N.J. troopers arrest woman for remaining silent during traffic stop

You just tripped over your own words...signing a citation is not admitting anything criminal or illegal, it simply obligates you to show for your court date.

And?

If you refuse to sign and speak, off to jail you go.
I understand...you were made a fool when you stated that an individual had to stage a defense or be convicted during a road side traffic stop and now you want to steer the thread away from your idiocy.
Please just take your foot from your mouth and move on.

You idiots on the extrmes are . . . idiotic.

All she had to was be polite, but she wanted to pick a fight she will lose.]

All the cops had to do was be polite, explain to her she had to answer basic questions that did not incriminate here, but they acted idiotically as well.
Sorry Bucko but you are dead wrong.
She didn't have to answer any "basic"questions and now the idiots that violated her rights just caused that woman to win a hefty settlement.
Her rights were not violated and she will have to pay a hefty fine.
I understand it...you can't read.

[

Yeah but he didnt ask about a robbery drama queen. You dropped your tiara while you were licking those boots

Are you as stupid in real life as you present yourself to be here?

When you run out of fake logic you start calling names. Yawn, you bore me. At least do a twirl in your pretty dress Drama queen
We should have known a tantrum was around the corner when lunacy failed...

You just tripped over your own words...signing a citation is not admitting anything criminal or illegal, it simply obligates you to show for your court date.

And?

Not for very long though. Someone taken in for refusing to cooperate with a police officer's lawful questioning will be taken into custody and processed. You will be searched. Your identification will be found. Your vehicle will be impounded and searched your registration and insurance will be found, Once the police have their relevant information you will receive your citations, get your court date and be free to go. Two hours, tops. Then you can get your car out of impound.

The dashboard camera footage shows Stazzone approached the vehicle on the passenger side and asked Musarra for her license, registration and insurance.

"While you're looking for that, do you know why you're being pulled over tonight?" the trooper asked her, according to the tape. She claims she provided the documents but didn't respond.

After asking her several more times, Stazzone walked to the other side of her car, rapping on the window with his flashlight and again demanding a response.

"You're going to be placed under arrest if you don't answer my questions," he told her. Musarra claims the force of the flashlight chipped her window.

The footage shows she eventually told the trooper she was an attorney and that she did not have to answer questions. Stazzone then ordered her out of the vehicle.

As the two troopers cuffed her and walked her toward a troop car, Musarra asked them, "Are you detaining me because I refused to speak?"

"Yeah," Stazzone replied, according to the video. "Yeah, obstruction," Gosa added.

Yeah, another out of court settlement. These idiots arrested an Attorney for exercising her 5th Amendment Right and refusing to speak with them...

WATCH: N.J. troopers arrest woman for remaining silent during traffic stop

And?

You have the right to remain silent, but usually it's not a good idea.

Actually, you've got that exactly in reverse, Mr. Un.

[

Did you rob that store???
Officer I exercise my right to remain silent...

At which point the handcuffs go on.

If that's you're goal, it's a great way to get there.

Easy enough for Conservatives to mimic the sounds...

Have you been drinking?
And later after the Probable Cause hearing, I can collect my check.
There are no probable cause hearings for traffic violations.
I know you are slow...let me give you a handout...

In that instance, the question revolved around the robbery of a store and the proceeding arrest for that alleged crime.

Yes a Probable Cause hearing would take place...class over; go home.

she didn't have to say a damn thing to him. she's certainly not under any obligation to admit to anything.

False.

A "ticket" is legally a release on your own recognizance. If you fail to cooperate, you will not be released. The ticket is a signed promise to appear in court, If you do not sign, you will be taken in.

Yep...was riding with a buddy when I was in my late teens when the blue lights started flashing.
Instead of immediately pulling over he tried to be sneaky and pulled into a parking lot to try and hide.
The cop of course saw all this but was willing to let it go and just wrote him a ticket.
When the officer handed him the ticket he started reading it real slow...the cop told him to just sign the ticket as it wasnt an admission of guilt.
My buddy said.....My dad told me never to sign something i havent read.
At that point the cop told him to get out of the car and put your hands behind your back.
He ended up not only getting the ticket but was also charged with evading.

[

At which point the handcuffs go on.

If that's you're goal, it's a great way to get there.

Easy enough for Conservatives to mimic the sounds...

Have you been drinking?
And later after the Probable Cause hearing, I can collect my check.
There are no probable cause hearings for traffic violations.
I know you are slow...let me give you a handout...

In that instance, the question revolved around the robbery of a store and the proceeding arrest for that alleged crime.

Yes a Probable Cause hearing would take place...class over; go home.
Post#35 and the idiot that posted the question is trying to back away from it...lol.

And?

Not for very long though. Someone taken in for refusing to cooperate with a police officer's lawful questioning will be taken into custody and processed. You will be searched. Your identification will be found. Your vehicle will be impounded and searched your registration and insurance will be found, Once the police have their relevant information you will receive your citations, get your court date and be free to go. Two hours, tops. Then you can get your car out of impound.

What is lawful questioning? The officer has to have probable cause, Ms. Tipsy. And once a police officer starts asking questions, a citizen is within their full rights to refer those questions to his or her attorney.

And?

What is lawful questioning? The officer has to have probable cause, Ms. Tipsy. And once a police officer starts asking questions, a citizen is within their full rights to refer those questions to his or her attorney.
I'm ashamed you even responded to that idiocy...

[

But it is a right tho? One that isnt illegal correct?

Sure, but doing so PRIOR to arrest will most likely result in your arrest.

The right to silence must be exercised in conjunction with counsel to be effective.

If you've done nothing wrong, the smart thing to do is say that you've done nothing wrong.
You are wrong, you need no counsel present to exercise your right to remain silent.
Where did you come up with that???
There is no right to remain silent unless a crime has been committed and you are suspected of committing it. There is no right to remain silent unless you are in custody.

An officer asks your name. This is not a custodial interrogation requiring miranda warnings. Traffic infractions are not crimes. The officer is lawfully engaged in his official duties. You simply watch too much tv.

[

The right to silence must be exercised in conjunction with counsel to be effective.

If you've done nothing wrong, the smart thing to do is say that you've done nothing wrong.
You are wrong, you need no counsel present to exercise your right to remain silent.
There is no right to remain silent unless a crime has been committed and you are suspected of committing it. There is no right to remain silent unless you are in custody.

An officer asks your name. This is not a custodial interrogation requiring miranda warnings. Traffic infractions are not crimes. The officer is lawfully engaged in his official duties. You simply watch too much tv.
Did you go to stupid school and graduate with honors???

[

wow. you can't really be that ignorant

And?

No. You are all bolluxed up. There is no probable cause associated with traffic citations. There is no crime. It is an infraction. Questions relating to identification don't get referred to an attorney. Call my attorney, he will tell you who I am. The traffic judge will laugh you right out of traffic court and into criminal court.

Forum List

Back