer questions. Stazzone then ordered her out of the vehicle.

As the two troopers cuffed her and walked her toward a troop car, Musarra asked them, "Are you detaining me because I refused to speak?"

"Yeah," Stazzone replied, according to the video. "Yeah, obstruction," Gosa added.

Yeah, another out of court settlement. These idiots arrested an Attorney for exercising her 5th Amendment Right and refusing to speak with them...

And?

I'll never understand people who antagonize cops for no other reason than to be a shithead.

"Chick"?

Would you prefer bitch....dyke?

You mean intelligent people that assert their Rights???
dude, the cops did what is within their rights to do as a result of her invoking her rights. It is the consequence of her doing what she did. Why is it you fking leftturds can't quite grasp the whole consequence thingy? I mean really, grow some fking balls and learn.
Are you so incredibly fucking stupid that you believe invoking a Constitutional Right is probable cause for arrest????

HAHAHA!!!!!!

It's not within the Police Officer's right to effect a false arrest because a citizen exercises their rights...
sure it is when they invoke their right to speak. The cops are allowed to bring that person to the station and question her in front of a lawyer. Then she can go home once done. it is reality and again a consequence. Look up the word lefty.
:itsok:

And?

"Chick"?

Oh...another sad misogynist.....ho hum.

HAHAHA!!!!!!

:itsok:
:2up:

And?

"Chick"?

Oh...another sad misogynist.....ho hum.

Nah...I love women.
It's the bitches I can't stand.

Don't worry...Officers violating the rights of citizens is a discussion you aren't prepared for...
what right did he violate? She had a choice, speak to the officer or go to the precinct and take care of it there. I'm not clear what the officers did wrong.

HE did nothing wrong.

The woman is at fault. All she had to do was answer his questions.

Hope she liked it at the station.

Don't worry...Officers violating the rights of citizens is a discussion you aren't prepared for...
what right did he violate? She had a choice, speak to the officer or go to the precinct and take care of it there. I'm not clear what the officers did wrong.

HE did nothing wrong.

The woman is at fault. All she had to do was answer his questions.

Hope she liked it at the station.
actually, the woman has every right to do what she did, the consequence though is she visits the station. It's not that she did anything wrong, she chose where she'd speak.

Both sides were stupid.

She didn't have to answer the question. She could have ask him why he was pulling her over but she did not need to answer his question at all. If it were a moving violation then write the ticket and let her go. It look like the officer was power tripping and will need to explain his stupidity...

Both sides were stupid.

She didn't have to answer the question. She could have ask him why he was pulling her over but she did not need to answer his question at all. If it were a moving violation then write the ticket and let her go. It look like the officer was power tripping and will need to explain his stupidity...
we agree, however, and again not to sound redundant all the time, getting a license has obligations and interacting at times with law enforcement is one of those possibilities. There are rules. Now, you're correct, she doesn't have to answer him at the stop, but she will be brought in which is what happened. her decision, not his. Let's get some facts straight.

The information you are required to give a police officer is your name, address and birthdate. That's all.

You are required to show an officer your driver's license upon request. It is not your license. It is the state's. They can take it any time they want to. One of the conditions of you having it is that you will show it to law enforcement upon request.

If an officer is questioning you beyond that which he is entitled to do the proper response is NOT I gots de rights. It is "Am I free to go?" At that point you will get handed your ticket with a "have a nice day".

If you are not free to go, you are in custody. Now you cannot be questioned without your miranda rights read to you.

Both sides were stupid.

we agree, however, and again not to sound redundant all the time, getting a license has obligations and interacting at times with law enforcement is one of those possibilities. There are rules. Now, you're correct, she doesn't have to answer him at the stop, but she will be brought in which is what happened. her decision, not his. Let's get some facts straight.
What was the outcome of her rights being violated????

Oh yeah, the supervisor apologized for the mistake the troopers made.
Any and all charges dropped, including the hilarious obstruction"charge."
Her vehicle returned without tow or impound charges.
The department is still involved in the lawsuit.

So yeah, let's introduce the facts...

Both sides were stupid.

What was the mistake the troopers made? Was it in the stop to begin with?

Both sides were stupid.

What was the mistake the troopers made? Was it in the stop to begin with?
The stop was legal...however, after you hand over your documents you aren't required to respond to any questions asked by the Officers.

She invoked her 5th Amend Right to remain silent and was arrested as a result of exercising her Constitutional Right.

The Supervisor realized that they falsely arrested her and tried to head off a law suit, being that the woman was an attorney, she knew she already had them on the hook.

If you go in front of a Judge, you can't plead ignorance of the law as a defense and neither will these troopers...rookies or not.

Forum List

Back