N.J. troopers arrest woman for remaining silent during traffic stop

[

But it is a right tho? One that isnt illegal correct?

Sure, but doing so PRIOR to arrest will most likely result in your arrest.

The right to silence must be exercised in conjunction with counsel to be effective.

If you've done nothing wrong, the smart thing to do is say that you've done nothing wrong.
You are wrong, you need no counsel present to exercise your right to remain silent.
Where did you come up with that???
There is no right to remain silent unless a crime has been committed and you are suspected of committing it. There is no right to remain silent unless you are in custody.

An officer asks your name. This is not a custodial interrogation requiring miranda warnings. Traffic infractions are not crimes. The officer is lawfully engaged in his official duties. You simply watch too much tv.

Your last comment is most telling, Ms. Tipsy. It is not the police officer's call to say a crime has been committed. His job is to apprehend, not judge. It is the responsibility of the District Attorney's office to determine if there is a crime, and then decide to prosecute.

[

The right to silence must be exercised in conjunction with counsel to be effective.

If you've done nothing wrong, the smart thing to do is say that you've done nothing wrong.
You are wrong, you need no counsel present to exercise your right to remain silent.
There is no right to remain silent unless a crime has been committed and you are suspected of committing it. There is no right to remain silent unless you are in custody.

An officer asks your name. This is not a custodial interrogation requiring miranda warnings. Traffic infractions are not crimes. The officer is lawfully engaged in his official duties. You simply watch too much tv.
wow. you can't really be that ignorant
I made good money off people as dippy as you are.

The bad part is, once you get done with the obstruction of justice charge, you will still have the original ticket to pay.

You just tripped over your own words...signing a citation is not admitting anything criminal or illegal, it simply obligates you to show for your court date.

And?

If you refuse to sign and speak, off to jail you go.
Not for very long though. Someone taken in for refusing to cooperate with a police officer's lawful questioning will be taken into custody and processed. You will be searched. Your identification will be found. Your vehicle will be impounded and searched your registration and insurance will be found, Once the police have their relevant information you will receive your citations, get your court date and be free to go. Two hours, tops. Then you can get your car out of impound.

What is lawful questioning? The officer has to have probable cause, Ms. Tipsy. And once a police officer starts asking questions, a citizen is within their full rights to refer those questions to his or her attorney.
No. You are all bolluxed up. There is no probable cause associated with traffic citations. There is no crime. It is an infraction. Questions relating to identification don't get referred to an attorney. Call my attorney, he will tell you who I am. The traffic judge will laugh you right out of traffic court and into criminal court.
Yes... you did graduate with honors...
My Drivers Licence states who I am, after I give it to the Officer I may state...All the documentation that I provided to you is accurate and current and I wish to exercise my 5th Amend right to remain silent.

From that point on I need reasonable suspicion or probable cause to continue to question you.

[

wow. you can't really be that ignorant
I made good money off people as dippy as you are.

The bad part is, once you get done with the obstruction of justice charge, you will still have the original ticket to pay.
Most of us don't consider $5.00 to be good money.

[

Your last comment is most telling, Ms. Tipsy. It is not the police officer's call to say a crime has been committed. His job is to apprehend, not judge. It is the responsibility of the District Attorney's office to determine if there is a crime, and then decide to prosecute.
There's no crime! You keep thinking that traffic tickets are crimes and they aren't. Everything you imagine is applicable to crimes doesn't exist. There is no right to miranda warnings, there is no right to an attorney when the officer asks your name.

You can escalate the stop to criminal activity but that's up to you.

You just tripped over your own words...signing a citation is not admitting anything criminal or illegal, it simply obligates you to show for your court date.

And?

Not for very long though. Someone taken in for refusing to cooperate with a police officer's lawful questioning will be taken into custody and processed. You will be searched. Your identification will be found. Your vehicle will be impounded and searched your registration and insurance will be found, Once the police have their relevant information you will receive your citations, get your court date and be free to go. Two hours, tops. Then you can get your car out of impound.

What is lawful questioning? The officer has to have probable cause, Ms. Tipsy. And once a police officer starts asking questions, a citizen is within their full rights to refer those questions to his or her attorney.
No. You are all bolluxed up. There is no probable cause associated with traffic citations. There is no crime. It is an infraction. Questions relating to identification don't get referred to an attorney. Call my attorney, he will tell you who I am. The traffic judge will laugh you right out of traffic court and into criminal court.
My Drivers Licence states who I am, after I give it to the Officer I may state...All the documentation that I provided to you is accurate and current and I wish to exercise my 5th Amend right to remain silent.

From that point on I need reasonable suspicion or probable cause to continue to question you.
Since there's no CRIME you will get your ticket and be on your way

And?

Again you fall back to stupidity.
If I stop you for a traffic violation and you hand me a license that is defaced or damaged so that I can't accurately read it, I have reasonable suspicion to question you, if I observe any illegalities with you or your vehicle I then have probable cause to detain, question or arrest you.

And?

Who said anything about traffic citations? You. You're a bit out of the loop, Ms. Tipsy, and putting words in people's mouths.

I understand...you were made a fool when you stated that an individual had to stage a defense or be convicted during a road side traffic stop and now you want to steer the thread away from your idiocy.

BWAHAHAHAHA :lmao:

What a fucking retard. If you must lie, try to at least make it sane.

Look, You know nothing about law or procedure, another leftist moron spewing shit.

Please just take your foot from your mouth and move on.

I think I'll make you a project, blowhard....

Again you fall back to stupidity.
If I stop you for a traffic violation and you hand me a license that is defaced or damaged so that I can't accurately read it, I have reasonable suspicion to question you, if I observe any illegalities with you or your vehicle I then have probable cause to detain, question or arrest you.
Those are now more than traffic citations. In such a circumstsnce, you have a defaced license, there's some illegality with the car, it was reported stolen perhaps you would NOT be questioned. You would be put under arrest and no one would bother asking your name. If you are going to be arrested there's no use asking who you are or where you live. They will know all that anyway.

When you run out of fake logic you start calling names. Yawn, you bore me. At least do a twirl in your pretty dress Drama queen

When a leftist is too stupid to have a reasoned debate with, point it out.

I understand, you think being obtuse is "winning."

Just type too stupid for every response and you should be fine

Why not just quote the times you say someone is too stupid and save time? :itsok:

Just type too stupid for every response and you should be fine

When dealing with you, probably correct.

You're not a leftist because you're particularly bright, now are you?

Ahhh, see that time instead of saying too stupid for the 11th time you added in bigger words to suggest the same thing. You're learning like a robot with a blank drive

When asked why she was pulled over all she had to say was give me my ticket and i'll be on my way.
Instead she wanted to be a smart ass....I'm sorry but I dont have any sympathy for people like her.
and got exactly what was supposed to happen.

[

I find it hard to believe that you have a drivers license.

During a traffic stop, the police WILL ask some basic questions. The first will be "do you know why I pulled you over?" Now I encourage you to say "cuz yoo a honky muthafucka disreespectifying da black man." especially if the cop is black. :thup:

The cop will tell you why you were stopped, and depending on the state (yours' being confusion) you are in, ask for a drivers license, registration, and proof of insurance. By all means refuse to give these to him. Refuse to answer at all and keep reaching for the center console while trying to conceal your movements. :thup:

If the officer then commands you to exit the vehicle, respond with "make me muthafucka." ;)

I promise you that if you do all these things, America will be a better place... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back